Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: thermactor FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2012 - Wed Mar 14 2012 02:49 AM
Hey Guys & Gals,

It's time to share the petro relics that we've stumbled across in our recent travels, and check out what other people have found as well.

If you would like to contribute to this feature, simply post the pictures here or email them directly to me and I will post them for you. Be sure to include a story or description with your submissions.

If it's too close to the next installment, please note that I may hold your contribution for posting when the new FATW comes up.
Send 'em in!!

Happy Trails!

Wes
Posted By: hotcidr Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2012 - Wed Mar 14 2012 03:01 AM
I found the covited Sunset sign on ebay by jumping on the Make Offer quickly and it was accepted. The National Old Trails sign I found at our Escalon Gas Bash this past weekend. All in all it was a GREAT week
Ray

Attached picture 023 (Copy).JPG
Attached picture 024 (Copy).JPG
Posted By: Garage-A-GoGo Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2012 - Wed Mar 14 2012 09:22 AM
I Guess that Sunset makes a pretty good "Happy Birthday to Me" sign! Great signs Ray and Happy Birthday!
from the Garage~a~gogo
Jim
Posted By: Badmotorfinger Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2012 - Wed Mar 14 2012 11:33 PM
Warren, MA

Posted By: advertologist Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2012 - Wed Mar 14 2012 11:45 PM
Is the National Old Trails Road the same as the Lincoln Highway?
No, overlaps with US 66 in the west. And I covet that sign!
Posted By: Badmotorfinger Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2012 - Tue Apr 03 2012 02:17 PM
Stopped in at Hemmings Motor News in Bennington, Vermont and this pump was on display.

Posted By: Nucky Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2012 - Sat Apr 14 2012 11:56 AM
Two streets from where I live, there is still the original tokheim model 452 from 1959, I don't know if it's still used but that's cool to see this one is still there

Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2012 - Sat Apr 14 2012 10:17 PM
Stopped to look at some cars yesterday,and parked by this.been past it a million times

There's something under there!
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2012 - Sat Apr 14 2012 11:01 PM
Gulf????

Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2012 - Sun Apr 15 2012 01:05 AM
Looks like a porcelain Getty pump. I have a same color (teally green) nos complete porcelain top in the box with Getty ad glasses.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2012 - Sun May 06 2012 04:20 PM
On the way to breakfast this morning,I finally stopped in at this old shell station.as I slowly went passed,a man inside beckoned me to come in.went in and got to meet mr Henry Darr,the owner.Mr Darr has owned the station since the early forties,and althought there wasn't to much to see there were a few things. Here's the station,and a few pics.

Henry has promised to call me after he finds some of the pictures he has taken over the years of the station.sadly,all the pumps and globes,and lots of other things were scrapped years ago when people didnt think much about those things.stil was fun stopping in and checking it out.
Posted By: Notchcad Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2012 - Sun May 06 2012 04:37 PM
I know you got that clock Mick!
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2012 - Sun May 06 2012 04:55 PM
Nope,nothing for sale at this time.henrytold me to make sure I come to the sale after he's gone!then he started laughing!lol
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk