Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Steven C. You found that sign where?? - Tue Oct 27 2015 12:25 PM
Over the weekend I drove up to Flint, Mi. to pick up an item I won in an auction. I knew there had been a Gargoyle flange sign also sold in the auction so I asked if I could just see it. The guy said, according to the seller, it was drug up from the bottom of the St Clair River. If you know how big that river is, you'll understand that its one in a million that this piece is back in circulation.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.a...-Sign-15.5-X-24
Posted By: Done4 Re: You found that sign where?? - Tue Oct 27 2015 12:34 PM
Pretty cool story, I was told that around here six foot signs were used on river banks to prevent erosion. Would love to know where those rivers are. Les
Posted By: TheGriffin Re: You found that sign where?? - Tue Oct 27 2015 03:50 PM
Last year I pulled up 7 of the big oval Spur signs that were being used as a sea wall for a small creek in a guys back yard..... Sometimes it's just amazing where it crops up!
Posted By: pickurt Re: You found that sign where?? - Tue Oct 27 2015 05:57 PM
Amazing story.

Posted By: rustynuts Re: You found that sign where?? - Tue Oct 27 2015 11:02 PM
I had some luck in the spring of this year. A dam was open down stream. Def was not the St Clair River tho...just imagine whats in that water. Never know when or where...only gets found once & it wont be back next season.

Attached picture shellresize2.jpg
Attached picture shellresize1.jpg
Posted By: Steven C. Re: You found that sign where?? - Tue Oct 27 2015 11:23 PM
Wow! Now that's incredible!! That would have been there forever!
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: You found that sign where?? - Wed Oct 28 2015 11:21 AM
Wowsers....nice Shell sign! smile

I guess I better start using my metal detector to find things other than coins and smalls!
Darin
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk