Oldgas.com Home

Thanks Everyone! smile
Posted By: pipes Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 20th - 26th, 2014 - Sun Oct 26 2014 11:18 PM
Guy stopped at my shop yesterday and showed me a pic of this sign. went today and picked it up! It supposedly was a road sign for the CO-OP station in Gay, Michigan, about 15 miles northwest of here. anyone know what age/era the co-op used this logo?
Circa 1910 Schmaltz paint Michelin man sign

Got the base for my gargoyle globe as well this week

And a little topper

And a nice near mint Mobilfuel from Tom Vanholten.
Here are my botw. Thanks Dennis for the Hancock and Gilmore items. Keep them coming everyone!

Attached picture IMG_3335.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3314.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3330.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3331.jpg
Been sort of slow for most things around here. Except for globe lenses. Its been raining them. Good Alabama ones to boot!

Attached picture lens.jpg
Posted By: LOWright Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 20th - 26th, 2014 - Sun Oct 26 2014 11:40 PM
Love the patina on the Sunset pump! Nice stuff, keep it coming…..
Posted By: jwood7 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 20th - 26th, 2014 - Sun Oct 26 2014 11:54 PM
Got this great Shell sign and these two cans the old rusty Cincinnati can is my older can the better looking one is the one I just got.

Attached picture shell sign.jpg
Attached picture nourse.jpg
Attached picture cincinnati can.jpg
Posted By: richlube Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 20th - 26th, 2014 - Mon Oct 27 2014 12:12 AM
that sunset products hat badge is awesome.
Few things for me. Cycle chain is nos.

Attached picture image.jpg
Attached picture image.jpg
A couple for me... Not much. Trying to get 9.0 or better qts and 5 qts and nothing else unless its primrose.

Attached picture php2tU5cVPM.jpg
Attached picture phpmXSf7uPM.jpg
Posted By: keithia Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 20th - 26th, 2014 - Mon Oct 27 2014 01:10 AM
Big thank you to Oldgasser Coops427 for putting me on the trail to this sign. Big 6 foot Champlin sign.

Attached picture IMG_9169.JPG
A couple items for me.

Attached picture rsz_atlantic_pump_plates_13x9_ppp-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_mark_iv_air_condition_pam_12_rnd_therm-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_misc_cans-26.jpg
Attached picture rsz_misc_cans-27.jpg
Posted By: 60wayne Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 20th - 26th, 2014 - Mon Oct 27 2014 11:16 AM
Picked up a few things this weekend.

Attached picture IMG_9558.JPG
Attached picture IMG_9561.JPG
Attached picture IMG_9560.JPG
Posted By: TJammer Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 20th - 26th, 2014 - Mon Oct 27 2014 04:38 PM
Nice Eco air meter...A common air meter, but with 100% Canadian chrome in great shape!

Prestone round thermometer..Picked this up at the Barrie flea market this fall..Not BOTW...but close enough.Lol..

Attached picture Rowynn 037.JPG
Attached picture Rowynn 031.JPG
I didn't buy this last week, but I did pick it up and pay for the restoration job on my way home from Peotone! Its the only air meter that I have and the only way I got to buy it was if I promised it would not get restored in a RED color scheme! I promised--and here it is!

Attached picture Eco Islander #1.JPG
Attached picture Eco Islander #2.JPG
Attached picture Eco Islander #3.JPG
Attached picture Eco Islander #4.JPG
That's awesome looking Kevin!
Kevin..looks great.I love it!
Posted By: jbrooks Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 20th - 26th, 2014 - Mon Oct 27 2014 07:57 PM
I picked up a pump

Attached picture Sinclair M and S 70.JPG
Kevin, absolutely top shelf!!! If it was just another red one, it would in no way have the same impact!! Love the lettering on the pole!!

Jbrooks, very nice M&S 70 correct??
Very happy to pick this piece up this week. Thanks Mark!!!

Posted By: jbrooks Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 20th - 26th, 2014 - Mon Oct 27 2014 10:00 PM
Yes m & s 70. Its a mediocre restoration but it looks sweet in the game room
Originally Posted By: jbrooks
Yes m & s 70. Its a mediocre restoration but it looks sweet in the game room

I was going to say, that pool ball/cue rack looks very nice! Must be a great place for a beer and game!!
Posted By: avio Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 20th - 26th, 2014 - Mon Oct 27 2014 11:18 PM

A friend gave this to me a while back, I thought it was pretty cool.

[URL=http://s391.photobucket.com/user/dura12/media/imagejpg1_zps31d66313.jpg.html][361076434203/URL
Posted By: jbrooks Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 20th - 26th, 2014 - Mon Oct 27 2014 11:24 PM
Yeah it's a fun room

Attached picture 10262014 028.jpg
Attached picture 10262014 030.jpg
Attached picture 10262014 041.jpg
Posted By: ryanfair Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 20th - 26th, 2014 - Mon Oct 27 2014 11:51 PM
Got my Peotone buys unpacked and cleaned up this weekend!

Wish these were in a tad better shape, but... maybe next time.

My favorite Peotone buy. It was all dirty and the price was RIGHT. Took it apart and cleaned it up and turned out great!

I really liked this sign as well. I am sure it was European, but not sure if they ever repop'ed these?? If you know, please pass it along. I was told it was original and hope it is. Either way, it was priced right and the heavy shelving makes it really POP! You can't tell in the pics, but this is one of the domed/convex signs.

Well finally I stubbled across something! These two signs are very rough but good hangers.

Attached picture IMG_0232.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0233.jpg
Not a bargain , but great early tins,,,

Attached picture Buffalo tins.jpg
Attached picture Oak, Red Indian, Enarco tins.jpg
Originally Posted By: ryanfair
I really liked this sign as well. I am sure it was European, but not sure if they ever repop'ed these?? If you know, please pass it along. I was told it was original and hope it is. Either way, it was priced right and the heavy shelving makes it really POP! You can't tell in the pics, but this is one of the domed/convex signs.

These convex signs are being sold on e-Bay out of Germany.

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=557247
Nice buys Wes!! You can't go wrong buying quality pieces. Cheers, Don.
LOVE THOSE Buffalo cans Wes!!!!
great buy!!!
Alan
I always admired your Buffalo tins Don,, got six of them now..
Great buys everyone! Kevin that station lighter looks fantastic, and I really like the early cans Wes. Keep them coming!
A few things I got last weekend at the Zebulon, NC show.

Attached picture zebulon2014.jpg
Sign and a couple more rockers.

Attached picture RockersSign.jpg
Posted By: jwood7 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 20th - 26th, 2014 - Fri Oct 31 2014 06:42 PM
Greg is it necessary for you to get all the rockers I like. Man I wanted that Nourse.
Sorry Jon, been on a rocker roll lately. I was the only bid on the Nourse can.
Posted By: jwood7 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 20th - 26th, 2014 - Fri Oct 31 2014 07:38 PM
I know I was going to bid and I forgot which night it ended. At least I know where I can find it now. Nice buys
few of the latest finds, two killer and early motorcycle photos, an early Houk wire wheel oliograph, two tire holders, a pegasus in the garage with my stratocycle coin op and 46 Cushman, a killer radiator emblem from 1915, and a cool Oilzum sign.

Wow!

Great stuff, Chuck!
Here are a few of mine

© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk