Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Nicole Snowy Saturday - Sat Jan 07 2017 02:57 AM
Well we went from a light dusting to a prediction of 8 to 9 inches. We'll be in the 50's by mid week, so our crazy winter continues...

That's ok 'cause I found my 2nd Edition Gas Pump Book! I had packed it away two years ago for a move and have been looking for it ever since. So in addition to making pie, bread and soup while watching the snow, I'll be perusing oldgas with book by my side, looking up any unusual pumps members post.

We are blessed in that our generators are ready, the fridge is stocked and we have nowhere to go. Will update to see if the snow predictions hold. But I know further south, there's gonna be some real problems snowwise.

Hope you all stay safe...
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Snowy Saturday - Sat Jan 07 2017 11:48 AM
Good morning gang!

Up and heading to the ski hill to patrol this morning. It is chilly out, well below zero.

I gotta run, have a good day everybody!
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Snowy Saturday - Sat Jan 07 2017 12:41 PM
Hello All,
Awoke to 3 degrees this morning, with windchills well below zero. Oddly enough, by Tuesday we're supposed to see temps in the 40's! It seems this will be one of those up and down winters.
Not a lot planned for the weekend myself, but when you live alone there's always cleaning and things of that nature to do.
Have a good day all,
Darin
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Snowy Saturday - Sat Jan 07 2017 03:08 PM
Morning all! 17 degrees below this morning and headed for a balmy 2 above! At least the wind is calm and that makes it bearable!
Lots to do today, as always, and then a birthday party later for the young son of a friend.
Have a great day on me!!--KEVIN
Posted By: Let er' Buck Re: Snowy Saturday - Sat Jan 07 2017 04:30 PM
After yesterdays -30 without the wind chill figured in that put it to -44, so the 19 degrees now feels great...
Stay warm out there everyone.
Posted By: Nicole Re: Snowy Saturday - Sun Jan 08 2017 01:55 AM
We got 8 inches, and I can't complain with my current temp of 19 degree (9 degree with wind chill) temps, compared to you all!

We wont go above freezing until Tuesday, so we'll be able to enjoy it for a little while - snow usually does not stick around much in my area of Maryland.

I was just thinking when I was younger, I'd be at the ski slopes or around an oil drum fire smoking - um - stuff and drinking schnapps with friends enjoying the moon light. Now I'm happy to look at the moon shine on my back yard from the warmth of my home.

I am blessed to have a warm home to live in when so many in this world do not...
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk