Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: ironheadtom Can anyone tell me about this Shell sign please - Sun Apr 19 2020 12:52 PM
Good morning folks. Haven't been on here for a while. Since I've moved to Kentucky I've been struggling to really understand the petroliana market here. Pricing is through the roof , and it seems most of it is not selling so I really don't get it. That being said, I've just decided to stay away from it for the most part. Anyway, a local gentleman has this and doesn't know anything about it. In my mind it's fantasy or repop or whatever, but I don't seem to be able to find another one to compare it too. Says it's 6" x 24". I can't get a pic of the back right now. I'm pretty sure a lot of you guys will know what it is at a glance anyway. Thanks in advance for any help. ( I'll add that this is a screenshot off his ad. He has been to my house before and I believe he's an honest guy, I know a lot of guys cover their butts by saying they don't know anything about it when trying to peddle junk, but I don't believe this is the case here)

Attached picture Resized_Screenshot_20200419-082835_Facebook.jpeg
Posted By: Tankar Re: Can anyone tell me about this Shell sign please - Sun Apr 19 2020 01:48 PM
To me, I would leave it where it is.
Posted By: hawkike Re: Can anyone tell me about this Shell sign please - Sun Apr 19 2020 02:22 PM
I think it is a fantasy sign--my opinion only.
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Can anyone tell me about this Shell sign please - Sun Apr 19 2020 02:28 PM
Looks like junk to me...
Darin
Thanks. I never felt like it was something I wanted to buy. Usually when I suspect something's fake, I check Ebay and there's bunches for sale. This time I didn't see any so it got me curious. I hope you guys are all doing ok in these insane times. Maybe we can get back to somewhat normal soon. Thanks again, Tom
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk