Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: thermactor FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Mon Dec 12 2011 03:31 AM
Hey Guys & Gals,

It's time to share the petro relics that we've stumbled across in our recent travels, and check out what other people have found as well.

If you would like to contribute to this feature, simply post the pictures here or email them directly to me and I will post them for you. Be sure to include a story or description with your submissions.

If it's too close to the next installment, please note that I may hold your contribution for posting when the new FATW comes up.
Send 'em in!!

Happy Trails!

Wes
Posted By: thermactor Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Mon Dec 12 2011 03:31 AM
Here's a cool station that we saw while out and about recently up in Bloomington.

Posted By: thermactor Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Mon Dec 12 2011 03:32 AM
And, right across the street -- an old Mobil station. The old sign frame is even still there!

Posted By: signdog Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Mon Dec 12 2011 03:42 AM
Those stations are just down the street from my sign shop! I'm good friends with Bill who owns Bills Service Station!
Posted By: eshaver Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Mon Dec 12 2011 09:04 PM
First picture looks to be a former Esso station .............. Ed Shaver
Posted By: signgod2112 Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Mon Dec 12 2011 09:48 PM
This is a wrecking yard not to far from where I live.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted By: s932 Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Mon Dec 12 2011 09:55 PM

Here is a old gas station I pass by everytime I go to the national fire academy in Emmitsburg, MD
Posted By: badgas Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Tue Dec 13 2011 05:13 AM
San Francisco, CA - hard to see the small station buidling behind all of the cars.

San Carlos, CA

Downtown Las Vegas, NV

Posted By: Nicole Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Wed Dec 14 2011 02:10 AM
Badgas,

That last station is very 'Jetson.' What year would it be from do you think?
1960's Phillips 66....
http://www.beltstl.com/2006/02/phillips-66-part-1/
Posted By: Catauladave Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Wed Dec 14 2011 08:57 AM
This looks like a Phillips 66 station that was where I started working in 1970 for $1.00/hr. lol Dave Jones
Posted By: Don Beaver Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Wed Dec 14 2011 01:49 PM
Chuck's Thrifty Station Wenatchee Washington

Attached picture DSCN6169 -2.jpg
Attached picture DSCN6170 -2.jpg
Attached picture DSCN6168 -2.jpg
Posted By: badgas Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Wed Dec 14 2011 02:26 PM
^^^That's a nice station. I was in Wenatchee twice earlier this years. Once briefly for a few days in April and then about a week in August. My wife's grandmother and aunt/uncles live there. I saw the construction on that building in August. There's also a guy across the street that has a powerwashing business. I saw him powerwashing a few of those pumps before being restored. The owner of the business happened to stop by at the same time while I was talking to the powerwashing guy about the pumps. I even offered a Gilbarco pump to him that I was taking back to my house. He never materialized on the offer.

Either way, I can't wait to visit that place again next year.
Posted By: pipes Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Sat Dec 17 2011 06:20 PM
This Old station is about 6 miles north of my house. always drove by and never realized that it had a DEEP ROCK neon sign hanging under the eave !! Stopped today and took a few pictures :

Posted By: pipes Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Sun Dec 18 2011 03:59 PM
Found this Gem this morning driving....This is a great reminder that stuff is still out there in the wild...

Posted By: 1937 GMC Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Fri Dec 23 2011 03:56 AM
A few stations that I have come across in my travels; sorry for the picture quality, but camera phone is not the best for taking pics. Many more to come; West Texas has a lot of Hidden Treasures!

Attached picture Old Station 4.jpg
Attached picture Old Station.jpg
Attached picture Old Station 7.jpg
Attached picture Old Station  3.jpg
Posted By: Serialist Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Fri Dec 23 2011 06:28 AM
Found this place a few weeks ago. he owns a old station on hwy 99 south of here. has a lot of great stuff. this is just a small bit.

Attached picture texaco 1.jpg
Attached picture ol gas 3.jpg
Attached picture ol gas.jpg
Attached picture ol gas 2.jpg
Attached picture ol 4.jpg
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Sun Dec 25 2011 09:13 PM
Merry Christmas to all of you and your families.Hope you had a great day.Here are a few old stations we passed in our Arkansas travels this Christmas weekend.Hope you enjoy them.Mark

Attached picture DSC00981.JPG
Attached picture DSC00985.JPG
Attached picture DSC00986.JPG
Attached picture DSC00987.JPG
Attached picture DSC00988.JPG
Posted By: Oldgas Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- December 2011 - Mon Dec 26 2011 08:50 PM
My daughter took this photo of the World's Largest Redwood Gas Station in Ukiah, California. Cool!

Description: Redwood Station
Attached picture worldslargest-redwoodstation-ukiahCA.jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk