Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 5 quart Polly 5 qt Scam - Sat Feb 12 2005 10:19 PM
Hi At lease 2 bidders on this can including myself have received Bogus offers on this can -they look like legit second chance offer till it tell you to contact seller direct jfastdeals at aol.com i guess where there is big money involved this will happen-thanks don

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans
Posted By: dodogas Re: Polly 5 qt Scam - Sat Feb 12 2005 11:26 PM
Unfortunately this is the only reason I support to run a private auction.

Seems the super high price items are often plagued with these bogus offers happening.

So when an auction is private and the seller states that this is the reason, I consider that a good reason and acceptable to use the private format.

Luckily this item is so rare there is a chance perhaps that no one will fall for it.
Posted By: wfort39663 Re: Polly 5 qt Scam - Sun Feb 13 2005 12:27 AM
jfastdeals@aol.com just made a second chance offer to me on the Beeline lens that ended a few days ago. I wasn't even the backup bidder. Another scam going on this one also.
Posted By: bettin Re: Polly 5 qt Scam - Sun Feb 13 2005 01:01 AM
You guys need to followup and report to ebay - forward the email received.
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Polly 5 qt Scam - Mon Feb 14 2005 10:53 PM
I had this happen to me with a Standard Oil Dealer sign I was selling. They took my pics & offered the high bidders a second chance offer. One of the bidders contacted me & I told him it was a scam. He contacted the other bidders & reported it to the Police all on his own. It is good to know that there are some people out there who will look out for others. Just thought I would share this with everyone.
Posted By: kmann Re: Polly 5 qt Scam - Wed Feb 16 2005 01:25 PM
i just went through a second chance offer and there were no problems. will be more cautious in the future...

kmann
Posted By: excor_ltda Re: Polly 5 qt Scam - Fri Jan 20 2006 07:20 PM
DANGER ATTENTION JFASTDEALS@AOL.COM IS A ROB, HE STOLE U$ 1300 HIS REAL NAME IS "Tom Halot" AND UK ADDRESS "34 Barking Road, London N15 4HW,United Kingdom".
I NEED HELP FROM SOMEBODY IN THE UK TO CALL THE POLICE, I WILL PROVIDE ALL THE INFORMATION REQUIRED.

LETS NOT ALLOW THIS KIND OF PEOPLE TO DESTROY E-COMMERCE

------------------
Leonardo Ortiz
Leonardo_ortiz@walla.com
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk