Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 1970mach Expensive Patio Table the Tackaberry Collection - Sat Apr 23 2011 11:49 PM
I had a day to remember today! I had the ultimate pleasure of taking a tour of the Tackaberry collection. I will post tons of pics of this in a seperate post. The collection is approximately 60,000 square feet of petroliana and Trucks and tractors. Here is a pic that almost ruined the day for me of his patio table. He bought it like this and takes it to shows.

Attached picture DSC_9960.jpg
Attached picture DSC_9961.jpg
buy him a complete patio set from wally world for it.
Wish I could find cool stuff like that! Always loved the Supertest signs. Gotta get me one someday!
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Expensive Patio Table the Tackaberry Collection - Sun Apr 24 2011 02:01 PM
Man thats a shame someone cut a hole in the middle of that sign. That one is a beauty. Bet it is a good conversation piece at shows for sure smile
Posted By: 1970mach Re: Expensive Patio Table the Tackaberry Collection - Sun Apr 24 2011 03:00 PM
I was told before I went there he sells nothing..Believe me I tried... Walking through his collection he talks like it was the firt time he had seen it too. His collection consists of 250 licensed and plated for the road Trucks and an unknown amount of farm tractors housed in 11 buildings. They are all full so they built overhangs onto the outside of the buildings to store the tractors that could not fit. He also has a toy collection of 20-30,000 pieces. only about half are displayed.

Doc he had six supertest signs in total 3 porcelain and 3 large plastic 6 footers.

I will have to take some time to go through the pics and reduce the size of them and will post later this week.
Posted By: eshaver Re: Expensive Patio Table the Tackaberry Collection - Sun Apr 24 2011 07:35 PM
Collin, aty one time in both Houston and in upper Dallas , there was a resturant called "The Filling Station " Guess what sign enthusiasts , the tables were 48 round pole signs !!!!!!! You betcha , Humble , Texaco, Lyon , Even a Magnolia ! I was in both locations , mostly the one in Dallas on Upper Greenvile avenue. Beer was dispensed out of Maye - West 117's one at either end of the bar .

I dunno if the one in Dallas is still around or not. I'm told the one in Houston folded . Ed Shaver
IF it hadn't been used as a table it would have stayed in a dump somewhere.
Posted By: 1970mach Re: Expensive Patio Table the Tackaberry Collection - Mon Apr 25 2011 12:22 AM
Ed, I was thinking of you when I layed eyes on the 1/5th scale models he had professionally built out of the US. They were all made of wood, PVC and aluminum. all were featured in Toy Modler magazine. He has 5 in total. When they transported the Toys Models to him, he loved the International truck they used to haul them in..so he bought the complete unit.

Take a look..remember these are 90% wood!..I thought the tracks and wheels were rubber as I stood beside them..They are wood!. The tractor and the dump trailer beside it are the same. On the back of the tractor bunk is a small diesel engine. This is used in local parades. It is fully equipped with a air ride suspension..

Attached picture DSC_0005.jpg
Attached picture DSC_0011.jpg
Attached picture DSC_0012.jpg
Attached picture DSC_0013.jpg
Posted By: eshaver Re: Expensive Patio Table the Tackaberry Collection - Mon Apr 25 2011 06:51 PM
Colin, you say these are 1/5th scale models ????? Somthin tells me I need to get muh sef up into Canada to see these magnificent exibits ! Ed Shaver
Posted By: 1970mach Re: Expensive Patio Table the Tackaberry Collection - Mon Apr 25 2011 09:29 PM
If you ever make it up Ed I would be glad to set up a tour for you. It took 2 years full time for the guy to build the models pictured.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk