Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 1970mach The Tackaberry Collection - Mon Apr 25 2011 10:19 PM
I had the pleasure of taking a 8hr tour of the George Tackaberry Collection on the easter weekend. George's collection is the Larges and rarest collection of primarily Inernational Harvestor Trucks and tractors. But like every collector of vehicles you have to fill the walls and ceilings with some great signs. Here is a glimpse at his collection.

The first picture is George and I at the beginning of the tour. George knows every detail about everything in his collection amnd was a great guide.

Here is a link to the album.

http://img545.imageshack.us/g/dsc0016o.jpg/

Posted By: 1970mach Re: The Tackaberry Collection - Mon Apr 25 2011 10:53 PM
Will post truck pics tomorrow.
Posted By: 1970mach Re: The Tackaberry Collection - Wed Apr 27 2011 06:43 PM
Sorry I didn't get hese posted last night. I went on a pick. So here they are.

Terry, I sent you Georges contact info.

Posted By: 1970mach Re: The Tackaberry Collection - Wed Apr 27 2011 06:45 PM

Posted By: always lookin Re: The Tackaberry Collection - Wed Apr 27 2011 06:52 PM
OH MY GOD, I rode in this truck as a kid!!

Attached picture DSC_9942.jpg
Posted By: 1970mach Re: The Tackaberry Collection - Wed Apr 27 2011 07:06 PM

Posted By: 1970mach Re: The Tackaberry Collection - Wed Apr 27 2011 07:11 PM

Posted By: Gaspedler Re: The Tackaberry Collection - Wed Apr 27 2011 07:51 PM
Awesome!!!!!!!
Posted By: moore798 Re: The Tackaberry Collection - Wed Apr 27 2011 08:43 PM
Totally unbelieveable the work that has been done to restore these beautiful work horses!!
Posted By: 1970mach Re: The Tackaberry Collection - Wed Apr 27 2011 08:55 PM
George employs 3 people full time to restore his trucks. 2 mechanical and 1 painter. When we were there the are actively working on 2 trucks a 1938 Autocar which the army used to transport 105 MM cannons to the east coast for shipment abroad during WWII. This one was in the paint booth so they were starting on the Brown 1950 Mack That is pictured outside the shop. It is one of only 24 made. George said it had the original tires on it when he bought it. It took them 2 days to get the rubber off. Whatever parts they cannot source they fabricate. His boneyard had 30-400 parts trucks!
Posted By: DIESEL Re: The Tackaberry Collection - Wed Apr 27 2011 09:28 PM
Oh so nice ! thanks for sharing Colin!
Posted By: Terry Flannery Re: The Tackaberry Collection - Thu Apr 28 2011 01:13 AM
Always wondered who was the guy on the top, who had it all, the most. No need to look any farther, it's George Tackaberry. George is "DA MAN", top dog, big fazzog. Awesome is too small a word here, and the man is still building for more "stuff". I talked with him tonite, very nice fellow and he ain't ever going to stop, he's hooked.
Posted By: 1970mach Re: The Tackaberry Collection - Thu Apr 28 2011 01:43 AM
Great to hear you got in touch with him Terry, The pics I posted is 20% of the collection. He has 11 buildings stuffed full. some of them 160 x 80. One of the most down to earth guys you will ever meet. Hooked is an understatement..this is a guy who is in his 70's and is still head of one of the largest road building companies in Canada he owns 51 Gravel pits! employs 100's of people, and he still finds time for playing with his toys. He Opens all his buildings on Saturdays for private tours..he asks for nothing in return except a donation at the end of the tour (totally optional) which he in turn donates to the Ottawa Heart Institute. Hell I am a Ford man but I found myself looking at local classfieds for a International truck tonight..I fell in love with his wreckers.
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: The Tackaberry Collection - Thu Apr 28 2011 03:25 AM
awesome collection of trucks!!! since i drive a big rig these pictures of these old work horses are close to my heart,,txs for shareing,,alan
Posted By: Terry Flannery Re: The Tackaberry Collection - Thu Apr 28 2011 01:08 PM
I had a great talk with him and both of us being truck guys it could have went on all nite. He's putting up another big monster building this spring for more of his collection. Some day I will make it over to his place for a tour of it all.
Posted By: huskybob Re: The Tackaberry Collection - Thu Apr 28 2011 01:39 PM
Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures..... one very incredible collection...... you just gotta love the old trucks.
Posted By: BIGTOM Re: The Tackaberry Collection - Thu Apr 28 2011 04:45 PM
that International crew cab is incredible.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk