Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 1965CHPCSP Grandpa's Garage Pumps & Thanks to OG Members - Mon Feb 17 2014 06:07 AM
All of you remember my story about my Dad's passing last November and our wish to make a replica of my Grandpa's service station which unfortunately never happened. Well I have found the same pump models that my Grandpa's station used so my plan is coming together in just three short months with the help of many OldGas members.
I would like to thank the following individuals who without their help and unselfishness, all of this wouldn't have been feasible in such a short amount of time.
Thanks guys from the bottom of my heart!!! Dick Bennett, Jack Sim, Kevin Frith, Ric Esgar (DuceCoup), Brandon Esgar (Besgar) and Todd Tessman (Champlinman).
The two Wayne 60's and Hayes Visible need some extra parts, cleaning and original National Refining globes which I haven't found yet, but am on the hunt for. The Conoco globe was put on just for the pictures.
Thanks Again guys and Thanks to everyone on OldGas !!!

Attached picture image.jpg
Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Grandpa's Garage Pumps & Thanks to OG Members - Tue Feb 18 2014 01:05 AM
Very nice pumps and glad to hear you have found what you were looking for!
Posted By: Skate Re: Grandpa's Garage Pumps & Thanks to OG Members - Tue Feb 18 2014 01:02 PM
Great Pumps and Great Guys on Old Gas. Good Luck with everything. Skate
Posted By: Hemibird Re: Grandpa's Garage Pumps & Thanks to OG Members - Wed Feb 19 2014 04:10 AM
Mike,
Didn't see that story from last year but it certainly sounds like you are creating a touching memorial!
Great pumps and good luck with the rest of the project.
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: Grandpa's Garage Pumps & Thanks to OG Members - Wed Feb 19 2014 10:59 PM
Very nice to read of your progress. Looking forward to future posts.
Posted By: RARIN TO GO Re: Grandpa's Garage Pumps & Thanks to OG Members - Mon Feb 24 2014 02:23 AM
The last time I saw that Hayes it was a pile of parts! Looks good put together!
Posted By: RARIN TO GO Re: Grandpa's Garage Pumps & Thanks to OG Members - Mon Feb 24 2014 02:28 AM
I was just thinking we should have got a picture of us oldgas guys. At one time there where four of us there! Lots of deals happening. It was a fun weekend for me. It was nice to meet you.
Posted By: 1965CHPCSP Re: Grandpa's Garage Pumps & Thanks to OG Members - Tue Feb 25 2014 10:39 PM
Same here Chris.
A great bunch of guys!!
Thanks for showing me your collection. You have some killer pieces.
Keep in touch!
Mike
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk