Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: AzBoneyard Help with sign - Tue Oct 20 2020 04:17 PM
This one's an odd one! Client sent me these, said he picked it up in Poland awhile ago, and wants to know if it could be authentic. I know it's not gas and oil here, but I haven't found anything online like it, and was curious on you all's thoughts!

Attached picture IMG_7968.PNG
Attached picture IMG_7966.PNG
Attached picture IMG_7967.PNG
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Help with sign - Tue Oct 20 2020 08:21 PM
I'm getting the fantasy item vibe but who knows. There are no sales of anything like this when I put it into a sales search. Just seems odd they would have made signs like this for advertising Hitlers bunker. The rust stains look kind of fake to me too,
Posted By: Sgoldie Re: Help with sign - Thu Oct 29 2020 09:48 AM
For some odd reason these signs are produced. You can find them in European flea markets, I remember seeing them in Vienna so Poland wouldn’t surprise me. The buildings above the bunker were destroyed at the end of WWII and the bunker was mostly forgotten until new construction in the 1980s. The site did not have a sign until the mid 2000s. I think this is one of many fantasy designs.
Posted By: Sydney L Re: Help with sign - Sat Oct 31 2020 04:01 AM
Fake Third Reich porcelain signs are showing up everywhere currently. Most are being produced out of Poland. This is an absolute fantasy piece.

Sydney
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk