Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Jolly-John Exide 12-volt Battery Flange Sign - Thu Jan 28 2016 02:05 AM
This original Exide 12-volt Battery sign had the flange partially flattened years ago. The paint and graphics on one side are very presentable.

Somewhere along the way, the reverse side got spray painted silver and orange. I have not attempted to remove any of this paint. I can see the original graphics under this added paint, so they are there. Sold "as-is".

I guarantee this sign is an original. Measures 13-1/4" by 14". The price is $250, plus shipping. Thanks for looking. John

Attached picture aes1DSC00013.jpg
Attached picture aes2DSC00015.jpg
Attached picture aes4DSC00016.jpg
Attached picture aes5DSC00027.jpg
Posted By: advertologist Re: Exide 12-volt Battery Flange Sign - Thu Jan 28 2016 02:53 AM
IMO- priced right & too sell, worst scenario- bend the flange back & hang it in the corner.. ... cool
Posted By: 63shelby Re: Exide 12-volt Battery Flange Sign - Thu Jan 28 2016 03:06 AM
Not my "brand" so know very little about this sign...Is it painted or porcelain ?
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: Exide 12-volt Battery Flange Sign - Thu Jan 28 2016 03:07 AM
Hi, Randy. Thank you for the comment. You've echoed my feelings exactly (although I initially didn't want to state them in the ad). If the spray paint comes off the back...wow, did a guy get a deal for taking a bit of a gamble. If not, it is still a good-looking sign, displayed as you suggested. I appreciate you taking the time to post. John

And Pete, in answer to your question: This is a painted, heavy tin sign.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk