Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Paul Bell M&S 80, Wayne 80 Repro Site Glasses, Price Drop!!! - Tue May 07 2019 10:52 PM
Price drop on my reproduction site glasses for Wayne and M&S 80. Selling for $50 a pair plus $7 shipping.

These are made out of clear Urethane plastic, formulated to simulate glass. Molded from an original site glass, near exact replica. Private message me if you need some.

Here's some pictures:

Attached picture 1-copy.jpg
Attached picture 2-copy.jpg
I like them I need to check my pumps out.
Last batch out of the oven...

Attached picture tray of.JPG
...your 'glasses' really do look just like the glass ones in the photos...can you tell us more about the Urethane plastic you're using - specifically, is it engineered not to darken or turn yellow over time?

...I don't know beans about plastic, other than you can make plastic from soybeans 😃 I just wondered, as I've seen UV rays ruin plastic over time - even UV from fluorescent lighting...I looked around online to try and answer the question myself, but couldn't find a definitive answer amongst all the clickbait and pages about polyurethane varnish 😕

...thanks in advance for your reply...they do look good!
Mark, thanks for the kind words! The degradation of plastics is interesting subject. Some of clear plastics I use at work are tinted blue so that as they turn yellow/brown you wont really notice, at least not for a while. The urethane I'm using for the site glasses is pretty much top of the line stuff "water clear", meant to simulate glass and formulated for outdoor use. Same as the repro Erie tops and Shoebox globes I make. It's UV resistant and not cheap unfortunately, I doubt I'll make more. I played around with other materials, epoxy, acrylic, but this one seemed to work best and I was confident it would hold up well. I've been using this plastic for about four years now without any noticeable discoloration. Indoors I wouldnt worry about the fluorescent lights, really not a big deal.
Received the site glasses today. They look and fit great. Thanks
Glad you like them! Thanks!
Posted By: rahz28 Re: M&S 80, Wayne 80 Repro Site Glasses, Price Drop!!! - Sat Jul 20 2019 05:00 AM
Greetings, I am restoring a Wayne 80 Mobilgas pump and would like a pair of the site glasses if you have any left?? Thanks! Rich H.
Hi Rich, I sent you a private message. I do have site glasses.
Site glasses are available!
Parts available if you need them!
Have available if someone needs these!
Have available stock if anyone needs some!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk