Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Paul Bell Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Tue Sep 10 2019 08:06 PM
I have the following “seconds” for sale for repro Erie and Shoebox bodies. The top have minor defects that don’t really take away from the top in my opinion. We do have some normal production shoebox bodies left if anyone is needing one ($350), but down to a few. I have one set of each of the four shoebox lenses we carry if you are looking for a complete shoebox globe with a standard body. We’re out of Erie tops other than these “seconds”.

If you are unfamiliar, these tops are exact replicas made from glass simulating cast urethane.

Please see the following six posts… (in this listing!)
Posted By: Old Racer Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Tue Sep 10 2019 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Paul Bell
I have the following “seconds” for sale for repro Erie and Shoebox bodies. The top have minor defects that don’t really take away from the top in my opinion. We do have some normal production shoebox bodies left if anyone is needing one ($350), but down to a few. I have one set of each of the four shoebox lenses we carry if you are looking for a complete shoebox globe with a standard body. We’re out of Erie tops other than these “seconds”.

If you are unfamiliar, these tops are exact replicas made from glass simulating cast urethane.

Please see the following six posts…

Paul you mean, "made from cast urethane, simulating glass?.
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Tue Sep 10 2019 08:45 PM
ERIE #1
Has a hole on one side on the underside where site glass goes and some grey spots there. Please see pictures. Black base NFS. $215 shipped to you.

Attached picture 1.JPG
Attached picture 2a.JPG
Attached picture 3.JPG
Attached picture 4.JPG
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Tue Sep 10 2019 08:47 PM
ERIE #2
Has a hole on one side on the underside where site glass goes. Please see pictures. Nice top. Black base is NFS. $215 shipped to you.

Attached picture 4.JPG
Attached picture 3.JPG
Attached picture 2.JPG
Attached picture 1.JPG
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Tue Sep 10 2019 08:48 PM
SHOEBOX LENSES (REPRO)
$125 plus shipping for two green flying Tydol or two red/black Tydol shoebox lenses. I have two sets of each. I also have one extra single green flying Tydol if anyone is interested in that.

Attached picture 1.JPG
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Tue Sep 10 2019 08:50 PM
SHOEBOX #1

I have a shoe box body that has a crack in it under the lens area. This is $215 shipped to you. Really nice top except for this crack. In order to see it, I needed to move it with my hand. Crack will not propagate.

Attached picture IMG_3571.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3568.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3576.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3579.JPG
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Tue Sep 10 2019 08:53 PM
SHOEBOX #2

Have one with little grey spots under where the lenses go except there are some spots visible under the lip area on one side. That one is $205 shipped to you.

Attached picture IMG_3594.JPG
Attached picture 1.JPG
Attached picture 2.JPG
Attached picture 3.JPG
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Tue Sep 10 2019 08:54 PM
SHOEBOX #3

For sale for $190 including shipping in USA. Has a hole on the lip area on one side. Also has grey spots mostly under the lens except for in inner lip area near lens. Please see pictures. Very nice sides and top areas, glossy. Lenses not included but to show what is covered.

Attached picture IMG_3566.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3565.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3552.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3560.JPG
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Tue Sep 10 2019 08:57 PM
That's it thanks. Hey John, yes its cast urethane but just made special for simulating glass if that makes sense! In other words, stupidly expensive material.
Posted By: 56 Nomad Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Tue Sep 10 2019 10:18 PM
Hi Paul. I PM’d you on the shoebox holder and lens.

Mitch
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Tue Sep 10 2019 11:59 PM
A single green tydol lens, a pair of green tydol lenses (one set of those left), and shoe box #1 sold pending payment.
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Wed Sep 11 2019 02:15 AM
Shoebox #3 sold pending payment.
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Wed Sep 11 2019 03:15 AM
Shoebox #2 sold pending payment.
Posted By: coltex Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Wed Sep 11 2019 12:59 PM
PM sent. thx.
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Wed Sep 11 2019 06:13 PM
Erie #2 is sold pending payment.
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Thu Sep 12 2019 02:50 AM
Erie 1, one green tydol lens set, and two red/black tydol lens sets available.
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Fri Sep 13 2019 12:43 AM
All "second" erie and shoebox tops are sold pending payment, still have shoebox lenses and normal production bodies.
Posted By: G & B T-179 Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Tue Sep 24 2019 02:12 PM
hello I'm interested in the flying a green lenses and if you have a holder left that also. my email is 69vettconv@gmail.com thanks, Kevin
Posted By: Chad Diviney Re: Deals on Erie and Shoebox tops, and Lenses! - Fri Sep 27 2019 03:40 AM
I would be interested in purchasing both an Erie top with minor blemish and a shoebox globe body (without lenses) with minor blemish. Do you have one of each still available?
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk