Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: johninlongview Standard Gas? hanging sign - Thu Sep 04 2014 12:20 PM
bought this on ebay and decided not to use it.
$60 plus shipping with insurance
sign shows wear and rust / still a cool sign

Posted By: Notchcad Re: Standard Gas? hanging sign - Thu Sep 04 2014 12:27 PM
Read the sign a few times and decided to take its advice huh!
Posted By: johninlongview Re: Standard Gas? hanging sign - Thu Sep 04 2014 12:28 PM
LOL !! you need this sign! I'll even ship it to you for $5
Posted By: Notchcad Re: Standard Gas? hanging sign - Thu Sep 04 2014 12:30 PM
Man I would but I can't read his hat! That would haunt me for the rest of my life
Posted By: Notchcad Re: Standard Gas? hanging sign - Thu Sep 04 2014 12:32 PM
That sign is like buying a pizza with "eat fat free" on the box!
Posted By: johninlongview Re: Standard Gas? hanging sign - Thu Sep 04 2014 12:36 PM
I've tried to google it, but no success. It might read "Sucker!"
Posted By: Keystone Gas Man Re: Standard Gas? hanging sign - Thu Sep 04 2014 01:01 PM
Its got that "made in India" feel to it.
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Standard Gas? hanging sign - Thu Sep 04 2014 02:39 PM
I have a more complete set (don't know what's missing for extra signs-"coffee" etc)
Didn't generate much action when I posted it last year.

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=72745&Number=449573#Post449573

Certainly not made in India!
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Standard Gas? hanging sign - Thu Sep 04 2014 03:26 PM
Dave its goobley gook so it could be standard/amaco/ panam.
Whatever company you wanted it to be. You would be seeing it from the road at 30+mph and you'd mentally fill in the company that is selling whatever is displayed below. That's my take on it.
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: Standard Gas? hanging sign - Thu Sep 04 2014 05:41 PM
'cmon, can't you guys read that? It says "HDNIDHINU"! Am I the only one on here that can read "goobley gook"???? wink
Posted By: Notchcad Re: Standard Gas? hanging sign - Thu Sep 04 2014 08:02 PM
You can turn your strobe light on different patterns and depending on what you smoke that night it reads the different brands. They were made during Woodstock and were used widely around that area for a few years. Very psychedelic!
Posted By: johninlongview Re: Standard Gas? hanging sign - Thu Sep 04 2014 09:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe
"goobley gook"???? wink

where have I heard that word "goobley gook" before???? LOL

Price drop!!!! FIRE SALE!!! $50 plus shipping
Posted By: GILMORE Re: Standard Gas? hanging sign - Thu Sep 04 2014 10:17 PM
I've never heard/figured out what that read...(?)

Attached picture Untitled-N.jpg
Posted By: johninlongview Re: Standard Gas? hanging sign - Thu Sep 04 2014 10:29 PM
This is about the time that DB would chime in or send a PM and tell us what it means..... I never talked to him in person, but I miss his presence on this site!!!!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk