Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: ironheadtom We're moving :) Anybody here live in Kentucky? - Tue Oct 16 2018 03:36 PM
Looks like we're finally getting the heck out of California. The only thing I like about it here anymore is the weather. I know there's a lot of humidity, but I'm willing to deal with it. Can't wait. If everything goes right we'll be moving to Frankfurt ( near Lexington) . Interested in any input . Really looking forward to checking out swap meets in the east. Tom
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: We're moving :) Anybody here live in Kentucky? - Tue Oct 16 2018 09:46 PM
Tom, That area of Kentucky,is beautiful. Actually, most of Kentucky is terrific. Close to Dixie Gas and Columbus....I understand that there are a bunch of folks leaving California? That's too bad. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
I am 45 minutes from Frankfort, be sure to let us know when you get moved. It is centrally located and close to a lot of the swap meets.
Posted By: ironheadtom Re: We're moving :) Anybody here live in Kentucky? - Tue Oct 16 2018 11:06 PM
Thanks. Can't wait
You think people are moving from Calif. Try all the people moving from Portland Oregon to Idaho or Just across the river here. People are tired of the cost of everything that goes with big cities.
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: We're moving :) Anybody here live in Kentucky? - Wed Oct 17 2018 08:01 PM
Several Oldgasers in KY. Phill came to mind right off. Think I would be over stepping to post others without their blessing.

You going to love Dixie Gas and the trip there,1st time you go spend a week in the mountains. and venture over in to North Carolina.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: We're moving :) Anybody here live in Kentucky? - Thu Oct 18 2018 06:57 AM
Dixie Gas and Columbus are great. We went to Dixie Gas and stayed in a log cabin near Pigeon Forge for a week. The Smoky Mountains are beautiful. Same weekend as the Pigeon Forge car show. Almost bought another Chevrolet pick up.

I’m from Michigan, but love that area. I want to move there too.

I set up a big display at the Columbus show. Be sure to stop by and say hi.

-Steve
Posted By: KYGULF Re: We're moving :) Anybody here live in Kentucky? - Thu Oct 18 2018 02:37 PM
I'm about 15 min. from Frankfort. Along with the swap meets like Dixie Gas and Columbus there is the Hwy. 127 yard sale the first week of Aug. that runs through KY and goes through Frankfort. You can find petro items at different locations throughout the state during it. Also KY. Speedway NASCAR track is about 45 min. to an hour north of Frankfort.

Thanks
Brian
Posted By: ironheadtom Re: We're moving :) Anybody here live in Kentucky? - Mon Nov 05 2018 02:53 PM
Thanks y'all smile
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk