Oldgas.com Home

BRING ON THE BLING BOYS! smile

THANKS!
Posted By: pumpingethyl Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Sun Apr 15 2012 11:11 PM
I had a good weekend. Picked up the Eveready Mazda easel back and the Francisco self framed tin at the So Cal Gas Bash yesterday and the Early porcelain Fisk flange at a local swap meet this morning.

Posted By: KentuckyT Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Sun Apr 15 2012 11:11 PM
I picked this set of Stoll Oil Bottles with carrier today (I'm thrilled to add them to my small Stoll collection). I also picked up this Havoline sign.

Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Sun Apr 15 2012 11:18 PM
Picked up this tin tacker:

Posted By: gmstuff Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Mon Apr 16 2012 12:12 AM
Wow! Dennis, you’re always tough to follow on BOTW!! The Francisco has always been my favorite sign… Here are a few buys from me this week.. The Hastings is NOS, never hung.. The Yale sign is a tin tacker, almost 30” tall. The Spark plug display was an upgrade, but a tough one to find in this condition.

Attached picture botwc.jpg
Attached picture botwd.jpg
Attached picture botwb.jpg
Attached picture botwa.jpg
Posted By: tbuckles Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Mon Apr 16 2012 12:24 AM
I left a couple days early for Dixie Gas and headed down to Midland NC to see Miles Little. He was in a selling mood and wanted to clean out of all his common pumps and parts. I only had a few pumps I was taking to Dixie so I loaded the trailer.

On the way over to Dixie we stopped in Hendersonville and had some good BBQ on the house - some Miles deal - free is always good. I pulled out of the parking lot and was following Miles up Interstate 26, I was up to 70 mph when I saw a business card stuck in my wiper. Oh well, it had not blown out yet so I just kept going but I was wondering about the card, it had some handwriting on it. I tried to stick my head down on the dash and read it but that was not a good idea since I was driving. Went about 45 miles up the road to the Maggie Valley exit to meet a guy. When I stopped I grabbed the card, it read " please before you leave town call me". Well, I left town but I called anyway. The guy answered and said he saw my loaded trailer with pumps at the BBQ joint and he wanted to know if I would be interested in buying one. I had to admit to him that I was 45 miles up the road by now and I asked if he knew what model it was , he didn't. I ask if there was anyway to text me a picture. He did and as you can guess I turned around and went back about 50 miles to his house...way back off the beaten path. you can see the top of it in the above picture, had to do some major reloading of the trailer to fit it on. Could not believe my luck, the card did not blow off and then it was a Wayne 60. Had a ton of offers to buy it at Dixie but it was coming home with me, not for sale.
Before I cleaned it....

AFTER I cleaned it smile
Posted By: 1937 GMC Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Mon Apr 16 2012 01:37 AM
Couple of pumps from my trip to Colorado; Tokheim 36B and a Frey Tall Ten.

Attached picture Tokheim 36B 4[1].jpg
Attached picture Frey Tall 10[1].jpg
Posted By: 1937 GMC Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Mon Apr 16 2012 01:52 AM
Got this rare Red Crown sign off Ebay; below is an explanation of Scrip.

Depression scrip was used during the depression era (1930's) as a substitute for government issued currency. Because of the banks closing temporarily and the lack of physical currency, someone had to come up with another form of currency to keep the economy going and a way for trade to continue. Therefore the old idea of local currency was reborn. Paper, cardboard, wood, metal tokens, leather, clam shells and even parchment made from fish skin was used.

Attached picture Red Crown Scrip 2[1].jpg
Posted By: jbrooks Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Mon Apr 16 2012 02:23 AM
the best two things I got this week was this Gulf can light and the Kelly Tires convex sign, haven't cleaned it but it should clean up nice

Attached picture Gulf Light Can.JPG
Attached picture 001.JPG
Posted By: racecop Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Mon Apr 16 2012 02:28 AM
Great buys everyone. I have been out of Iowa the last 3 months and picked up the following items while I was away.

Description: Bowser doors
Attached picture IMG_0652-s.jpg

Description: Neptune door
Attached picture IMG_0653-s.jpg

Description: Tokheim doors
Attached picture IMG_0649-s.jpg

Description: Globe sign
Attached picture IMG_0651-s.jpg
Posted By: racecop Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Mon Apr 16 2012 02:30 AM
I also bought one and a half G&B 86's. I need to put the doors and face plates back on but here is a quick picture

Attached picture IMG_0648-s.jpg
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Mon Apr 16 2012 02:31 AM
I picked these up yesterday.

Posted By: philmccauley Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Mon Apr 16 2012 11:20 AM
Great buys, LOVE the Stoll bottles!!!
Posted By: LC 336 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Mon Apr 16 2012 09:07 PM
Great finds everyone, I really like that Defiance spark plug display and crown oil can.

Nice pump Matt, I think you are going to have the market cornered on the Bennett's.LOL
I just can't believe all the great finds and thanks for posting the pics!
Posted By: cosdencop Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Tue Apr 17 2012 01:34 AM
My buy of the week , year who knows but i like it got it from a guy that was going to roof a gas station about 25 years ago. He said he got on the roof and this sign was lying up there and the owner didnt want it so the man took it home and it has been hanging on his back porch since then. then last week he drove by my house and stopped and asked if i was interested in an old kendall sign and well the rest is history.

Attached picture 100_4670.JPG
Attached picture 100_4678.JPG
Attached picture 100_4672.JPG
thats where a lot of the signs ended up- on the roof of the station.. cool
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Tue Apr 17 2012 03:57 AM
Nice stuff guys!!!
Matt I figured you would but those pumps. I have been watching them on Craig's list but kind of far away and expensive for me. I picked this cool wayne 60 up from a guy I met at Pomona Swapmeet. Picked it up on my way home.
Have a great week,
Rob

Attached picture wayne 60 TO.JPG
Attached picture Wayne 60 side view.JPG
Nice pumps Rob, I'll bet that curb pump brings you a lot of "Joy" !
lol
Wow guys! Great stuff. Well, small stuff that I found this weekend. Trying to play with the big dogs.

Attached picture rsz_1rsz_1botw.jpg
Attached picture rsz_botw2.jpg
Posted By: JimT Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Wed Apr 18 2012 12:30 AM
That is a cool pump Rob. Its got to be a pretty rare one.
Posted By: LOWright Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Wed Apr 18 2012 12:54 AM
Nice finds out there! .... I going to assume this was Kessler's gas station so i can post it in this thread. LOL Embossed and about 54" tall................Anyone know of a Kessler's around northern Indiana? Thanks...

Attached picture 7up oval sign.jpg
That 7up sign is really nice!
Posted By: LOWright Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Wed Apr 18 2012 01:06 AM
Thanks Mike!
All I know about Kesslers is my Grandma likes her Kesslers and water in a short glass with 3 ice cubes!! LOL!!
thats the kesslers I related to also.. cool
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Wed Apr 18 2012 01:44 AM

a special thanks to old gasser andy for some of the anti-freeze cans
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Wed Apr 18 2012 01:50 AM

picked up this cool vintage road racing banner..got these bulk plant tags from a original tidewater whse...the avon tags are very rare and seldom seen..these are the first i have ever seen and have been collecting for awhile..these are from the avon refinery in calif that associated owned..txs alan..also a special thanks to my very good friend and another flying -A-collector..BOB RICHARDS for the decals..
Al,....road race banner in cool.. cool
I bought some oil cans. I guess its time to figure out what I got. The good, bad and junk! smile

Attached picture DSC00945.JPG
Attached picture DSC00946.JPG
Attached picture DSC00948.JPG
Attached picture DSC00947.JPG
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APRIL 9th - 15th. - Wed Apr 18 2012 02:43 PM
lookin..very cool cans you picked up,,the prestone on the bottom left and thermo,,i`m likeing a lot..txs alan
Hmmmmmm....INVADER....nice to see you have great taste! wink
I just went for graphics. I left 60 cans behind and I am going back soon. I got lots more, just couldnt fit it all in my truck. Thats what happens when you chat with a old dude in the coffee line. It went like this... oh you build old cars? The old dude said, yes I do. I said, thats cool, I buy old junk. He said, I have tons of stuff that many have tried to buy and its time to clean house. He then said, follow me. I said, sure!! We drove 1 miles to where he had built his house and old gas station and country store and hardware store. It was all surrounded be a historic railroad yard.

Oh this was 1/4 mile down a road that I pass everyday... lol
Finally off the road, here a few things i picked up. the middle double lubester will be restored to match the Gulf Marine sign in the background. the 2 lubesters to the side i had hand painted. came out pretty darn cool. the stack of hats are NOS, found them in the shipping box... from an old Dodge dealership from NJ. Last, group of awesome mags from the 30's with amazing ads...chuck

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk