Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 60wayne Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Wed Apr 04 2012 11:18 AM
Who is bringing what to Dixie Gas, April 12 ?

Attached picture 009.JPG
Attached picture 023 (2).JPG
Attached picture 090.JPG
I am comming loaded for bear!!!
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Wed Apr 04 2012 01:38 PM
Loaded for bear or loaded with beer ? Save me one, bear !
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Wed Apr 04 2012 02:10 PM
A few more things. Cloth towel roll dispenser.

Attached picture 033.JPG
Attached picture 036.JPG
john m check your email save that desoto sign for me
Chris call me tomorrow,John
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Thu Apr 05 2012 11:14 AM
Boy.... No one seems to be excited about Dixie Gas ? I am !! Talked with Chip yesterday he is gearing up for it. He has a tractor show this weekend.

Attached picture 006.JPG
Posted By: danlap99 Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Thu Apr 05 2012 10:02 PM
I'll be there thursday , bringing some KILLER Texaco signs
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Fri Apr 06 2012 12:24 PM
Dixie

Attached picture 158.JPG
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Fri Apr 06 2012 08:52 PM
more

Attached picture 133.JPG
I'm coming, bringing the family. Anybody bringing anything enarco, send me a PM of what you have. Can't wait to be there!
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Sat Apr 07 2012 10:38 PM
More stuff, Come on I know somebody is bring something to this show !!! Show it off !!

Attached picture 002 (3).JPG
Originally Posted By: 60wayne
More stuff, Come on I know somebody is bring something to this show !!! Show it off !!

Bringing the mrs. I'll try to get her to dressup!
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Mon Apr 09 2012 12:25 AM
Only a few more days !!

Description: Only a few more days !
Attached picture 012.JPG
Attached picture 010.JPG
Attached picture 004.JPG
Packed and ready to go. I have over 100 signs with 2 real nice neons. Also 2 restored gas pumps and 2 ECO air meters. Cant wait to see everybody there.John
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Tue Apr 10 2012 02:24 AM
Started packing this morning, still a lot to do tomorrow but will be there on Wednesday evening. Just loaded a cigarette machine. John you have a long drive !!

Attached picture 307.JPG
800 miles see you there
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Tue Apr 10 2012 11:11 AM
Check out under Non-petro for other stuff. 800 miles John, I know the trip well. 81 most of the way. I'll be doing it soon for Brimfield.

Attached picture 005.JPG
pm sent
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Tue Apr 10 2012 11:49 PM
Loaded up and headed there tomorrow. Early set up on Thursday.

Attached picture 017.JPG
Headed up thursday morning packing up John Deere dealership neon,GMC neon, 48 inch ingram sign with ring, 1935 AC oil filter sign,Blue coal porcelain thermometer, couple hwy shield signs and lots more great stuff looking fwd to Dixie gas show weather looks great!!!Hope everyone has a safe trip!!
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Wed Apr 11 2012 12:36 AM
One more picture and that's enough. Thanks everyone for taking a look.

Attached picture 014.JPG
Time to drive! Great weather awaits!
Just got off of the phone with some guys that are bringing some clockface and computer pumps. So I decided to bring a model 98L Lubar pump, globes and some smalls. See yall on Thursday morning for set up.

Attached picture Picture 3496.jpg
Posted By: coheley5 Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Thu Apr 12 2012 10:35 AM
How many people will be there Saturday looks like great weather.
Posted By: reb Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Fri Apr 13 2012 12:54 AM
Pictures from this morning at Dixie Gas

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa197...mview=slideshow
Thanks for all the pics.
Good pictures, I would say you covered the show. I got there around 2:30 and was surprised how many signs I saw that you have pictures of still there. I heard rumbling by dealers that not many sales. I think people at the show to buy, could give a good reason for the rummbling. As a buyer of signs and I like excellant condition, I have to say no matter who wants to beat on me, condition was not there. Hefty prices on a lot of signseven on every day numerous made signs. I saw a ton of reproduction, fantasy items with big prices on them as well. You all can bang on me all you want but I like our hobby but we are running people away with what I observed at the show. Was a lot of dealers and I'm sure good time by all there not hitting on that. Maybe that is the market now that condition is not important, but prices aren't in line with this. I saw a lot of dealers packing up and they were going home not for the night. It is a shame for BUYERS coming a long way to see these things going on at our shows. Let the beating begin.
I'm not going to bash on you,as I tend to agree with your observation of prices in general. Being somewhat new to gas and oil,and not arming my self with value books I wasn't sure,but seems signage was high compared to last years shows.
I allways say its a sellers market. But you can price youself out of the game,and that seems to be what has happened. Maybe fuel prices has become a factor,but buyers burnt the same to get there.
Maybe the deep pockets showed up today and all is well.
Thanks for posting the pics Reb.
killer pics....thanks a million.
Thanks for the pics Reb. forgot to thank you 1st post. Super job of covering the show.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Fri Apr 13 2012 11:32 PM
Thanks for sharing all the pictures, Reb!
Posted By: blacktee Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Sat Apr 14 2012 12:32 AM
That's a lot of hard work with the photos. THANKS !!!
great pictures and i have to ask who had the ronald mcdonald and how much? thanks.
WOW!!!!Thanks for the pics
Wow Great Pictures!! Thanks!!
was that sinclair aircraft sign real?
Appreciate the effort in taking, posting and sharing these great pictures.
Here in the South, all of us old "Gassers", are lucky to have Reb. He covers a show like nobody else can. The time and effort he puts into his photos is priceless. When Reb got there, something was wrong with his camera, so he went back and got another one.....now that is what I call "Dedication". Thanks, Reb. See you at the next show.

likeitall: The Ronald McDonald was big Mike's from Florida.

Powerlube: The Sinclair Aircraft didn't look real to me.
we need more Reb's- good job cool
Posted By: coheley5 Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Sat Apr 14 2012 05:12 PM
Thanks for all those pictures I hope to go this fall
Originally Posted By: Larry Nace

Powerlube: The Sinclair Aircraft didn't look real to me.

I agree really can't put my finger on just what,and looked from a distance a couple times,but something wasn't right with it.
The outer ring on the aircraft is an inch or two extra wide.

Who had that mustang up on the deck? Looked like it had to be high dollar!
...it was hand-painted...the seller had many hand painted signs, I'm pretty sure they weren't dated...
Great slideshow!

I didn't get to walk much let alone get many pictures so I really appreciate them greatly.

I stuck around this time for Saturday, but even with the 10-mile yard sale there wasn't a crowd of people up to 11:30am.

I had good success in selling and buying, but have to agree that some dealers were rather pricey(reminded me of last month at Mason Dixon). I made deals & trades with like-minded dealers who were there to do business and passed on many signs when the owners idea of a discount was 1-2% on less than nice signs.

Overall it was a great show and several collectors/dealers I advised about the show made the trip for the first time and indicated they'll be back in the fall.

Thanks Chip!
I thought the show was great good weather and good people thanks for the slide show!
Originally Posted By: powerlube
Who had that mustang up on the deck? Looked like it had to be high dollar!

...that would be Robert from Trackside Auctions, no price on the sign, but a phone number...he also had several undated, unmarked fakes spread out in front of the cabin - including the notorious Supreme Auto Oil flange that had its own thread on Oldgas a couple months back...
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Sun Apr 15 2012 05:16 PM
Great Pix, THANKS!!!
Who had the rough Ford Battery sign on the Table in this picture?

Hey guys. Does anybody know who had the rough Super Chevrolet dealership sign? Thanks...
Posted By: grabber Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Tue Apr 17 2012 11:50 AM
That jewel of a Chevy Super Service is ours ...I think it will clean up lol...kidding Dan kidding...I call it a 500 footer wink
...I especially enjoyed meeting Tom Buckles at Dixie Gas...

...here are a few scenes from Dixie - taken by myself, BBQ Chicken, CircaDesigns, and The Brain...

Posted By: grabber Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Wed Apr 18 2012 07:39 PM
Lovin the "ACE" hanging tough...and the quality porcelain Sound Horn Pure sign wink
What a fun show, picked up a couple of good pieces, met some new folks, hang with some folks I've known for a long time and the weather was awesome. Hope I can make to Fall Dixie and take some more interesting photos.
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Sun Apr 22 2012 02:52 AM
Who had the pig for sale and how much was it? Good shot of the big dog !!

Where is the blade on that Club Cadet ?
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Sun Apr 22 2012 02:56 AM
Get me a beer now !!!!

Attached picture 005.JPG
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Sun Apr 22 2012 02:57 AM
You talk'en too me !!!!!

Attached picture 013.JPG
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Sun Apr 22 2012 02:59 AM
Don't give me that look ! Get to it!

Attached picture 004.JPG
Posted By: dalin Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Mon Apr 23 2012 05:16 AM
gulfiend , is that Pure sign mounted on your steering wheel ? lol
...damn right, that's how I roll...nah, it was just there for the shot...
I enjoyed buying and then reselling the Rooster head sign. Was told is was Red Crown feed, but haven't found anything online similar sign wise.

The old Cushman motorbike was a cool piece to see at Dixie too.
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Dixie Gas in a week or so, Who is bringing what ? - Wed Apr 25 2012 11:19 AM
A friend sent me a picture of the whole rooster sign that the rooster had been cut from and it is advertising Honegger Layers.I think it is great the way it is.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk