Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: tulareone been looking for a long time for one - Tue Feb 16 2010 01:01 AM
ive have driven past this station dont know how many time
never knew it was there its been there for 10 years and when i drove up to it and saw it. never don on me it could clearly be seen from the road. its been in this guys family since 1913 started out as a orig. flying a station- well its my find
and very luckly
Posted By: advertologist Re: been loking for a long time for one - Tue Feb 16 2010 01:08 AM
Well....you got a good start, a little glass & paint & you have something....GOOD SCORE!
Posted By: thermactor Re: been loking for a long time for one - Tue Feb 16 2010 01:56 AM
That's a great find! I've been looking for one too - seems like they're all either gone or in California...

Wes
Posted By: Roger Loupias Re: been loking for a long time for one - Tue Feb 16 2010 01:57 AM
I like it. With access it could fit in a lot of yards. Boy if this old shack could talk. It would be really great if some old photos could show up to mark its history. Im wondering what the floor is, and if the door in the picture is a slider. This should be a great restoration, Id love to have it. Annother example for my family and friends to have me committed!
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: been loking for a long time for one - Tue Feb 16 2010 02:03 AM
i like it a lot!!! sure like to see it when you get done,,,yea it would be my dream also to have a flying A-STATION,,are you going to use the station in san jose as a reference???? i saw it last yr when i was there for my son`s wedding,,pretty cool....alan
Posted By: kentjay56 Re: been loking for a long time for one - Tue Feb 16 2010 03:31 AM
That would look so cool all fixed up!!!! Kent.
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: been loking for a long time for one - Tue Feb 16 2010 03:32 AM
What a neat find! I look forward to seeing how it turns out.
Posted By: badgas Re: been loking for a long time for one - Tue Feb 16 2010 04:19 AM
Originally Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1
i like it a lot!!! sure like to see it when you get done,,,yea it would be my dream also to have a flying A-STATION,,are you going to use the station in san jose as a reference???? i saw it last yr when i was there for my son`s wedding,,pretty cool....alan

Are you talking about the station that's at the San Jose History Park??
Posted By: Gaspedler Re: been loking for a long time for one - Tue Feb 16 2010 05:31 AM
Looks like a fun and interesting project.

20+ years ago there was one about twice that size in Graysville, Indiana that on the corner of 63 and 154. Only one in these parts I ever remember seeing. Long gone.
Too cold here in the winter to run a business out of something like that.

Chuck
Posted By: tulareone Re: been loking for a long time for one - Tue Feb 16 2010 02:36 PM
i tried looking for a pic of the one in san jose--does any one have one-- ive seen freds done in signal there a couple in my area that are done in texaco and richfield
Posted By: hotrodhudson48 Re: been loking for a long time for one - Tue Feb 16 2010 03:10 PM
Very very nice!
Posted By: Jack R Re: been loking for a long time for one - Tue Feb 16 2010 03:24 PM
Real nice find what brand are you going to use.
Posted By: petroman Re: been looking for a long time for one - Wed Feb 17 2010 06:31 PM
Very nice booth. Great for reconstruct an old station. Is sure that it is from 1913?

Enrico
Posted By: hotrod468 Re: been looking for a long time for one - Wed Feb 17 2010 08:52 PM
Originally Posted By: tulareone
ive have driven past this station dont know how many time
never knew it was there its been there for 10 years and when i drove up to it and saw it. never don on me it could clearly be seen from the road. its been in this guys family since 1913 started out as a orig. flying a station- well its my find
and very luckly

Boy, that sure looks close to the gas station in this old 3 Stooges skit... Whatcha' think??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX-EwwAMA_8

Fast forward to about the 1:16 mark...

REALLY COOL FIND!!
Posted By: tulareone Re: been looking for a long time for one - Thu Feb 18 2010 01:00 AM
iam not sure on the brand--depends on the signs i get for it

i need to make room for it first up by the shop and plan from thier
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk