Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Cold Pizza North Dakota - Wed Dec 07 2016 09:36 PM
This was one of our news stories here today.Kevin,I feel for you. wink

"And we think Chicago weather is bad...
Imagine opening up your front door to be greeted by this wall of snow.
Lauren Otradovec of Glenburn,North Dakota took this picture yesterday during a big snowstorm."

Attached picture dakotanorth.jpg
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: North Dakota - Wed Dec 07 2016 09:43 PM
I had a picture from my place years ago that looked like that. The snow had drifted up just like that!
Posted By: intagas Re: North Dakota - Thu Dec 08 2016 10:20 AM
No thanks.
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: North Dakota - Thu Dec 08 2016 12:13 PM
Now I think I've seen something worse than a salesman at the door!
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: North Dakota - Thu Dec 08 2016 12:16 PM
After last year's so-called winter, it's nice that it's returning to "normal" on the US and CND prairies. Thankfully I don't have to experience it. DB would ask about the white stuff (is that salt?) and report in his bare feet that it was 78 at the home office
Posted By: gatorgaspumps Re: North Dakota - Thu Dec 08 2016 02:50 PM
Picture made the national news in our area last night. 9 last night, calling for snow every day for the next week. Richard
Posted By: Fasturn402 Re: North Dakota - Thu Dec 08 2016 10:27 PM
I have seen this scenario before. Always wondered, How do you get out of the door? Wife would kill me if I started shoveling snow inside the house. Can you dig a tunnel?
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: North Dakota - Fri Dec 09 2016 12:36 AM
They showed the owner walk through the wall of snow..It was only an inch or so thick.You can see sunlight out the top of it.
Posted By: Nicole Re: North Dakota - Fri Dec 09 2016 04:27 AM
On the plus side - as long as it's not so thick on the roof that you have to worry about structural issues, it will insulate the house from those winds.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: North Dakota - Sat Dec 10 2016 08:48 PM
There have been instances in this country, where the snow storm was so intense and heavy, that residents had to climb out of an upstairs window in order to get the yard cleaned up and the door shoveled out!
I was gone out to Detroit for a couple days, and while I was gone, the big lake froze completely over! I guess we will have ice fishing after all!

Attached picture IMG_4005.JPG
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: North Dakota - Mon Dec 12 2016 01:44 AM
Dang!! That doesnt look fun at all lol
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk