Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: bcr2037 "NEW DIXIE Lines" Round Sign? - Thu Feb 25 2016 12:41 PM
I have never seen this sign nor could I find any info on google. Sorry for poor quality photo, but it will help identify it a little. I believe it to be a railroad sign. It says on sign "NEW DIXIE LINES" Richmond Virginia. And around perimeter it says "Virginia * North and South Carolina * Georgia". The sign is approx. 26" round. Any info would be appreciated, rarity, and value?.

Attached picture new dixie sign 001.JPG
Posted By: Lola5366 Re: "NEW DIXIE Lines" Round Sign? - Mon Oct 23 2017 05:39 PM
I found the EXACT same sign somewhat buried in the ground at my house. Let me find a pic. My sign LOOKS like it says NEW DIXIE LLNES (not Lines) let me know if you’ve found anything out [img]http://98DD6935-3D9C-424D-A7B2-99E26680D6D8[/img]
Posted By: we're the other guys Re: "NEW DIXIE Lines" Round Sign? - Tue Oct 24 2017 08:28 AM
Could it possibility be a bus line?
Posted By: hawkike Re: "NEW DIXIE Lines" Round Sign? - Tue Oct 24 2017 01:00 PM
OR--trucking co.?
Posted By: Mike58 Re: "NEW DIXIE Lines" Round Sign? - Fri Apr 19 2019 01:21 PM
Good Morning. A little late in responding but New Dixie Lines was an LTL trucking company based in Richmond, VA, founded in 1945 by brothers Bill and Archie Grinnells and J. David Brothers. It was sold to Hemingway Transport of New Bedford, MA in 1969. Both my Father and Grandfather worked for New Dixie, my Grandfather opening and operating the first facility in North Carolina (Rocky Mount) and my Father was the Terminal Manager in Richmond from 1965 until the sale to Hemingway in 1969. Not sure of the actual value but would be interested in purchasing if still available. Please let me know if interested and thank you in advance.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: "NEW DIXIE Lines" Round Sign? - Sat Apr 27 2019 04:34 AM
Mike,

Even though it's an older post. Very nice of you to reply. Everyone who reads this from now on will not have to question where the sign came from, if they find one as well. Glad you contributed anyway, it always helps future collectors and you posted some detailed info.

-Steve
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk