Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Junk Not quite a new member.... - Tue Apr 26 2022 03:08 AM
I joined a very long time ago, in 2011, but as sometimes happens, life catches up with you and you run out of time to do everything that you want to do in life. Now that I am retired, it is time to get back to those things that were put on the back burner for a while. I have a collection of oil filters, but not just any oil filter will do. The filters that I collect only fit one model of one brand of car. I collect only Corvair oil filters since they are unique to only the Corvair. I purchased my first Corvair in 1963, and have owned at least one on and off ever since. I have been going to automotive swap meets for decades, and whenever I saw a Corvair oil filter, I would purchase it to use on my Corvair. Sometime around 1990, I realized that I had a sizable amount of oil filters from many different brands. I started to sort through them by brand and came to realize that so many of them were brands that I had never heard of before. One thing leads to another, and today I have over 200 variations of so many brands that I have lost track of them. I, along with the help of my father-in-law who was a cabinet maker made wooden display boxes for the filters, and at that time, I thought that the 4 boxes holding 25 filters to each box would be enough. Last year, a friend made me another 4 boxes to hold another 100 filters, and I am not certain that will be enough. I know that there are many gas station brands that I have yet to find, and I am hoping that someone here will be able to assist me in my quest to keep the collection growing. Thanks Junk

Attached picture Fortune FR-14 2.jpg
Attached picture Autolite FL-8 1.jpg
Attached picture Imperial.jpg
Attached picture Lee_1.jpg
Posted By: advertologist Re: Not quite a new member.... - Tue Apr 26 2022 06:06 AM
welcome back aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Not quite a new member.... - Tue Apr 26 2022 01:21 PM
Welcome (back) to Oldgas.
Posted By: Tankar Re: Not quite a new member.... - Tue Apr 26 2022 10:17 PM
Welcome back
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: Not quite a new member.... - Thu Apr 28 2022 01:51 AM
I was at an auction last month of Corvair only parts in North Jersey put on by the Corvair club, saw some there. I'll keep you in mind if I find anything interesting.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk