Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: BryceG Tidewater Porcelain Pump Plate - Wed Sep 28 2016 02:45 PM
Very close to mint porcelain pump plate from Tidewater Oil Service.

I believe this would be the matching pump plate to the graphic Tiwoser gas globe.

$550

Attached picture tidewater_ppp.jpg
Attached picture tiwoser-globe.jpg
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Tidewater Porcelain Pump Plate - Wed Sep 28 2016 05:01 PM
...same company, but later than the globe; my understanding is that the sign is from after they became a Pure jobber...
Posted By: BryceG Re: Tidewater Porcelain Pump Plate - Wed Sep 28 2016 06:24 PM
i thought about that... but would the pump plate still state TideWater Oil Service with the Tidewater Premium brand if they were already a Pure jobber?
Posted By: TheGriffin Re: Tidewater Porcelain Pump Plate - Wed Sep 28 2016 08:45 PM
They could have still been selling their unbranded premium (if it was a good seller or well known in that market) along with Pure branded fuels. Some of the times you would have the main pumps dispensing the major brand and a local unbranded pump to the side. But that's just a guess
Posted By: TheGriffin Re: Tidewater Porcelain Pump Plate - Wed Sep 28 2016 08:49 PM
And they still probably would have been Tidewater Oil Service even if they were a Pure jobber at the time.
Posted By: BryceG Re: Tidewater Porcelain Pump Plate - Mon Nov 21 2016 07:31 PM
price drop... $450
Posted By: mancave1 Re: Tidewater Porcelain Pump Plate - Mon Nov 21 2016 09:19 PM
I have the regular plate, which is red, with the Philpotts name.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk