Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Hawkestone Newbie from the metropolis of Midhurst CAN - Fri Sep 16 2011 07:28 PM
Hi everyone,

Coming from a lifetime of automotive related exposure (my father ran a Texaco station for 26 years)I've always had an interest in all things Petroliana. Due to some significant life changes recently (aquired more space in the form of an old service station from the sixties)I recently started collecting gas pumps, now up to 3 including my Erie 753 and will be trying to refurbish some additional ones for display out front. Starting on some big shop renos in October so I want to included a before pic and will be sure to send in the after pic once complete. Look forward to the shop talk and hope to get some of my many pump related questions answered!
Mike

Attached picture BEFORE PIC 1.JPG
Attached picture Erie 753.jpg
Attached picture Erie 753 #2.jpg
Posted By: JimT Re: Newbie from the metropolis of Midhurst CAN - Fri Sep 16 2011 09:52 PM
Welcome . That a great looking place youve got there. Nice pump too. Lets maybe see a better photo of it, showing the entire pump.
Posted By: Hawkestone Re: Newbie from the metropolis of Midhurst CAN - Fri Sep 16 2011 10:33 PM
Thanks Jim, I've added the closest I had to a full view. I'll have to pull out the camera again.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Newbie from the metropolis of Midhurst CAN - Fri Sep 16 2011 10:39 PM
Welcome, Mike!
You've come to the right place. We'll enjoy seeing your station & stuff. And we'll try to help answer your questions. Lots of us dream about having an old gas station building to display our collection in a realistic retro setting. cool
Posted By: Hawkestone Re: Newbie from the metropolis of Midhurst CAN - Fri Sep 16 2011 11:07 PM
Thank you Jim.
I was one of those dreamers and feel blessed that mine has become a reality. Looking forward to the shop talk and getting to know as many members as possible!

Mike
Posted By: Don Beaver Re: Newbie from the metropolis of Midhurst CAN - Sat Sep 17 2011 04:11 AM
Mike, welcome to old gas like the shop and pump post more pictures when you can
Posted By: Hawkestone Re: Newbie from the metropolis of Midhurst CAN - Sat Sep 17 2011 01:06 PM
Thanks Don, Been on your site many times in the past trying to familiarize myself on the who's who in the world of Petroliana. Great job on the site. Sure wish I lived closer to the Triple X Drive In!!

Mike
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Newbie from the metropolis of Midhurst CAN - Tue Sep 20 2011 08:33 PM
Welcome to Oldgas.
Posted By: Don Beaver Re: Newbie from the metropolis of Midhurst CAN - Wed Sep 21 2011 01:27 AM
Mike if you ever get out this way feel free to let me know and I will show you around including a trip to the Triple X Don
Posted By: Hawkestone Re: Newbie from the metropolis of Midhurst CAN - Wed Sep 21 2011 11:53 PM
Thanks Don, The Triple X is now officially on my list of things to see! One day I will take you up on that offer.

Mike
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk