Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Bass Master First visible - Wed Feb 22 2017 07:15 PM
Finally after about 10 years of going back once a year to this farmers house, I was finally able to purchase my first visible, goes to show persistence pays off. Over the last 10 years I have been able to buy 3 pumps and a Coke cooler from this farmer, but he was always going to restore this pump back to what it was on the old family homestead (Purol Pep), and it was never for sale. Last year I finally got a maybe, and he took my phone number down in case something happened to him his wife would be able to get ahold of me to make a sale. I stopped by yesterday to talk to him, and found out he had a stroke last year after I was there, and he realized he probably will never get around to restoring the pump, so we finally made the sale today. smile Brian

Attached picture 20170222_125637.jpg
Attached picture 20170222_125645.jpg
Posted By: BrianH Re: First visible - Wed Feb 22 2017 07:20 PM
Glad you were able to acquire the pump but sorry to hear that it took a serious health issue to bring about the sale. Hope the old farmer is doing ok.

BrianH
Posted By: Done4 Re: First visible - Wed Feb 22 2017 07:40 PM
If it were me and if you're going to leave it outside I would put some clear satin on the skins to protect that cool decal. Really nice pump and sorry it took an illness for you to get it.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: First visible - Wed Feb 22 2017 09:08 PM
Like the others, sorry about the man's illness!!
But wow, great pump in nice original condition. Love the decal!
Congrats!!!
Posted By: Bass Master Re: First visible - Wed Feb 22 2017 09:54 PM
Thanks all for the replies!! The farmer is in his mid 80s and is doing quite well, other than a little slurred speech, he is still mobile. I don't think he really wanted to restore the pump, I think he just enjoyed me coming over and talking about the old days and history of the area, every time I went there we would talk for 1 to 2 hours, he is going to look for a photo of the pump on the old homestead from the 30s so I can make a copy of it. Les, the pump will be staying inside, I just took the picture of it outside.I will have questions for you guys in future as it seems some things are missing. Thanks again, Brian
Posted By: JimT Re: First visible - Wed Feb 22 2017 10:37 PM
Nice score Brian. Your patience and persistence paid off!
Posted By: Yellow57 Re: First visible - Wed Feb 22 2017 10:54 PM
Good score !! Glad all is well
Posted By: Done4 Re: First visible - Wed Feb 22 2017 11:19 PM
Glad to hear the big guy is going inside. Too cool to have ma nature beat it up. Good on you Brain.
Posted By: Koby Re: First visible - Thu Feb 23 2017 03:03 PM
Congratulations Brian! This is what collecting is all about: the thrill of the hunt and the wonderful people you meet along the way!
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: First visible - Mon Feb 27 2017 03:53 AM
Awesome pump!!
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: First visible - Tue Feb 28 2017 01:32 AM
I am glad you got the pump but I feel sorry for the farmer. Maybe since he enjoyed talking with you you could drop in once in a while and chat with him.

The pump looks great!
Rob
Posted By: ironheadtom Re: First visible - Tue Feb 28 2017 01:40 AM
That is a good looking pump
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk