Attached picture texbtl.jpg
Posted By: mcguffeyd1 Re: advertised as original? - Tue Mar 25 2014 09:02 AM
Nice coffee jars
Posted By: Steven C. Re: advertised as original? - Tue Mar 25 2014 09:19 AM
I better get a hold of my brother in law before he puts in a bid!! grin
Posted By: Mike M. Re: advertised as original? - Tue Mar 25 2014 06:56 PM
Contacted and reported.

I would love to see the photos they have of:
"We have also been able to find photos of these same style bottles in the collections of some very knowledgeable Texaco collectors."
Posted By: Mike M. Re: advertised as original? - Tue Mar 25 2014 09:10 PM
Message and photo I just got from seller:

"Hi Mike, I have been researching these all day. One of these from the collection of Don Bruce was sold at auction in Canada. Another was sold thru a Kovel auction. I've attached a picture from the auction in Canada. I'm not a subscriber to Kovel so I can't get any more info from them. The bottom of the bottle has the number 1028 and a symbol that I can't identify. I may be mistaken but I think this dates the bottle to 1928 which would be about the right age. I've also asked several people to tell me or show me the reference that they are using to determine if this is real or not and no one has responded with anything other than because they haven't ever seen one. If you can help I will be more than happy to add that info to the sale. Thanks, Pat"

Attached picture TEXACO.jpg
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: advertised as original? - Wed Mar 26 2014 12:24 AM
Pat, Since you have made contact w/ seller, inform them they are OLD JUDGE COFFEE JARS & did have O.J. paper labels.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: advertised as original? - Wed Mar 26 2014 01:34 AM
Dick I'm Mike but I did let Pat (the E-bay seller) know that they are coffee jars. lol
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk