Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Oldgas Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Dec 24 2012 02:11 AM
Support Oldgas.com with bids from here. Thanks!
The list embedded here changes frequently, so check back regularly.
For a different linked list of eBay petroliana items, Click here.

Scroll down within the area of the list to see more items.

If you can't see the list of auctions, please click on "Auctions" in the menu near the top of this page.

Oldgas.com does not warrant the authenticity or value of the auction items shown. We try to filter out fake items, but the scammers know how to fool the system. Be vigilant in watching for tell-tale red flags of misrepresentation.

To return to this list of items after viewing eBay page within the box:
Right click within the box, away from pictures and text.
Choose "Back"

Posted By: Jarvis Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Dec 24 2012 03:18 AM
Can't see then on my iPad
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Dec 24 2012 07:18 AM
Desk Top WORKS GREAT
Posted By: blacktee Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Dec 24 2012 11:28 AM
Originally Posted By: Jarvis

Then go to a real computer ! LOL
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Dec 24 2012 05:29 PM

Same Here???

Jim, do you know why this is that we can't see it on our IPads?
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Dec 24 2012 05:31 PM
Originally Posted By: blacktee

Then go to a real computer ! LOL

I guarantee once you have a iPad you would never buy another Desk Top.
Posted By: st.rod Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Dec 24 2012 09:19 PM
""I guarantee once you have a iPad you would never buy another Desk Top.""

I have an I-Pad, it ain't a computer
Posted By: dundign Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Dec 24 2012 09:22 PM
That is funny on my Ipad that is all that comes up when you go to Shop talk..???
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Dec 24 2012 09:34 PM
Remember back when you showed up for work, & they expected your Undivided attention for your shift. No phone calls except on breaks or on your lunch break. Emergency calls were received by the office & relayed to you.
Good reason that McD's, HD, Lowes, Wal Mart, KMart, etc employees DO NOT carry Personal Phones [iPhone, iPad, etc] while "WORKING" & computers in house [HD, Lowes etc have Limited access to outside web sites].
Remember when you went to School to Listen to the Teachers?
Posted By: oillease55 Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Dec 24 2012 11:55 PM
Remember it well DB, If the punishment my teachers gave me back in the day were done today can you say lawsuit. I probably deserved it, I was just a bit mischievious. I can't see it on my rabbit ears tv either Jim whats up with that? ;;;;;;;;Ron Lease
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Thu Dec 27 2012 06:28 PM
I've been working on the code to enable viewing the item list on other devices. In the first post of this topic is a new link "If you don't see the list of items" where it delivers the RSS linked list in a format any Internet device should be able to read, including smart phones and tablets.

Let me know if it is working OK on your non-PC device.
Posted By: bustermonty Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Thu Dec 27 2012 06:38 PM
Can see the listing but can't see the photos unless I click the link on my Iphone 4s
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Thu Dec 27 2012 08:16 PM
Jim,I can't see it on this post,but if I click either of the links,it comes up,and the pictures are there on my iPad .. Are you guys looking hard enough? iPads aren't a PC,but like Jason,I hardly ever use my pc anymore.basically,you can't do a complex program,but apps do just about as much or more.and no security problems!not saying it can't happen,but I've had no problems in a year and a half. Oh yeah,works on iPhone also,but just have to click the links(. Click here,or click here for mobile friendly display)
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Thu Dec 27 2012 09:49 PM
Originally Posted By: oldnfuelish
Click here,or click here for mobile friendly display)

Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click!
DAMN, How many times do I have to CLICK for Some Thing to Happen?
Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, ...........
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Thu Dec 27 2012 10:01 PM
Once! At least on my iPad,all my pictures show right side up! Lol!
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Fri Dec 28 2012 12:19 AM
Thanks so much, guys.

The computer code in the box in the first post is not iPhone, iPad or Android compatible, but it is OK for regular computer browsers. By clicking the links, the same live RSS feed from eBay is displayed in a basic format that should be compatible with any Internet device.

http://www.oldgas.com/auctions.php

I'll tweak it to add some different petro items as I have time.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Dec 31 2012 07:45 PM
I want to like this post and believe I will once I understand something. Who decides what signs make this posting/list? And is it fair to assume that if a sign makes this list, then it is presumed to be authentic by this web site?
Please excuse my ignorance if this is a stupid question.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Dec 31 2012 09:23 PM
Not a bad question at all.

First and foremost, Any item appearing on this list is not endorsed or guaranteed to be original by Oldgas.com. Interested bidders should use the same logic as with any eBay auction.

I write a search query that attempts to present a results list with "this NOT that" language so the results block out many of the items that are a waste of time.

EBay then feeds a linked list of auction items that are within the parameters that I specified. I do not have control over each and every item.

I do this in hope that this optimized search can eliminate most of the junk results from a normal search.

Clicking the links, and bidding to win, can earn Oldgas.com an advertising referral credit that add up to pay the bills to run this site. Thanks to all who spend a little time to bid from the links we provide!
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Tue Jan 01 2013 03:13 PM
Thanks Jim. Perfect explanation!
Posted By: mikey Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Dec 22 2014 02:24 AM
When u bid through old gas do we know they are originals? Just learning no need for me to get a un wanted education. Thanks Mike
Posted By: Keystone Gas Man Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Dec 22 2014 02:42 AM
Theres several Fakes in the links..Buyer beware and ask questions.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Dec 22 2014 03:20 AM
Read my explanation 4 posts up in this topic. I try to block most of the junk on Ebay, but there are sellers who work their ways to get around filters. Buyers should always research and be wary in any purchase.
Posted By: JimT Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Dec 22 2014 08:56 AM
I am nobody as far as being a moderator or spokesman for Oldgas ,but,No- Oldgas can't filter out all the reproduction or over priced stuff or take responsibility for anything like that. You are responsible for doing your own research. Dont be ashamed to ask questions after you have tried to do some research on your own.Sometimes mistakes are the price of an education. Three posts up from your question is the same question you asked. two posts up is the answer to the question you asked.I have an idea. Maybe new members should put their phone numbers in their posts ,then we could text you the answers!
Posted By: mikey Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Dec 22 2014 10:58 PM
Jim thanks for your post, never seen the question asked, missed it. My ph is 760 379 7476 if you need to contact me. Thanks Mike
Posted By: rockytops Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Fri Feb 06 2015 11:51 PM
its working on my ipad...I love this site and yal take care of this site like its your baby! kudos!!!!
Posted By: ninjarobert Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Thu Jan 28 2016 08:00 PM
This is amazing. Does your RSS feed filter out the repos and fakes by chance?
Posted By: Oldgas Moderator Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Fri Jan 29 2016 12:54 AM
Originally Posted By ninjarobert
This is amazing. Does your RSS feed filter out the repos and fakes by chance?

Please read the answer to your question in the posts above.
Posted By: kenr Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Thu Oct 20 2016 01:50 AM
are all these signs originals?
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Mon Nov 14 2016 12:41 AM
Originally Posted By kenr
are all these signs originals?

Please read the answer to your question several posts above on this page.
Posted By: Mikegoe Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Thu Mar 16 2017 11:49 PM
I am just wondering, are all of the porcelain signs posted here on oldgas that are for sale on eBay, authentic? I am interested in a couple but am very gunshot to buy porcelain through eBay but if the signs listed here are from known legitimate sellers, I would be much more inclined to bid. (through oldgas) Thanks!
Posted By: Mikegoe Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Thu Mar 16 2017 11:52 PM
Sorry I should have read through all of the previous posts first. My question seems to have already been answered. Thanks
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Porcelain Signs Right Now on eBay - Sun Aug 27 2017 09:16 PM
Updated the code in the first post of this topic so that the real time list of current auctions works again.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk