Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: advertologist green streak clock - Sun Mar 26 2017 06:21 PM
advertised as original? .. ... cool

Attached picture 1grstrclo.jpg
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: green streak clock - Mon Mar 27 2017 05:43 PM
Wow, thats a cool clock! Worth the selling price in my opinion. I really doubt its fake, looks legit.
Posted By: TeeTee Re: green streak clock - Mon Mar 27 2017 07:04 PM
In my opinion it is fake, as are many more of these that he has sold...look at his completed auctions and it will be very clear what is going on.
Posted By: Wasatch Man Re: green streak clock - Mon Mar 27 2017 07:09 PM
I agree , for sure fake Green Streak graphics.
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: green streak clock - Mon Mar 27 2017 08:20 PM
Cripe...for sure take a look at this guy's completed auctions! I can't believe what people are paying for junk fantasy items these days. $2000 for a fake Mobiloil clock! Just shake my head anymore........7" in diameter?! These are just a load of 40's and 50's kitchen clocks worth about $40 each. I sure hope the bottom falls out soon so we can all come back down to earth in this hobby.
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: green streak clock - Mon Mar 27 2017 09:43 PM
That phony Mobiloil clock had 80 bids! I hate that dishonest sellers are selling this ***** as original, but buyers need to do a little homework and educate themselves before throwing money at fake *****.
Posted By: JimT Re: green streak clock - Mon Mar 27 2017 10:14 PM
My jaw is hanging.I admit I've been taken more than once by fakes in this hobby ,but still, I have to ask after looking at the items and coin this guy has fleeced people with.... How could people be so stupid????
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: green streak clock - Tue Mar 28 2017 01:24 AM
Exactly Jim. The first thing I thought of with the Green Streak clock was it's way too small to be used as an advertising clock. Then to see the ones that are even worse like the Sinclair clock with a 100% fantasy logo. What are the buyers thinking?
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: green streak clock - Tue Mar 28 2017 04:45 AM
My bad, my first instinct looking at that clock that it was legit, but looking at his other sales its clear he sells modified clocks, switching out the faces.

If I has seen this clock for sale somewhere, without the context of his other sales, definitely could see myself buying it and thinking all was good. Distressing the interior face was a nice touch.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: green streak clock - Tue Mar 28 2017 12:37 PM
Make sure he gets added to the "bad guys" list!
Posted By: Steven C. Re: green streak clock - Tue Mar 28 2017 01:07 PM
That someone paid $2000 for that Mobil clock is either hilarious or incredibly sad. Damn this guy is making good money!! He couldn't have had $50 in that clock.
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: green streak clock - Tue Mar 28 2017 01:29 PM
When you see something out of the ordinary you have to think about how it would have been used. The faces on these clocks are way too small to have been used as advertising clocks.
Advertising clocks generally have illuminated faces. These do not so you have to ask, what was it used for?
And then you compare the age of the clock to the time period that the advertising logo was used.

Then there's the Michelin/Indian/Harley/Triumph/Norton clock that someone paid $985 for. Apparently the bidders didn't wonder why a clock would advertise 5 companies on a 6" clock.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: green streak clock - Tue Mar 28 2017 02:04 PM

Attached picture bruce-willis-i-see-dead-people-i-see-stupid-people-and-they-dont-know-they-are-stupid~01.jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk