Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Bob Richards Pyroil and Dri-Powr Display - Sat Sep 23 2017 11:15 PM
In the last couple of months, since I stumbled upon an image of a 1930s Pyroil Gas Station that operated for a period of time, in the Los Angeles area. I have been working to make myself a display of "early" Pyroil Additive items. (circa 1932-1950s) (photo of that Station is above the lower shelf cans)

I sold all of my early Whiz Automotive Product tins and used the room (and money) to put together this Pyroil Display...

During this time, I found myself with an empty shelf. So a Dri-Powr display was put together, at the same time. Thanks to Kirby (DaysPast); the last Dri-Powr tin found its spot in the display, today...

I "dream" of someday, adding one more Pyroil Can to the display; a Pyroil B Aviation can. A Pyroil A Aviation can was added to the display, this week...

But, isn't it; the "hunt" what keeps us interested?
Posted By: pumpingethyl Re: Pyroil and Dri-Powr Display - Sat Sep 23 2017 11:27 PM
Nice display Bob, I have this 1 quart can that would go well with your display...$65 shipped if you are interested

Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Pyroil and Dri-Powr Display - Sat Sep 23 2017 11:55 PM
Nice. I have always liked Pyroils cans they have a nice art deco look to them. I would imagine the Aviation ones are difficult to get.
Posted By: DaysPast Re: Pyroil and Dri-Powr Display - Sun Sep 24 2017 12:32 AM
Very cool display, Bob! Thanks for posting those pics.

And I agree with you. It is the hunt that keeps us interested and makes this hobby so enjoyable.
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Pyroil and Dri-Powr Display - Sun Sep 24 2017 01:50 AM
Nice display Bob. You sure did a good job of putting all that together in just a couple of months!...GB
Posted By: Done4 Re: Pyroil and Dri-Powr Display - Sun Sep 24 2017 02:12 PM
Great job Bob, looks great! How long did it take you to collect all of these for your display?
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Pyroil and Dri-Powr Display - Sun Sep 24 2017 02:38 PM
Les, I had a Pyroil P oiler. The rest, I've gathered since the middle of July..
Posted By: Done4 Re: Pyroil and Dri-Powr Display - Sun Sep 24 2017 03:48 PM
Yikes, you have been a busy boy!
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Pyroil and Dri-Powr Display - Sun Sep 24 2017 11:50 PM
Very cool!
Posted By: advertologist Re: Pyroil and Dri-Powr Display - Mon Sep 25 2017 12:53 AM
Bob, this might be one you could use .. ... cool

Attached picture IMG_2849[1].JPG
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: Pyroil and Dri-Powr Display - Mon Sep 25 2017 12:42 PM
Hey Bob you did a awesome job gathering these items in a short amount of time...love the display !!!! Alan
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Pyroil and Dri-Powr Display - Wed Nov 22 2017 07:19 PM
Thought I would show the updated version of the Pyroil Display... I do believe that I am about finished with it... (still need a "square" 3oz. Pyroil A bottle, but maybe in the future)

Posted By: ironheadtom Re: Pyroil and Dri-Powr Display - Wed Nov 22 2017 07:34 PM
Very nice Bob!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk