Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: eric grinder Aqua Systems 800T Tydol Pump New Discovery? - Sat Apr 16 2016 10:07 PM
Hey all, I wanted to share a few images of this pump I was able to finally get my hands on. I first saw this pump over a year ago. I knew this pump was special the minute I laid eyes on it..but I assumed it was a Wayne 60T at first glance. It wasnt for sale the first time I saw it so I put it out of my mind. I asked the owner if he decided to part with it let me be first shot and he agreed. Well fast forward about a year and I did some other deals with this gentlemen and I brought up the pump. He agreed to do some trading for it but we'd get to it sooner or later..OH THE PAIN!

Well once I knew there may be a chance at owning it I went in for a closer look. It in fact was not a Wayne 60T but the ID tag said Aqua 8?0T. I couldnt for the life of me fully make it out in the dark with just my cell phone screen as a flashlight. It was in a very dark corner of a barn with no electricity. But it was surely no Wayne. It also didnt help that is was partially taken apart, had the wrong faces on it and I couldnt find any other markings anywhere at the time. Well for a few months I discussed it with a few fellow OG's and was able to come to a conclusion that this pump was most likely a new discovery that hadn't been noted to date.

Well as exciting as that was I still had to get my hands on it. After a few months I was able to strike a deal and it came home. Well once I got it home into the light I cleaned up the ID tag and could now clearly see it read 800T on the ID tag! Very cool but I was staring at a pump that had a few wrong pieces on it, no faces and a simply awful incorrect paint color for Tydol. A previous owner unfortunately decided to gut and restore it and did a not so great job. Well once it was painted in the wrong colors I had no choice but to bring it back to it's original Tydol life with my first attempt at a rustoration. I have some finishing touched to do to give it some more patina but it's a start. I want to thank a few members of OG for all the help through the months trying to figure this mystery out. A big thank you to Jack Sim, Bob Richards and Matt Alvarez for the countless emails back and forth helping solve the case.

Attached picture tydol3.jpg
Attached picture tydol4.jpg
Posted By: dundign Re: Aqua Systems 800T Tydol Pump New Discovery? - Sat Apr 16 2016 10:12 PM
Very nice find congrats ..Tom
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Aqua Systems 800T Tydol Pump New Discovery? - Sat Apr 16 2016 10:29 PM
Sweet pump! Congratulations!
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Aqua Systems 800T Tydol Pump New Discovery? - Sat Apr 16 2016 10:30 PM
Eric looks great! But, about that shoebox.... LOL
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Aqua Systems 800T Tydol Pump New Discovery? - Sat Apr 16 2016 10:38 PM
That's a rustoration? I would love to see your over the top stuff. Looks great. Nice find.
Posted By: eric grinder Re: Aqua Systems 800T Tydol Pump New Discovery? - Sat Apr 16 2016 10:51 PM
I know Bob shame on me. I'm working on the correct lenses for the scheme.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Aqua Systems 800T Tydol Pump New Discovery? - Sat Apr 16 2016 11:00 PM
Eric, I know you are; I just had to be a smarta$$...

The Pump does look great and I see you "found" the correct Tydol "Orange" color for it...

You have done a terrific job on the Aqua, IMO!
Posted By: pickurt Re: Aqua Systems 800T Tydol Pump New Discovery? - Sat Apr 16 2016 11:00 PM
Looks great.

Kurt
Posted By: BlkAngus Re: Aqua Systems 800T Tydol Pump New Discovery? - Sat Apr 16 2016 11:47 PM
One fine pump!!!!
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Aqua Systems 800T Tydol Pump New Discovery? - Sat Apr 16 2016 11:54 PM
It looks much better in orange and black than it did in the incorrect green and white it was in before. Awesome pump.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk