Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: oil stuff Collectable of the month - April - Sat Apr 12 2008 12:39 PM
Ok guy's it's my turn, but first i would like to thank all the past volunteers. Don,Jim,Chuck,Curt,Bill,Dave,Mick,Kevin THANKS and GREAT JOB. This month i'm doing small misc. or additive cans. Try not to post any banks or squirt cans i would like to save those for another day. I will start posting pics later tonight so if anybody has some to start lets get it on !
Posted By: hotrod468 Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sat Apr 12 2008 02:29 PM
Here are some of my "additives"... Let me know if this is not what you are looking for.

Here's my Casite...

Posted By: hotrod468 Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sat Apr 12 2008 02:31 PM
Here are some of my Bardahl products...

Posted By: hotrod468 Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sat Apr 12 2008 02:34 PM
Here are some of my Dri Powr products...

Here are some of my Marvel products...

Here are some of my Rislone products...

Posted By: hotrod468 Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sat Apr 12 2008 02:37 PM
Here are some of my STP products...

Here are some of my Alemite products...

Posted By: hotrod468 Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sat Apr 12 2008 02:40 PM
Here are some of my Motor Rythm products...

Here are some of my Wynn's products...

Here are some of my Sinclair products...

Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sat Apr 12 2008 07:03 PM
HOT ROD, YOU ARE THE KING OF ADDITIVE DISPLAY RACKS!

THAT IS SOME AWESOME VERY CLEAN STUFF! THANKS FOR MAKING MY DAY!

~DOC
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sat Apr 12 2008 09:00 PM
Man I second that Doc. Nice collection
Posted By: 5 quart Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sat Apr 12 2008 09:47 PM
Great Hotrod- I have never seen such a collection- all great shape- no junk-Are the STP from Studebaker CO or are they newer?? thanks Don

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans
Posted By: souperhigh Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sat Apr 12 2008 11:33 PM
Awesome collection
Posted By: oil stuff Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sat Apr 12 2008 11:35 PM
Hotrod468 thats exactly what i'm lookn for! Man that's some sweet stuff, heres some of my stuff.

[This message has been edited by oil stuff (edited 04-12-2008).]

Posted By: oil stuff Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sat Apr 12 2008 11:55 PM

Posted By: hotrod468 Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sun Apr 13 2008 12:14 AM
I've been collecting for about a year now... Over 1,000 purchases on Ebay in one year. I religously checked ebay every day looking for these products.

I am in the process of clearing out my 50'x60' shop at my house. I am heating and cooling a 50'x40' area of the shop. I am constructing a full-scale 1950's-1960's Sinclair gas station in it. It will have two service bays with a 4-post car lift, a retail sales area, and an owner's office.

I started out wanting a few Sinclair oil display racks and a couple of "additives" racks for the station. I started with a Bardahl rack and a STP rack. Well, the more I learned about the cool artwork and products sold during that era the more I wanted... I now have 26 display racks!!! The ones pictured above are the ones I had staged in my garage and shot some pictures for one of my ebay buddies to show him my progress.

I have everything packed away waiting on my construction this summer. I have purchased many cans since these pictures to fill them out properly. I have all the display rack sign toppers (Wynn's, Bardahl, etc.). They are just packed away right now.
Posted By: hotrod468 Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sun Apr 13 2008 12:18 AM
I am truly amazed how many cans I was able to find full and in great shape. At first I was so excited to see what I was looking for that I purchased whatever came along. I have learned a lot (from my own mistakes and over-zealousness) and only purchase what is in REALLY good shape. I just slowed down and became more patient. I would say that 90% of my cans are full.
Posted By: oil stuff Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sun Apr 13 2008 12:24 AM

Here's a racer's edge stp can.
Posted By: hotrod468 Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sun Apr 13 2008 01:07 AM
Here's a cool little rack for gas anti-freeze I purchased from Canada...

[This message has been edited by hotrod468 (edited 04-12-2008).]

[This message has been edited by hotrod468 (edited 04-21-2008).]
Posted By: hotrod468 Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sun Apr 13 2008 01:58 AM
Hey Don,

The STP Oil Treatment cans shown are some of the first cans purchased when I started collecting additives last year. They have the cardboard composite bodies on them. Since then I have learned a lot more about the products and their "generations" of cans. To fit in better with the era that I am shooting for I will eventually swap them out with metal cans. The reason I haven't already changed them is because of the relative ease of finding these STP products. I have been concentrating now on the products that are harder to come by...
Posted By: hotrod468 Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sun Apr 13 2008 02:04 AM
Here is one of the more recent Wynn's purchases I have made to help fill out my display rack with the correct era of cans...

Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Collectable of the month - April - Mon Apr 14 2008 07:00 PM
I hope that these are the types of items to post on this COTM. I haven't seen Pegasus on here yet, so I thought I better represent my favorite company! Just wouldn't be complete without the Flying Red Horse! Sorry if the photo is a bit fuzzy...I think it's time for a new camera.
Darin

Posted By: hawkike Re: Collectable of the month - April - Thu Apr 17 2008 07:08 PM

NOTE THE STP----IT'S MAGIC!
Posted By: hawkike Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sat Apr 19 2008 08:17 PM

Additives
Posted By: the poor mans museum Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sat Apr 19 2008 10:52 PM

From what I understand all of these additives have been laboratory tested and it was determined that the concentrate in the middle has the highest potential for generating gas. Not sure how scientific the study was because I read it on the internet?
Posted By: Jack R Re: Collectable of the month - April - Sun Apr 20 2008 02:37 PM

By rustyokie
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk