Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: jambo first post - do you like the signs - Fri Jan 20 2006 09:02 PM
well it's my first post here and i wanted to start out by saying i never knew all this cool stuff was out there. i came here looking for info on some signs i picked up and ended up lovin' the feel of the collector's mantra-cant take it with us , we just hold on to the stuff for future generations to admire , etc. my shop needs some old gas in it rather than the practical tools i use hanging everywhere. lol anyway i listed these signs on ebay. and i'm going to look for more. i am a contractor here in n.e. oregon and i also work part time in te auctionslocally. i cant tell you how many signs , pumps, memorabilia that i let others bid on . so hopefully i wont let that happen again and can let the rest of the world give some of these things i find a great home. you just never know. i'm only 39 and im very busy but i can see myself owning a coupla pumps someday. i can see the dedication that the real gassers have to the hobby-wow! i'm kinda te same way with the stuff i collect , i just dont care what people think lol! anyway here's my intro into the world of petroliana hope you like. 7211828540 7211828228 7211827616 7211827550
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: first post - do you like the signs - Sat Jan 21 2006 12:40 AM
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME
Now you're hooked !
This stuff is addictive, 1 item is never enough.
db

GREAT SIGNS
Posted By: gasoildude Re: first post - do you like the signs - Sat Jan 21 2006 01:33 PM
Welcome to Old Gas. I seen the signs also very nice. Wish I had the cash for those. Like Dick said it goes from 1 to 2 to 20 & so on
Posted By: oltoydoc@vintagegas.com Re: first post - do you like the signs - Sat Jan 21 2006 02:46 PM
Jambo, I'm sure right now you are amazed at what they closed at? I guess that should answer your questions about them being old or new. LOL... Glad you called.
Don

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Vintage Gas
Posted By: gatorgaspumps Re: first post - do you like the signs - Sat Jan 21 2006 03:19 PM
Jambo welcome to old gas if you ever get over to Walla Walla look me up. Richard
Posted By: Pablo Re: first post - do you like the signs - Sat Jan 21 2006 07:33 PM
Jambo,
WOW!! You certainly got top dollar for all your Regal signs. The round porcelain Fortune signs are very rare. But the tin Regent signs?? I was very surprised to see them top a grand.

By the way, as a contractor how did you stumble on to such a great find??

Paul
Posted By: jambo Re: first post - do you like the signs - Sat Jan 21 2006 08:26 PM
i own a fence company here and have 4 - 4 1/2 months off a year. i am part of staff of the local auction house ( about 7 years now) and find all kinds of things to find homes for. i have alot more sigs i havent even seen yet , i will be going through the lot here in the next few weeks ! wish me luck. myself i collect glass floats , hummels , and vintage stereo equipment . but i see the dedication to the hobby the real old gassers have and look to help out with that effort by offering some on this site .
thanks for all the welcome smiles i look forward to the coming years and meeting new people .
Posted By: gasoildude Re: first post - do you like the signs - Sat Jan 21 2006 08:44 PM
Where you from jambo? I would say you got everyones attention with those signs. Keep on hunting & let us keep buying
Posted By: pumpman2 Re: first post - do you like the signs - Mon Jan 23 2006 04:09 PM
Congrats on your items.I have a REGENT
tin pump sign just like the ones you sold
that i took off my first pump only in much
worse shape,about a 30% paint loss.Maybe
I could git 500.LOL

------------------
JERRY
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk