Oldgas.com Home

Thanks Everyone! smile
1 lubester sign for me.. cool

Attached picture IMG_1117[1].JPG
Here are my botw for last week. Thanks again Jim for the Hancock stuff. Keep them coming everyone!

Attached picture IMG_2858.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2859.jpg
a few more....

Attached picture IMG_2874.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2855.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2856.JPG
Posted By: LOWright Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - June 30th-July 6th.14 - Sun Jul 06 2014 11:38 PM
My one buy from ebay while on vacation. Hope it will clean up a bunch….

Attached picture Oil Can Conoco $241.00.jpg
Attached picture Oil Can Conoco side.jpg
Attached picture Oil Can Conoco top.jpg

My Buy of the week!! Thanks Butch Greer! Jim

Posted By: jbrooks Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - June 30th-July 6th.14 - Sun Jul 06 2014 11:55 PM
Pumps in the New York City area are getting harder to find. I know these aren't rare but I was glad to get 2 in one place. The Smithway is really solid too.

Attached picture 001.JPG
Just a standard oil bottle band

Attached picture image.jpg
I was able to aquire some terrific signs last week, compliments of ebay and the proximity of the signs!
A fellow in Wausau, Wisconsin, had posted some signs that were found in an old warehouse in the Wausau area, and he was trying to sell them on ebay! I was able to get him to call me to discuss purchasing one and found out that he had actually found 8 tin signs and a porcelain curb sign!
I made an offer on one each of the two signs that were still available and the porcelain curb sign. He said my offer was ok but he couldn't sell the curb sign yet, because he thought his partner might want to keep it, or he might want it himself. OK, that was fine by me, and I told him my offer was for the three signs as a package and otherwise I wasn't interested, as I already had a copy of each of the 2 tin signs, just not NOS ones like he had!
We left it with me telling him to give me a call if my offer interested him at all. It took about a week before the phone rang and he was interested enough to sell me all three signs! We made a deal on the phone and plans to meet up in Eau Clair, Wisconsin and do the exchange.
I already had planned to pick up a sign that Bryce Gillespie had bought from him, but the phone rang the next morning and he was on the phone asking if I was willing to transport 2 more signs for another Old Gasser, so I ended up picking up 3 signs for myself and 3 others for Bryce and the other fellow!
We talked about these signs for a bit while I was in Eau Clair, and he told me about walking past these signs for several days before taking the time to see what might be in the big pile of cardboard in the corner! He was totally amazed at what they found and even more amazed when they found out what they were worth!
Just goes to show---ITS STILL OUT THERE!

First three signs are the ones I bought and the last one belongs to Bryce!

Attached picture Wausau sign purchase 007.JPG
Attached picture Wausau sign purchase 003.JPG
Attached picture Wausau sign purchase 004.JPG
Attached picture Wausau sign purchase 005.JPG
Posted By: BryceG Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - June 30th-July 6th.14 - Mon Jul 07 2014 12:56 AM
a sign that I have always wanted since I first started collecting... never thought I'd be able to get a NOS one.

thanks for picking it up for me Kevin! your signs look great, that green really pops!
Picked up a couple cans and another Alabama globe. Griffin Oil Company out of Dothan. Thanks Scott!

Attached picture rocket.jpg
Found 4 visibles, 3 globes, an esso neon and an Indian motorcycle. Here are a couple pics

A decent week for this part of the country. The Billups (tall one) was actually a few weeks ago.

Attached picture a.JPG
Attached picture b.JPG
Attached picture c.JPG
Attached picture d.JPG
Here is one of the pumps
Posted By: Mike M. Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - June 30th-July 6th.14 - Mon Jul 07 2014 02:26 AM
Kevin your killing me with the sweet stuff you find!!!

Nice stuff everyone!
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - June 30th-July 6th.14 - Mon Jul 07 2014 02:34 AM
A friend scored this Esso pole for me! Still some stuff out there!
Nice stuff everyone! Here's last few weeks.

Attached picture rsz_misc_cans-13.jpg
Attached picture rsz_misc_cans-12.jpg
Attached picture rsz_lubri-loy_pint_can_rack-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_pennzoil_plastic_menu_board-1.jpg
Got 96 of these Quaker State cans.

Attached picture rsz_quaker_state_oil_cans-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_weatherhead_oe_fittings_merchandiser-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_motorcraft_part_rack_19x265-1.jpg
Posted By: 63Vette Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - June 30th-July 6th.14 - Mon Jul 07 2014 11:01 AM
Killer stuff Chris. Nice bike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got the tin sign from an Oldgasser. Very excited about that. Have wanted one for a long time!!

Attached picture my tin sign.jpg
Attached picture IMG_7435 (2).JPG
Posted By: 1937 GMC Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - June 30th-July 6th.14 - Mon Jul 07 2014 01:16 PM

Attached picture image.jpg
Very nice stuff all and I'm really happy for you Steve! It looks like it's in better shape than the 1 I had.
Posted By: 60wayne Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - June 30th-July 6th.14 - Mon Jul 07 2014 07:40 PM
Picked up a few things over the weekend.

Attached picture 130.JPG
Attached picture 131.JPG
Nothing super, but I am collecting Quaker state, Bolivar and Sterling stuff. I am going to be getting 100 of these quarts, and I will be getting some more quaker state stuff. Im gonna be loading up on them! And sometime in the future, I would like to have a Sterling/Quaker state station. Pumps, signs, globes, and of course, cans. Going to be a 40's era station.
Oops! Here is a picture... There are 52 match books.

Attached picture php1GM03FPM.jpg
Posted By: KL Bird Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - June 30th-July 6th.14 - Wed Jul 09 2014 01:39 AM
Hi all, got a few cool B/A pieces on the weekend. A leather hockey jacket that came from the original owner who worked for B/A and then Gulf Oil. He played on the team and when they won the championship in '56, '57, they all got these jackets. Also some nice tins, I've been after the quart for a while.

Ken.
Big week here lol
Got a Dino Soap!
Nice leathers Ken. Perfect for the Buick. And way to clean up Dan!
Special thanks to Aaron Hop!!

Attached picture Disney blotter (2).jpg
Red Crown previsible pump top sign!

Attached picture DSCF4225r.jpg
Attached picture DSCF4229r.jpg
Posted By: jbrooks Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - June 30th-July 6th.14 - Wed Jul 09 2014 11:57 PM
this makes 3 pumps in one week for me, a new record, lol. I think this one needs to be lightly cleaned and a globe and door signs added and that's all.

Attached picture 001.JPG
Cool pumps jb, I found one too.

Attached picture 07092014 014.jpg

Attached picture 07092014 002.jpg
Attached picture 07092014 004.jpg
Attached picture 07092014 006.jpg

Attached picture 07092014 008.jpg
Attached picture 07092014 009.jpg
Attached picture 07092014 028.jpg

Attached picture 07092014 021.jpg
Attached picture 07092014 030.jpg
Attached picture 07092014 033.jpg
Posted By: jbrooks Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - June 30th-July 6th.14 - Thu Jul 10 2014 01:22 AM
thanks Ed, when it rains (pumps), it pours (pumps) I guess
Posted By: jbrooks Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - June 30th-July 6th.14 - Thu Jul 10 2014 11:25 PM
Got this 36" light up sign today.

Attached picture 003.JPG
Just got the Cleanzum can, it's about the same size as a Quart Oil Can. I now have 3 different sizes of the Cleanzum cans.

Picked up this Veedol Rack from a fellow Oldgasser, couple veedol cans from eBay and a couple from another Oldgasser.

Picked up these Oilzum Direct Mail dealers catalogs 1935-1940 from Fellow Oldgasser Pumping Ethyl. Lots of cool Blotters and other advertising pieces in these catalogs.

great items you got there Jason!!!! the paper items are awesome,sooper condition....jealous of the can rack !!! that`s a rare one for sure ..
Alan
Yeah Al, I am now going after you and Bob with the Veedol Stuff!!! LOL!! Thanks Al!
A little rough but not something you see everyday.

Attached picture Fan Belts (2).jpg
boy that's all I need, !!have to worry about Bob getting a jump on me all the time and now you!!I`m going to be busy,only kidding I`m sure their`s enough around for all of us..glad I don`t collect Oilzum!!
good luck to you Jason!!!
She cleaned up a bit!

Attached picture Fan Belts I Before (2).jpg
Attached picture Fan Belts I After (2).jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk