Oldgas.com Home

NO PETRO FOR ME THIS WEEK. SO I HOPE THE REST OF YOU CAN MAKE UP FOR IT! LOL!

THANKS!
Posted By: Blackout Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - AUG 31ST TO SEPT 6TH. - Mon Sep 07 2009 12:28 AM
Gillette and Marathon tires (dates to early teens) are a couple of my Iowa buys. Sinclair can got this week from another collector keeping a eye out for me for graphic cans.

Very nice, Russ!

I love the Marathon, and the Sinclair is in fantastic shape.

Wes
Heres a really cool fluted sign pole that I found over the weekend and was able to buy from the owner! I just have to go and take it down and get it ready for use here at the shop! Wonder where I can find a sign to hang from it?????
Fleet~Wing Neon Porcelain Sign with embossed letters!

I guess it had a large neon clock at the top. This hung in downtown Detroit 1920-30's!!
Wow great buys everyone. Tom that Fleet-Wing is SWEET. Since it is not complete you can bring it to Peotone & I will take it off your hands laugh
GREAT STUFF SO FAR GUYS! THAT FLEET-WING SIGN JUST GAVE ME A ....OH NEVER MIND! wink
the marathon sign is off the charts awesome....love it!!!!
Awesome stuff guys. the fleetwing sign might of had another piece with the bird on it Tom. just a guess'''''''''''''Ron
Great stuff their Russ.
awesome buys guys!!!! love the sinclair can,,love the old race cars....alan
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - AUG 31ST TO SEPT 6 - Tue Sep 08 2009 09:05 AM
Originally Posted By: tomzcollectiblez
Fleet~Wing Neon Porcelain Sign with embossed letters!

I guess it had a large neon clock at the top. This hung in downtown Detroit 1920-30's!!

...neat sign...measure the diameter of the round hole - it may have used a globe lens, like the 'Standard' signs Standard of New Jersey used in the late 1920's-early 1930's...Amoco and (I think) Atlantic did as well...
I WOULD GUESS FROM THE SIZE OF THE HOLE AGAINST THE DOOR IT'S LEANING ON, IT WOULD BE SOMETHING BIGGER THAN A GLOBE LENS...20" OR BETTER?
Thats it Doc! 20 Inches!
Guy I bought it from said,
It for sure had a large neon clock on it and sign fell forward and broke real bad years ago...He took it home and there it hung for 50 years!!
Really a neat, art deco looking sign with thick, heavy shelving!
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - AUG 31ST TO SEPT 6 - Tue Sep 08 2009 10:02 PM
hi all.well when i was at iowa,i saw an 850 square that roger winchell had.thought to myself"self,you could buy that,but then youd be broke."walked around the lot and went back to talk with roger and the pump was sold.so i wound up buying the 876 tokheim twin.well... after i got home i found out from st rod that aquartlow might be selling his 850.so i called mick and sure enough he gave me a price.so the only way i could buy it was to sell something.since maria wouldnt let me sell any of "her" pumps i wound up selling my twin to another oldgasser.there was lots of wheeling and dealing going on,but it all came to be.heres what i wound up withi know the visi isnt quite right,but hey!it matches the pump.it even came with this beat up old nozzle
wink
thanks to mick wooton for giving me the chance to own this beautiful pump.and also to all the people involved in helping me get it.only thing is,maria said i could put it in the house,but it's about an inch too tall with the globe,so i may have to do a little drywall work(man wonder how i am gonna talk her into that?)looks like i will have to buy something for her now!!LOL
Posted By: st.rod Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - AUG 31ST TO SEPT 6 - Tue Sep 08 2009 10:56 PM
Its a beauty Mick!! Wish I could have swung it. The Tok 34 visi looks at home on that pump....NOW, can I have the next roller nozzle?

Good for you!

Larry
NO Larry! My twin needs 2 + I have a round & a square that don't have them.

Mick, I know someone with a Correct Visi that will trade for a Correct Roller Nozzle !
Posted By: s932 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - AUG 31ST TO SEPT 6 - Tue Sep 08 2009 11:22 PM
nice looking pump mick
Nice Pump Mick!!!!!
MICK! YA DONE GOOD! ...ACTUALLY BETTER THAN GOOD!
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - AUG 31ST TO SEPT 6 - Wed Sep 09 2009 04:33 AM
Very nice pump Mick. Had us all waiting to see what was going down.
Mike
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - AUG 31ST TO SEPT 6 - Wed Sep 09 2009 12:15 PM
Pretty nice pump Mick!! Now for the ceiling raise??? Hey, you could always repaint it and put a 12 inch globe from another company on it!!!!! I don't think Sinclair or Polly had any really small globes did they?????
The more I think about it, thats a bad idea because a BIG pump like that should have a BIG globe on top!!!
It will look great whereever you put it though!! Congratulations!!
Posted By: Tankar Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - AUG 31ST TO SEPT 6TH. - Wed Sep 09 2009 10:08 PM
Just picked this up today 20" x 28" approx. embossed letters and logo anyone seen this one before. I am guessing 20's 30's and will be for sale later.

Attached picture php4MUKwj_c2PM.jpg
Attached picture phppVGijP_c1PM.jpg
Attached picture phppVGijP_c3PM.jpg
Just got home from holidays and the mailman left me this sweet sign. I've had a couple through the years but this is by far the nicest!

Pretty darn nice Lance!! I'd have to have a pretty special spot to hang a sign that nice! Congratulations!
Posted By: archer2 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - AUG 31ST TO SEPT 6TH. - Fri Sep 11 2009 01:03 PM
Here's a few things I recently picked up. The Pureflight can was mint until the USPS enacted their abuse policy on it.

Attached picture IM000544.JPG
frown NOT GOOD! frown
Posted By: JOSBORN Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - AUG 31ST TO SEPT 6TH. - Sat Sep 12 2009 08:52 AM
Swan Finch can Norton oil signs.

Attached picture phpmK3pOmAM.jpg
Posted By: The Brain Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEP 7 - SEP 13 - Sun Sep 13 2009 08:38 PM
HERE'S A LOAD OF SOME COOL GAS AND SODA STUFF I PICKED UP AT DIXIE GAS...

Attached picture phps1wFIKPM.jpg
Attached picture phpvbLBjTPM.jpg
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEP 7 - SEP 13 - Sun Sep 13 2009 08:43 PM
WOW, what a show you had, bet you were running back and forth to your car all day, Nice stuff
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEP 7 - SEP 13 - Sun Sep 13 2009 09:16 PM
cool
Posted By: Rick Berrong Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEP 7 - SEP 13 - Mon Sep 14 2009 03:25 AM
Or you were calling your wife asking for permission each time! Nice haul! Wish I could have been there.
Posted By: aquartlow Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEP 7 - SEP 13 - Wed Sep 16 2009 08:31 PM
Lance, love the Gilmore sign.

Mick
Posted By: DP Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEP 7 - SEP 13 - Wed Sep 16 2009 11:03 PM
I'll bet that Gilmore sign won't be nailed up on the outside of the barn.
Posted By: squick Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - AUG 31ST TO SEPT 6TH. - Thu Sep 17 2009 12:18 AM
Picked up this thick porceline flange sign in nice shape
PICKED UP A FEW NEW SIGNS THIS WEEKEND.KEEP THE PICTURES COMING.

Attached picture MVC-002S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-003S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-005S.JPG
KELLY TIRES SIGN WITH ORIGINAL BRACKET 1948.

Attached picture MVC-009S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-010S.JPG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk