Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: P3 Navy 4ever New kid on the block - Thu Apr 16 2020 03:03 PM
Thank you for the add. I'm in California and have just started a new interest in old signage and gas station memorabilia. I love muscle cars and ride a Harley. I've ridden the Harley on the Lincoln Highway, (the original route) from Lincoln Park in San Francisco to Times Square NY, back in 2013. Along the way, I saw many, many old gas stations on the sides of the road, waiting for someone to come along and restore them to their old glory. If I had the time a money, I would be one of those persons. I look forward to meeting may of you in the forum. Here is a sign I acquired several months back. If anyone has any info they can provide me with on my sign, I'd appreciate any feedback.

Description: Texaco Filling Station sign
Attached picture IMG_1855.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2233 2.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3424.jpg
Posted By: advertologist Re: New kid on the block - Thu Apr 16 2020 03:21 PM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: New kid on the block - Thu Apr 16 2020 04:30 PM
Welcome to Oldgas. I'm sure someone here can give you some information on your sign.
Posted By: P3 Navy 4ever Re: New kid on the block - Thu Apr 16 2020 05:12 PM
Thank you. I look forward to becoming very educated here. I am one of those who love to find and keep. Hoping to find something, every now and then.
Posted By: P3 Navy 4ever Re: New kid on the block - Thu Apr 16 2020 05:16 PM
The stop sign was my first purchase. I came across the Texaco sign and I was simply DRAWN to it. It called my name. Its as if I couldn't help myself. I will not be making purchases like the Texaco sign very often, and most likely it would be most likely on a rare occasion. I picked up the Highway 50 sign, its from the 70's, only because I live off the 50 AND its part of the original route of the Lincoln Hwy. Thank you for the welcome!
Posted By: Bill jr Re: New kid on the block - Thu Apr 16 2020 06:32 PM
Welcome to OLDGAS
Bill
Posted By: RedHat Re: New kid on the block - Thu Apr 16 2020 08:37 PM
Welcome! Looks like a great start šŸ‘
Posted By: Tankar Re: New kid on the block - Thu Apr 16 2020 09:55 PM
Welcome. Always liked that sign. Mid teens most I believe are single sided. 3 versions I think
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: New kid on the block - Fri Apr 17 2020 12:45 AM
Welcome to OldGas!
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: New kid on the block - Sat Apr 18 2020 01:51 AM
Welcome to the site. I rode a lot of the Lincoln Highway over different road trips. Love the old roads, try to stay off the interstate when I'm on two wheels.
Posted By: Skydog Re: New kid on the block - Sat Apr 18 2020 02:09 PM
Greetings from Nebraska.

Greg
Posted By: Lavorn Re: New kid on the block - Sun Apr 19 2020 09:07 PM
Where are u in NE? U collect big signs? Iā€™m always hunting more and going thru NE to pick up a load in Iowa.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk