Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Rabbitman My Tydol Ethyl globe family..... - Fri Apr 14 2017 08:40 PM
I finally found a banded body for my single Tydol Ethly insert I've had forever. It has a big chip in the base but still stands and looks good for display. In my quest for a single insert to match my original wide glass body globe, I have managed to find single lenses for all three styles of bodies, Gil, banded, and wide glass. So, I thought I would mount them all up in their correct bodies and build a shelf for the set. All three of these inserts have suttle differences. All three of the Ethyl logos are slightly different in overall size as well as some font differences between them. At first glance they all look the same but like many of the companies that made a certain style for several years, the vendors that made these probably did their own layouts so the prints weren't as exact as they would be nowdays with computer generated graphics. I have advertised and begged for a long time trying to find singles to complete these three to no avail. But, patience is the name of the game in this hobby and I have faith that I will find them sooner or later. If anybody out there has one they'd like to see matched back up with it's sibling let me know.....GB

Attached picture IMG_1081.JPG
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: My Tydol Ethyl globe family..... - Fri Apr 14 2017 10:18 PM
They look great, Gary! I look forward to seeing them mounted on "their shelf"!
Posted By: TheGriffin Re: My Tydol Ethyl globe family..... - Fri Apr 14 2017 10:27 PM
Keep up the hunt! It was also good to see you the other day.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: My Tydol Ethyl globe family..... - Fri Apr 14 2017 11:34 PM
Lookin good!!
Posted By: mcgas Re: My Tydol Ethyl globe family..... - Sat Apr 15 2017 02:31 AM
Nice triplets! These subtle differences make this hobby fun.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My Tydol Ethyl globe family..... - Sat Apr 15 2017 03:18 AM
Your diligence has paid off...nice collection.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: My Tydol Ethyl globe family..... - Sat Apr 15 2017 12:21 PM
Very nice trio!!! I've always like the Tydol globes!

Awesome toolbox/bench by the way!!!
Posted By: Derbygasman Re: My Tydol Ethyl globe family..... - Sat Apr 15 2017 12:59 PM
Looking good Gary!
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: My Tydol Ethyl globe family..... - Sat Apr 15 2017 09:31 PM
Looks good!
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: My Tydol Ethyl globe family..... - Sun Apr 16 2017 12:05 AM
...there's one more, for 13.5" glass, with an 'Ethyl Corporation' logo...

...just found a lens I needed to complete a globe, that I've tried to complete for 15+ years...they're out there...
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: My Tydol Ethyl globe family..... - Sun Apr 16 2017 02:22 AM
Originally Posted By gulfiend!
...there's one more, for 13.5" glass, with an 'Ethyl Corporation' logo...

...just found a lens I needed to complete a globe, that I've tried to complete for 15+ years...they're out there...

I'll probably find the fourth single before I find another match to these! Not sure I have 15 more years in me to find them.....
Posted By: pickurt Re: My Tydol Ethyl globe family..... - Sun Apr 16 2017 02:33 PM
Looks great and best of luck with your quest.