Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 47reo-travis mobil curb sign and goodies - Sun Jun 30 2013 10:11 PM
Didn't put this in the BOTW because I didn't buy it yet, I put some money down and spoke for the mobil curb sign today , I have been interested in it for a while because my last Grandfather who is 86 and still is doing great remembers when this was a station and it has good local history to it , my older friend that has the sign does not own the station but it is next door to his farm and confirmed it was always a mobil station the best he could recall and said for sure this is where the the curb sign came from. I asked a age of the station and he said he was always told it was built in the teens? My grandfather said the 40's era is when he remembers it, its a granite block building as well. I was teasing my friend about the pickers and he said if the pickers were to ever show up he would run them off! I am not making that up either , hope you guys enjoy the station and his goodies as I asked permission to take pictures and share with you all , he said go for it!

Attached picture DSCN0566.JPG
Attached picture DSCN0567.JPG
Attached picture DSCN0565.JPG
Attached picture DSCN0561.JPG
Attached picture DSCN0546.JPG
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: mobil curb sign and goodies - Sun Jun 30 2013 10:14 PM
Here's more.

Attached picture DSCN0552.JPG
Attached picture DSCN0551.JPG
Attached picture DSCN0549.JPG
Attached picture DSCN0548.JPG
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: mobil curb sign and goodies - Sun Jun 30 2013 10:25 PM
You should buy the old station! That would be quite the project. Looks way cool. Building looks has nice bones to it as well.
Either way thanks for the pictures and nice lollipop sign.
Fred
Posted By: Curtisstewart Re: mobil curb sign and goodies - Sun Jun 30 2013 10:50 PM
This is great!
Posted By: Nicole Re: mobil curb sign and goodies - Mon Jul 01 2013 12:20 AM
Someone took some care with the front...if you ever find a photo, would love to see it there was some kind of mosaic signage at the front over the canopy.
Posted By: HI-OCTANE Re: mobil curb sign and goodies - Mon Jul 01 2013 12:34 AM
Wow ! Travis Looks like a honey hole, I count three orange & black Phillips Signs. Also like the old stone structure.

Nelson
Posted By: texacokie Re: mobil curb sign and goodies - Mon Jul 01 2013 07:56 AM
Yes those 66 signs caught my eye as well wow, great find Travis I am glad you scored it!
Posted By: carson Re: mobil curb sign and goodies - Mon Jul 01 2013 10:44 AM
HAHA i can see that fat little Frank now. Man the best i can do is $20 on that sign since it's got a little dirt on it.
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: mobil curb sign and goodies - Mon Jul 01 2013 01:44 PM
Lol , that was good. Glad you all liked . He priced me the visible , but I am trying to talk him into putting up all 3 Phillips signs up on his building and putting the visible outside his shed on a little concrete pad , I even offered to do it for him he said he will give it a thought , he likes all this stuff like us , just says his age and health is a big factor ,I hope he takes me up on it , if we do you know I will post you guys pictures.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: mobil curb sign and goodies - Mon Jul 01 2013 04:02 PM
Very nice items and that building is very cool!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: mobil curb sign and goodies - Tue Jul 02 2013 01:43 AM
Get rid of the alum awning & replace w/ wood.
Posted By: advertologist Re: mobil curb sign and goodies - Tue Jul 02 2013 02:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
Get rid of the alum awning & replace w/ wood.

wood would fit the time frame of the building better..
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk