Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: bruzer75 Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 12:29 AM
Sorry to be a downer but my family is in need of prayers, thoughts and hope. My Son David was without oxygen to his brain on New Years Morning. He is presently in a comma and has brain damage. I am keeping it as simple as I can due to the emotional state I am in. I may not be able to respond to any messages but Thanks to all the oldgas members for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful internet family.
Love & Friendship,
Mike & Michelle
Posted By: SODAMAMAK Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 12:35 AM
Sorry to hear that buzer,
Payers are with you..
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 12:38 AM
Mike & Michelle,
David and your entire family are in our prayers, for strength, peace and possibly a miracle.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 12:57 AM
Sorry to hear that Mike, he'll be in my thoughts.
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 01:00 AM
MIKE & MICHELLE, BE STRONG AND PRAY FOR THE BEST. I WILL DO THE SAME AND HOPE THAT ALL TURNS OUT WELL. SORRY TO HEAR OF THIS.
Posted By: George Sager Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 01:15 AM
Thoughts and prayers from here for David and the rest of the family so sorry George.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 01:17 AM
Mike, I'm truly sorry that David has not gotten better. He, you and Michelle have gone through more than enough with the loss of his son and your grandchild in the last 13 months or so. My prayers are with David, you, Michelle and your family.
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 01:17 AM
Its the least I can do...
Posted By: Jack R Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 01:18 AM
Mike, thoughts and prayers for david and your family . Jack
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 01:21 AM
Mike you & Michelle are in our prayers. I pray everything will come out ok for your son.
Posted By: st.rod Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 01:46 AM
Right here Brother with thoughts prayer and anything we can do!

Larry & Bobbi
Posted By: texaspelican Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 01:47 AM
Please hang in there my friend. Miss Susan and I will pray for your son and for all the blessings that you and Michelle deserve.
God bless your entire family
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 01:48 AM
Thoughts and prayers from the Frith family! May the good lord watch over yours!
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 01:54 AM
Mike & Michelle
Our continued prayers are with you and your son.
Posted By: HI-OCTANE Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 02:12 AM
Hope every thing works out. and best of luck. To him.
Posted By: roadrelics Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 02:28 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about your son's condition & what you are going thru...our prayers are with you & your family....may God bless you....
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 02:30 AM
Prayers sent up to our Great Physician to heal David. May God wrap His arms around you and Michelle and give you strength.

Brian
Posted By: gatorgaspumps Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 04:47 AM
Mike and Michelle our thoughts and prayers are with you. Richard
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 05:40 AM
Mike, I'll be praying for David and family.
Posted By: Ohio Oil Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 05:49 AM
Mike: prayers from Ohio.
Posted By: Jay Leeper Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 05:59 AM
I'm very sorry, consider it done
Posted By: garagejunkie Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 10:29 AM
Prayers from South Dakota.
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 11:32 AM
I'm praying for him also Mike, Take Care
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 12:04 PM
also prayers from us,mick maria and steven.
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 01:01 PM
Mike, prayers to you and your family from KY. I hope he gets better fast, hang in there buddy.
Posted By: signaholic Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 02:22 PM
Mike

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours during a difficult time.

Bob
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 04:05 PM
Boy guys, I am really sorry to hear about this. Our thoughts are with you.

Ryan
Posted By: Alex Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 04:18 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.
Posted By: Vermonter Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 09:22 PM
Mike and family,
I think its safe to say that you have a lot of prayers and support comming your way from everyone here.
John
Posted By: PETRO NUT Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 10:31 PM
Prayers from minnesota.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 11:11 PM
Two more sets of prayers via Illinois..
Posted By: mike's48 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 04 2010 11:42 PM
Thoughts and prayers from VA, Mike
God Bless
Posted By: JOSBORN Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Jan 05 2010 12:03 AM
Mike,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jerry & Sharon
Posted By: bmclemore Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Jan 05 2010 12:11 AM
Sorry to hear about that Mike, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Barry
Posted By: Signal Oil Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Jan 05 2010 12:56 AM
Here is a prayer from Washington.

Scot
Posted By: quincy oil&gas Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Jan 05 2010 01:33 AM
Mike prayers for David from my family.
Posted By: tulareone Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Jan 05 2010 03:27 AM
mike & michelle sorry to here prayer sent for your boy and family stay postive
Posted By: wads Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Jan 05 2010 12:06 PM
Mike and Michelle, my prayers to you and your family.
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Jan 06 2010 01:29 PM
Has any one heard how David is Doing?
Posted By: +Chris Holt Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Jan 06 2010 02:14 PM
Danielle and I are so sorry to hear this news Mike , we will pray hard for you and your family.
Posted By: marxmobilgas Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Jan 06 2010 02:31 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Texas
Mark
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Jan 06 2010 02:42 PM
Mike i am sorry to here about your son. Prayers go out to you and the family. We will keep you in our thoughts!
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Jan 06 2010 06:16 PM
Howdy Gang,
It is hard to update when the news is not good but here we go.
David is not doing any better. The Doctors don't have much hope. Has no response and the movements he does do just confirm major brain damage. I have not lost hope but I am doing my best to accept whatever God's will is. Of coarse I want a full recovery but I have to accept the alternative if that is to be. I have to be honest "this really sucks!"
We have been working at keeping our spirits up and knowing that all the oldgassers are sending prayers and support has kept us going. The amount of LOVE that has been sent is amazing and a true blessing. THANK YOU,
Mike
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Jan 06 2010 07:00 PM
Mike I was wishing for a better update myself. I really dont know what to say but I will say this ALL of us here are on your side & the prayers will keep coming & coming. Sometimes Gods will is a real hard thing for us to except but he has his reasons wither we like them or not. Thinking of all of you Mike. Take care Brad smile
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Jan 06 2010 07:50 PM
Mike--I was so hoping that your update would bring better news and I'm saddened to hear that "miracle" we were praying for, has not happened yet! I realize how down you must feel but theres always hope that he can come out of this yet! It hasn't been that long since it happened and sometimes the human body takes its own sweet time to repair!
The good lord has his own way with the paths our lives will follow and we can only pray that he has furthur intentions for your son! My wife and I continue to think about this event daily and our prayers are with David and your family.
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Jan 06 2010 08:14 PM
Mike
If there is any thing we can do to help out from Spokane let us know. Dont know what part of Idaho your in but any thing we could do let us know. Our prayers will continue.
Rick & Jeannie Nelson
Posted By: Vermonter Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Jan 06 2010 09:32 PM
Mike,
Dont know what to say except to tell you that we all feel for you and hope that brings some comfort.
John
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Jan 06 2010 09:46 PM
Mike,
Is he old enough to be married and have kids? I can't imagine what you are going through. I am sorry.
Posted By: bppierce Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Jan 07 2010 02:27 AM
My heart goes out to you and your family.
Posted By: DuceCpe Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Jan 07 2010 03:18 AM
Mike
More prayers from Colorado... God be with you and your family in these difficult times.
Ric
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Jan 07 2010 04:44 AM
To answer a few questions.
My Son is 23 years old, married with one surviving son named Ayden. January 1, 2009 his 3 month old Son, Jayvas, passed away. This is the second year in a row that Michelle and I have been in Coeur D' Alene, Idaho for a tragedy in our lives. If I ever get the chance Rick (hillside) I would like to visit you.
Thanks for all the support and prayers,
Mike
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Jan 07 2010 04:58 AM
Mike, once again we are praying for you here at my home.
Posted By: Tara Worsham Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Jan 07 2010 07:52 PM
I've been away from the computer for several days and just read this thread. I'm so sorry to hear this, Mike. My prayers will be with David and you, Michelle and the rest of the family. May God be with you and comfort you.
Posted By: Fueluser Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Jan 07 2010 08:57 PM
Mike, somehow I missed this thread, Jennevieve and I will keep your your family and especially your son in our prayers. John
Posted By: oilmanpat Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Fri Jan 08 2010 12:52 AM
Mike,may God be with you and your family as you go through this.
Posted By: leonardoil Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 11 2010 03:30 PM
Hi Mike
I don't always get into all the sections,just seen this this morning.Your son and family are in our hearts.How's he doing?
jim
Posted By: Hemibird Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jan 11 2010 10:04 PM
Mike,
Worst pain is seeing a child, no matter what age, having serious medical issues. My prayers go out to you. Stay positive.
sincerely
Chuck
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Jan 12 2010 05:35 AM
I can't tell you how much the prayers and thoughts help. God is the only thing that gets me through the day. It really hurts to see him go through the muscle spasms, the heart rate spikes, sweat beading off his face, cough spells that almost lift him off the bed and still in a coma. He started grinding his teeth today and before they could get a mouth piece in place, he had one of his front teeth knocked out. Now he has a mouth piece taped to his face so his tongue won't push it out.
Time for sleep, tomorrow will be a new day.
Mike
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Jan 12 2010 01:53 PM
Mike, I'm so sorry what David, you, Michelle, and your family are going through. My grandpa was in a coma for a few days and had the muscle spasms and that is very tough to see. God will provide you strength. He is in total control of your situation. When I've gone through things in my life I've found it's easier to let Him be in control of it because His power and strength are alot more sufficient then ours. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all and I pray that David will be healed.

Brian
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Jan 12 2010 02:18 PM
Amen
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Fri Jan 29 2010 03:19 AM
Michelle and I saw David over the weekend. Medical staff said he is still in a coma. There seemed to be a difference in opinions as to how he is doing between some of the medical staff and family & friends. David's best friend, Brandon, made a web site for him.
http://getwelldavid.com/
I can be contacted directly if anyone desires my opinion. I will continue to pray to God and ask for comfort as we go through this. Michelle read that King Solomon chose Knowledge from God but I am afraid my pea brain couldn't handle the knowledge it would take to get through this so I pray for comfort.
Thank you for all the Love, Support and Prayers,
Mike
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Fri Jan 29 2010 04:21 AM
Mike,We are praying and thinking of you and your family.From your friends in Arkansas.Mark
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Feb 09 2010 06:03 AM
Update:
Howdy all,
Spent the weekend visiting David. Our friends Aaron & Kelly were heading up to see David so we figured we would tag along. He is making changes and improvements. Physically he is doing great. Completely breathing on his own and the tracheotomy tube has been removed and will be fully healed in a couple of weeks. Talking with the Nurse Practitioner he is still considered in a mild coma. He does everything that can be done in the Level II of the Ranchos scale.
I do not want to end the update on a sad note. Before I talk about our Saturday visit I will say now when we left on Sunday, David is still posturing very much and that is not good. I noticed he was not doing the decerebrate posturing this visit but is doing the decorticate posturing. At this time he is still unable to follow a simple command, does not follow with his eyes consistently and does not recognize family or friends. However, he does have this awareness about him. You get the feeling he knows when people are present. Being able to breath through his mouth he can make noise now. Ashley said he can get loud too. I got the feeling he is like a child who makes noise and sounds because he can and this should improve as he relearns how. He does make noise when people are talking with him and you get the impression he is trying to be part of the conversation. It is still early and as he progresses he will have good days and less than good days. For weeks something kept bugging me about having a Baptism for David so on Saturday we had a Baptism for him. Afterwards the nurses got him in a special wheelchair and we went outside in the fresh air. In the chair, David leans to his left side and kept Ashley, Kelly and Michelle busy holding his head up. David actually laughed as Kelly and Michelle were switching positions to hold his head. As we started back inside David laughed again as his Momma pushed the chair. It was a very good visit that day.
Without all the prayer, thoughts and support from God, our Friends and our Family this would be an impossible road to travel for us.
Thank you for being there with us,
Mike & Michelle
Posted By: signaholic Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Feb 09 2010 03:08 PM
Thanks Mike for the update on David. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Bob
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Feb 09 2010 04:28 PM
Thanks Mike--David has been on my mind a lot lately! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
KEVIN
Posted By: Tara Worsham Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Feb 09 2010 08:00 PM
Thanks for the update. I've been praying for all of you and will continue to do so. Keep us posted!
Posted By: Vermonter Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Feb 09 2010 08:38 PM
Mike and Michelle,
This must be so difficult for you and hope you get some comfort knowing that you have your friends and people you dont even know pulling for your son and your whole family. I cant imagine going through it, and admire the way you are keeping it together.
John
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Feb 10 2010 12:13 AM
Mike and Michelle, my family will continue to pray for you and David. I hope for the best for you all.
Posted By: Dale Stephens Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Feb 10 2010 02:56 AM
Mike:
I just noticed this thread. So sorry for your situation. Prayers are sent up for David, You and Michelle and anyone affected by this. May GOD bless in this time of distress. GOD will take care of him and will be real to you. All you have to do is believe.

My wife and I were faced with the loss of our youngest son February 27, 2007 (he was 28)and if it had not been for the prayers of family and friends I don't think we could have made it. Just hang in there and know that everyone will be praying for you all....Dale
Posted By: sanford Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Feb 10 2010 03:06 AM
Mike, my heart and prayers go out to you. Reading this makes the problems that most of us stress over in our daily lives seem pretty minor in the comparison. I hope that the prayers will be answered your son can make a full recovery.
Tony
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Feb 10 2010 05:53 PM
Mike, our thoughts and prayers continue to go out to you and Michelle. Our Great Physician will heal David. Glad there is improvement and we'll continue to pray for more and more improvement.

Brian
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Fri Feb 12 2010 12:53 AM
Mike thanks for the update. I pray things keep getting better for him smile
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Feb 18 2010 05:38 AM
Had a video call with David and Ashley today. Modern technology and computers allowed us to see and talk with David and Ashley. Ashley said that the Therapist was very happy today. They were asking David the names of his Wife, Son, Mom, Dad and the In-Laws. He is actually trying to say all our names! It is not perfect speech yet but you get a pretty good feeling that it sounds like the names. He can pronounce his Son Ayden the best. He looks all over the room and moves his head a lot. Turns to sound very well. I can't tell if he can see us because his pupils are dilated but his eyes stay open. He can smile, blink and stick out his tongue on command most of the time. Ashley e-mailed us back and told us that David got his Grandparent's names too. She asked him and he got them all and said Caye very well (Caye is my Mom). Still very early stages of the recovery process but at least there seems to be a light on. We will head over next week and see him. A big Thanks to God, our Family and Friends for all the prayers, thoughts and comfort everyone has sent David's way.
Love & Friendship,
Mike
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Feb 18 2010 05:50 AM
That's great news Mike ! I'm still praying for a complete recovery.
Posted By: Jack R Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Feb 18 2010 06:21 AM
That is great news Mike,We will continue sending prayers from Nevada
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Feb 18 2010 07:43 AM
Good to hear Mike. We will continue to pray for you and your family.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Feb 18 2010 11:22 AM
great news mike and michelle!!! prayers continued from here also!!
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Feb 18 2010 12:23 PM
Mike, that is awesome! Our prayers will continue for more improvement and a complete recovery!

Brian
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Feb 18 2010 12:31 PM
Wonderful news Mike, may the recovery be a short one!
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Feb 18 2010 12:41 PM
That is Great News Mike!!!! Will continue to Pray also..
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Feb 18 2010 01:17 PM
Mike
I was thinking about David last night as I was falling asleep. I wanted to email asking for an update this morning. Presto!! there it was waiting to be read. It was a very nice positive thing to read your update. Our prayers will continue for David and I hope you two are doing OK.
Rick & Jeannie Nelson
Posted By: marxmobilgas Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Feb 18 2010 02:38 PM
Bruzer,
Just remember God is in control of David.
Nothing is a surprise to Him, nothing too impossible for Him to overcome. Prayers are working!

Congratulations on his continued recovery from Texas.

Mark
Posted By: signaholic Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Feb 18 2010 03:23 PM
Great news Mike! I hope David continues to improve.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Feb 18 2010 06:28 PM
Very glad to hear this news..Prayers work.
Posted By: Vermonter Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Feb 18 2010 09:49 PM
That sounds really promising. Glad you have some good news Mike.
John
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Feb 18 2010 09:51 PM
Great news there Mike smile
Posted By: Tara Worsham Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Feb 18 2010 11:24 PM
Glad to hear that David is making improvements. I will continue to keep him in my prayers.
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Fri Feb 19 2010 12:05 AM
Great news Mike, enough prayers are answered.
Posted By: Dale Stephens Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Fri Feb 19 2010 02:11 AM
Great news Mike. Will still remember him and your family....Dale
Posted By: 67Chev4X4 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Fri Feb 19 2010 07:39 AM
I'm not very religious but I'm pulling for him all the way. Thanks for the update. Mitch
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Feb 24 2010 05:01 AM
Howdy everybody,
First off I have to give thanks to God and everyone that sent out prayers, thoughts, and support. David is actually saying ours names now. His talking is very slow and sometimes hard to understand. It took about 1/2 hour for him to wake up so his mind needs more time to get going, but his Momma was having a conversation with him this morning. His Momma loves seeing him smile, laugh and joke. He still has a good year of recovery ahead of him. We are pretty sure he is not able to see much right now. He does react to light and they will have an eye Doctor exam him. He does not have control of his body movements. He can grip on items and helps when they need to turn him but this will require lots of physical therapy to regain use. Have not been able to talk with an actual Doctor yet but it is very nice to actually hear our Son talk for himself again.
Once again a BIG THANKS to God and all the oldgas community for all the prayers, love, thoughts and support.
Mike
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Feb 24 2010 05:56 AM
Excellent news Mike!!! Hopefully the progression towards health will be more pronounced and easier to track.
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Feb 24 2010 11:30 AM
GREAT TO HEAR MIKE. NOW IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PROGRESS....HOPE IT'S ALL POSITIVE FOR DAVID AND THE REST OF YOU.
Posted By: archer2 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Feb 24 2010 11:37 AM
Glad to hear the good news Mike.
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Feb 24 2010 03:07 PM
Thanks for the update Mike. Glad to keep hear good progress for David! Thoughts and prayers will continue for your family during this time of healing.

Brian
Posted By: signaholic Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Feb 24 2010 03:23 PM
Great news Mike! Hope David keeps improving.
Posted By: Tara Worsham Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Feb 24 2010 03:54 PM
Awesome news. Be sure to continue updating us on his progress. I've been thinking about him and it's nice to hear how things are progressing.
Posted By: Jack R Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Feb 24 2010 07:01 PM
Mike, Thanks for the update on David's progress. will keep praying for you and your family.
Posted By: Dale Stephens Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Feb 25 2010 12:07 AM
Mike:
Good news. Prayer changes things....Dale
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Feb 25 2010 02:05 AM
Glad to hear the good news there Mike smile
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Mar 01 2010 12:32 AM
Got home last night from seeing David. Was able to spend a week this time.

Before I begin again, I want to THANK God, Family, Friends and all who have sent prayers, thoughts, comfort and hope. Since January 1st, this has been the best trip to see David. David is able to say all our names. He is able to ask questions and give answers. Some things are very hard to understand but some things you can tell what he is saying too. His Momma and him had a good conversation on Monday. He takes a long time to get going in the morning. His eyes are open but all you get is "Hi" and "I love you". He can tell by the sound of our voices who we are. Unfortunately I believe he is unable to see at this time. He does turn to sound very well. He has lost about 40 pounds so far and weighs 129 pounds. He has maintained some muscles on his arms but his legs are so tiny. We'll continue to pray.

One morning we were sitting with David and talking about the Rubicon Trail. He said he remembered going (He was 4 or 5 then). I asked who we went with and he replied, "Mitch". Tears came right to my eyes because we had gone with Mitch, my buddy from the Marine Corps. He also asked us if his Uncle Quint still worked on the Ranch in Silver Lake. We told him yes and that Uncle Quint and Andy had come up to see him in the hospital. Along with his Grandparents and Cousins Sara and Quint. We told him that Uncle Quint would be back up but the cows were having babies now and he responded, "Baby cows are cute". We asked him if he remembered his concrete boss and he said, "Aaron Porter". Michelle got her parents on speaker phone with David and he had a BIG smile as he said "Hi" and talked with them. His Cousin Quint called and David was happy to hear from him too. Brought more tears.

When David is fully awake he is very aware. He has asked many times, "What happened?" I say, "David, you get better first and then I will tell you what I know." This has always seemed to work because he will respond, "OK" and calms down if he has gotten agitated. I may never know the whole truth but I will not lie to my Son about what I do know. I do not believe this is the time to say anything. I feel all his energy is needed to get better. I will pray for those that might choose to make up a story to tell David. We are all trying to get through this the best we can and that is why I will continue to pray to God.

He was moved to St. Luke's Rehabilitation in Spokane, WA on Friday. They will work with him 7 days a week. One of the nurses said she expected him to be there at least 8 weeks. He'll get dressed every morning and have 3 hours of therapy during the day. Visitors are always welcome but during the day the therapy comes first so they said evenings work best.

It really amazes me how far he has come. I can't say it has been a short time because 2 months have past but he is making some very good progress. David was visited by a young man, named Nick, that suffered a brain injury from a car wreck January 2008. Nick was in and out of a coma for 3 to 4 months and took his first steps almost 12 months after his accident. Nick is able to walk with the use of a walker and seems to have all his wits about him. Working on getting his driver's license too. Too early for me to predict where David will end up but it is nice to see that David is here.

Love & Friendship,
Mike
Posted By: blacktee Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Mar 01 2010 11:41 AM
Mike:

Your last post on here about your son David, is the most powerful one I've read over the years on oldgas.

I continue to pray for David, You, your Wife, entire family and circle of Friends.

Thanks for your post.

Doug & Mary Ann Doneth
Posted By: signaholic Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Mar 01 2010 03:25 PM
Mike

Thanks for the update on David. Sounds like there is progress slow but sure. My prayers are still with David, you and your family.

Bob
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Mar 01 2010 07:26 PM
I am so glad to hear things are looking up. Please keep us updated!

Ryan
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Mar 01 2010 07:28 PM
Mike,
I must say your story is very touching as i can only imagine what you must feel. It looks like god has a plan for David and hope he does well with what ever it is!

John
Posted By: wads Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Mar 01 2010 08:15 PM
Mike, I will keep praying David, you and your family. Your story brought a lump to my throat but also smile to my face. Keep believing and praying.
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Mar 02 2010 04:06 PM
Mike, thanks for keeping us updated. His progress is so inspiring and I'm really glad to know he keeps improving. Thoughts and prayers continue for you, Michelle, David and family.

Brian
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Fri Mar 12 2010 06:15 PM
I'll start again by thanking God, Family, Friends and Everyone that has sent prayers, support, encouragement and hope. Had another great visit with David. We are getting better at understanding him and he is getting better with his words. He can initiate conversations and keeps right along with us if he is not tired. He does better if there is no other sounds or lots of people in the room (easily distracted). When we first got there he had special splints on his hands. They keep his wrists and fingers straight and wears them at night. David said he remembered me having to wear splints too. That was 10 years ago! It is great to see the progress David is making. It is small improvements but so far they keep coming. His therapists are working with him at least 3 hours everyday. He is able to eat all his food through his mouth now. If he can keep it up they will pull his feeding tube in about a week. He can eat very well (takes after his Mom! Ha ha)and is up to 152 pounds. They are working on him standing. He has no balance or control yet so it takes at least 2 people to help but they get him on his feet. They also have a special table that they can strap him to and raise him up to his feet also. They work on stretching also. He really enjoys that. Sitting and laying all the time has him very stiff along with the fact his muscles have lots of tone (continuous muscle contraction). They tried working his arms on a pedal machine but that was too much for him right now. He is very challenged in all movements and still unable to see caused by a lack of oxygen to the optic nerve. If all works out he will start the Hyperbaric Chamber (pressurized oxygen) next week. We'll pray that this will help with the optic nerve and his overall condition. One of David's therapists likes to explain how the process of recovery works as he works with David. His body is like that of a new born baby and his brain has to re-learn every movement. For example, they worked for 1/2 hour just to get David to move his knee without moving anything else. And they'll keep doing it over and over until David is able to do that at anytime. This is what it will take for all of David's joints and muscles to eventually work when David needs them too. Long slow process but David is working hard and keeps his spirits up.
Love & Friendship,
Mike
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Fri Mar 12 2010 07:26 PM
I'm glad to read that progress is continuously being made by David, Mike. A long road ahead for him, but I hope the bumps and potholes aren't too many,nor too big. Reading about his progress, helps keep things in perspective, at least for me. I will keep praying for a full recovery and I know others are praying for that as well.
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Fri Mar 12 2010 08:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards
I'm glad to read that progress is continuously being made by David, Mike. A long road ahead for him, but I hope the bumps and potholes aren't too many,nor too big. Reading about his progress, helps keep things in perspective, at least for me. I will keep praying for a full recovery and I know others are praying for that as well.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY smile
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Fri Mar 12 2010 09:36 PM
Thank you Mike. David is often in my thoughts and I'm so glad that progress is still being made!
Posted By: Roger Loupias Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Fri Mar 12 2010 09:40 PM
Sounds like the whole family has got great will power and belief. Someday he can help you in the shop telling you how to bring back to life some Chevron project.........Roger
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Fri Mar 12 2010 10:21 PM
great news mike!!just wonderful hearing of the progress david is making.god bless.mick
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sat Mar 13 2010 03:40 PM
Mike
If you are looking to kill time and want a drive in the country give me a call and stop by. Not much to see but it's something to do. Happy to hear David is doing better. Your experiance has altered the way I think a lot of us have thought about our kids.
I wouldnt want to go through it but you never know what tomorrow might bring.
Rick & Jeannie Nelson
238-6042
Posted By: signaholic Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sat Mar 13 2010 09:08 PM
Great news Mike! David is always in my thoughts and prayers.

Bob
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sun Mar 14 2010 02:52 AM
Mike, thanks for the update. I'm really glad David keeps improving. I had a friend of mine that went through something similar as David is and it's such a blessing when you kept seeing progress. God has His healing hand on him and I continue to pray for a complete recovery. Take care.

Brian
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sun Mar 14 2010 12:46 PM
Thanks for the info Mike, on our way to church in a little bit, will keep him on the prayer list. Hope you guys are holding up well, take care.
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Mar 29 2010 01:12 PM
This update is from 3-27-2010 Talked with David and Ashley over the computer last night. David took a total of 45 steps yesterday. 20 of them were down the hallway with the help of his therapists holding him! He is really working hard for his goal of walking with the use of a walker. I asked more questions about his goal and the walker that would be used. It is a special walker and much more supportive than the walker that we have all seen. Asked more questions about his eyes and still get about the same response. I really feel he is trying to be strong for the people around him and doesn't want to say he can't see. Only time will tell. Still does not have much control in his arms so feeding himself will be awhile. He can get his left arm up to his face but I noticed he does not have much control with his hands. And as I write it occurred to me, what he has done so far is all big muscle groups. It must really take the brain a lot to re-learn the fine motor skills of the hands.
Thanks to GOD, Family, Friends and Everyone.
Love & Friendship,
Mike
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Mar 29 2010 04:34 PM
Hey Mike. Thanks for the update. Glad David is still showing great progress and improvement. The main thing is for him to not get discouraged and depressed if the rehab isn't helping as fast. It would be understandable if he did feel that way from time to time after all he's going through but it's good that he has Ashley there to help him along. Again a friend of mine went through this and his wife was there with him everytime he got discouraged and it made him work that much harder to improve. Our prayers continue for you, Michelle, David and your family.

Brian
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sun Apr 11 2010 04:48 AM
This update is from a week ago. Got it out in email but not to oldgas until now.

Howdy Friends & Family,

Got to surprise David, Ashley and Ayden with another visit. You should have seen the HUGE smile David had when he heard his Momma's voice. It was much needed by the both of them. The Occupational Therapist (Chris) was helping David work with a spoon that morning. David's left arm has less tone (continuous muscle tension) so that is the arm that will be used to help David feed himself. For now all Chris is doing is going through the motions with David. Holding a spoon, putting food on the spoon, moving up to his mouth and getting the food into his mouth. Without being able to see this will help David's brain re-learn that movement. David is completely free from the feeding tube. We found out it had been removed weeks ago. He eats very well and has put back on much needed weight. HE LOOKS GOOD!. Later on while Ashley was feeding him lunch. She put half a cheese sandwich in his left hand. David was able to struggle and get about 3 or 4 bites on his own!

Went to see the Hyperbaric Chamber and David goes Monday through Friday. He will get 40 dives and then take a few months off and resume 40 more. What is a dive? The hyperbaric chamber simulates the pressure a diver gets underwater. I think they said it is the same pressure as going 60 feet underwater. A special bag is placed over David's head and supplies pure oxygen to him and can be regulated during the dive. Lot's of people have asked if this is helping David and the answers vary depending on who you ask. Some of those answers are: Decreased muscle tone, improved speech, possibly able to see shadows or outlines when it is very bright. That is the best answer I have for now but the Doctor did say it could take awhile before you get a good picture.

We got to see David take steps down the hall. It took 3 therapists to help him and to see it made his Momma and I cry. David is working very hard and it is truly amazing the effort he is putting out to continue his progress. He is able to stand and hold himself up but still needs some help with that. He won't make the goal of walking in a walker yet. They had made a goal of using a walker but it takes too much for him to control his legs and arms in the walker at the same time. A little more time is needed.

David's muscle tone is causing his back to curve. His physical therapist (Mark) can get it to straighten out but they are looking at what to do next. We had to leave on Friday so Mark came in 1/2 hour early to work with David. He showed us how to properly move David from the wheelchair to the exercise table and back again. David and him did some standing, moving his weight from one leg to the other and small squats. You have to be ready and quick if David's legs buckle but Mark is very good at catching David. After that was breakfast and David asked the nurse if she would feed him. Michelle spoke up and said we wanted to stay a little bit longer and would help him start. David replied he knew how long of a drive it was and didn't want us to get a late start. We both told him that we were still good on the time. David has a very caring soul and Michelle and I are truly blessed by having such a good man as our Son.

As the tears pour from my eyes, I will close in saying, Many thanks to GOD, Family, Friends and all who send their prayers, thoughts, hope, LOVE, etc... We would be lost without it.

Love & Friendship,
Mike
Posted By: George Sager Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sun Apr 11 2010 11:58 AM
Great new Mike thanks for the update. Will keep him in our thoughts and prayers. God bless you all. George
Posted By: Tara Worsham Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sun Apr 11 2010 02:51 PM
Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about and praying for all of you and wondering how progress was going.
Posted By: Vermonter Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sun Apr 11 2010 08:48 PM
Good to hear Mike.
John
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Apr 12 2010 03:07 PM
Thanks for the update Mike. Glad to see he is still doing good and making great strides. Glad to hear his feeding tube is gone too. Prayers will continue for you, Michelle, David and family for his continued improvement.

Brian
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Apr 27 2010 07:43 PM
David is still making progress. It is small steps but still progress. Has a little more control in his arms and legs and does not seem to get startled as easy. He is having more muscle cramps and tone at times. Thursday was pretty rough on him in the hyperbaric chamber. Lots of cramping, it gets warm inside and he was very sweaty. He got a shower that night. I don't think he has had much progress with his eye sight. He'll say he can't see and also say it is getting better and he can see shadows when it is really bright outside.

A friend of David's took him out to The Golden Corral restaurant on Friday. They invited us but it is too much for me to try and visit and eat with lots of people. I look forward to the quiet times with David. Even if there are lots of people in David's room I will usually excuse myself. You can tell it is hard on David when there is lots of noise and you are trying to visit with him. But, David will have to get used to it. They are young and young people have lots going on. Saturday we were going out for ice cream. David said he wanted Cold Stone Ice Cream. It is an expensive ice cream place and usually not very busy so we figured that would be good for all of us. Well we waited all day for someone to help us and evening came and no one was available to help us out. So I drove down, got it and we had a nice quiet visit in his room. He has been home on a few occasions, with his Wife, and David is scheduled to go home for good this Friday! I believe David is excited and nervous. It will be an adjustment for them all.
So I end this note with a BIG THANKS to GOD, FAMILY, FRIENDS and EVERYONE that has sent thoughts, hope, love support, prayers and just being there for us.
Love & Friendship,
Mike
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Apr 27 2010 07:48 PM
Hey Mike, that is great news! Thanks for the update.
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Apr 27 2010 08:26 PM
Wow Mike! That is great he is coming home Friday! I had mentioned before that I have a friend to go through this similiar thing and when he was able to go home, it definitely made a good difference in his progress. Thanks for the update and prayers will continue for all of you.

Brian
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Apr 27 2010 09:28 PM
Wonderful Mike! I realize that there is a long road ahead of David but with Gods will and the strength of family and friends, he will make the journey in record time! Our prayers are with all of you!---KEVIN
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Apr 27 2010 09:41 PM
glad to hear hes coming home!be it ever so humble,theres no place like home!
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed May 19 2010 02:10 PM
David is finally home as of last Friday. He had a two week extension at St. Lukes to get the house ready and set up in home care. So far this has been very challenging for me because at St. Lukes I could call every day and talk with David. Since his return home I have left 3 messages and had 1 call back. David said he is doing good and getting settled in. He has finished the first session of hyperbaric treatments and will have a couple of months before starting again. I do know that he is still 100% dependent on others for his care so I will continue to pray and be patient. I do not know when I will have anymore information but I will do my best to keep oldgas updated. I want to thank all of the oldgas community for the Love, Support, Friendship and Prayers.
Another BIG THANKS to GOD, oldgas and to all those behind the scenes who have sent prayers, love, support, encouragement, thoughts and friendship. It would be a very lonely road without it.
THANK YOU,
Mike
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed May 19 2010 02:14 PM
Mike--Thank you for the update as David is often on my mind!
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed May 19 2010 10:14 PM
Great news Mike.
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu May 20 2010 12:44 PM
Thanks for the update Mike. I know him being at home will be real beneficial for him. There's no place like home. Prayers will continue for all of you and for David's improvement to continue and the road to recovery to go smoothly.

Brian
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu May 20 2010 05:53 PM
thanks for the update also mike.david continues to be in our prayers,and wishing all of you the very best.mick and maria!
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Dec 28 2011 12:04 PM
WOW, in less than a week we will be two years since David's accident. I am still very challenged but I will try and keep this update as positive as possible.
David is doing good. Wife and him went to China for stem cell therapy, Mother-In-Law took them to Disneyland, they have been camping, fishing and spent weeks at a time with the In-Laws. They seem to have moved on with their lives. David is still blind and wheelchair bound so he is 100% dependent on his Wife for his care.

The oldgas community is in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks to GOD and all oldgas members for the continued outreach. It is much appreciated.
Mike
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Dec 28 2011 04:18 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm still praying for you and your family.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Dec 28 2011 04:36 PM
Mike--Thanks for the update on David! My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Dec 28 2011 06:22 PM
Hi Mike,
It is always difficult during the Christmas season to deal with serious issues that are close to the heart.
I'll pray for strength and peace to accept things that may not change and also for hope for the future.
Posted By: Nicole Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Thu Dec 29 2011 08:17 PM
I hadn't seen this tread until today. What a long way your son has come. Bob and I are adding our prayers to David's list. I hope he still moves forward even if it's just inches at a time instead of miles...

Nicole
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Fri Dec 30 2011 12:20 AM
Mike,you and your family are always in our prayers.mick and Maria
Posted By: JimT Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Fri Dec 30 2011 02:08 AM
Mike, Prayers offered for you and yours from the Tindera family. May our Great God give you acceptance, courage and strength.
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Fri Dec 30 2011 04:16 AM
Had not found this site, when Davids and all your familys up hill battle began. Know it is hard and trying on all love ones ,not only David. We will also say a pray ,and thanks for the update.
Posted By: blacktee Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sat Dec 31 2011 01:32 PM
Be strong this weekend Mike.

Here's David's website again for those that may not of seen it ?

http://getwelldavid.com/

Prayers from the Doneth's
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sat Dec 31 2011 01:56 PM
My prayers from Illinois..
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Tue Jan 03 2012 05:37 PM
Mike and Michelle, prayers continue for David and your family. May God continue to wrap his arms around you all and give you strength and peace.

Brian
Posted By: rvanpelt Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Jan 04 2012 01:08 AM
Thanks for the update, Mike. We pray not only that David continues to improve, but you, Michelle and your whole family stay strong and never give up faith and hope.
Rod and Kathy van Pelt
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Dec 19 2012 05:01 PM
Another year is almost up. God has delivered us once again. David's condition has stayed about the same. The HUGE news I have to report is our new Grand Daughter Jayla. Born in June of this year. What a blessing! THANK YOU LORD!!!

This tragedy has rocked me to my very soul. For those of you that personally know me, you have seen me angry, hurt, confused, betrayed, mentally beaten, cry and much more. If it where not for God, Jesus as my Savior and the Holy Spirit I would not have made it. I give praise to God and turn to Him for all things. I also want to THANK the oldgas community for the Love, prayers, good thoughts and all the support that was poured out in abundance for my family and I. I pray all can find their personal relationship with God. Find out how Jesus can be your Savior too. Sometimes a tragedy is what it takes to get people's attention but I would suggest finding Him before that. This comes form my heart to yours. May God bless us all.
Love & friendship,
Mike
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Dec 19 2012 06:10 PM
Hello Mike . I'll pray for David and your whole family. May God continue to bless your family. Keep the sprit of hope and praise,you up lift us all here with your post.
Posted By: LOWright Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sat Dec 22 2012 01:36 AM
Prayers from the Wright family...
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sat Dec 22 2012 05:14 AM
Prayers from the Taylor family. God bless you and your family
Posted By: kwilal Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sat Dec 22 2012 10:47 PM
Prayers sent.
Ken
Posted By: GULFGLENY Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sun Dec 23 2012 03:51 PM
Prayers sent from us. Thank God for his life.
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sun Jun 09 2013 03:03 PM
I want to send out a Thank You to the oldgas community. You have seen me go through the worst part of my life and I Thank you for the Love, Prayers and Support through it all. Now on to the best part of my life. God has saved me. Jesus Christ is our Savior and carries me through every day. There is a big U-HAUL truck in front of our home because My Son and his family are moving in. They will stay with Michelle and I until they can find a home closer to us. For those that did not know, after my Son's brain injury we had a time that we were not allowed to see our Son. It was the result of a big facebook drama ordeal. Now we are on to greener pastures. God saved my Son, God softened hearts, brought us back together again and God wants all to be saved. For those that do not believe and need a sign or some miracle then look back through these pages and see. I for one will believe. I am sorry for my sinful nature and cannot save myself. I need salvation and "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
I believe Jesus Christ was crucified and died on the cross for OUR salvation. I ask for forgiveness and accept Jesus as my Savior.
Now to start unloading the truck.

May God bless us all,
Mike
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sun Jun 09 2013 03:09 PM
Mike that is great to hear.glad you are a family again.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sun Jun 09 2013 04:13 PM
Fantastic news, Mike! Your situation, at least for me proves that Prayers are answered... They may or may not be answered immediately and maybe not in the way we were looking for or hoping for... But, I do believe they are answered...

I'm glad Michelle's and Your prayers are being answered this way..

Bob
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sun Jun 09 2013 06:09 PM
ALL-RIGHT! Sounds like you your son and family have reached another cross road in the long journey back. Congrates,Gods Speed!
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sun Jun 09 2013 06:25 PM
I hope this is the turning point for healing and a better life for all.
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sun Jun 09 2013 08:56 PM
Thanks for the encouraging update Mike. I've been praying for your family from time to time and was wondering how things were going.

Thanks for your heartfelt testimony !

Jesus is Lord !
Posted By: oilmanpat Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sun Jun 09 2013 11:45 PM
Good news Mike. Hope thing keep going forward.
Posted By: JimT Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jun 10 2013 02:49 AM
Great news Mike. Very encouraging. I can use it. Thank you.
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Mon Jun 10 2013 12:57 PM
That's great Mike. Glad you all are together again. Such a blessing.

Brian
Posted By: Tbirdgas Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Jun 12 2013 01:34 AM
Glad to see things have taken a turn for the better and will continue on this path
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Wed Jun 12 2013 01:58 AM
I often think about David and I'm glad to hear this! God Bless!
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sat May 10 2014 03:13 AM
God has been so wonderful in giving me another chance at life with my Son. Early this morning David and I spoke at the local Men's Mission. A friend from Church is doing a study from the movie "Courageous" at the mission. He invited David and I to speak. We were both nervous but I have to believe the Holy Spirit is working through my Son, David.

Last month David and I entered a 1 mile fun run/walk. Lots of people cheered for David as he walked along. He has a special walker and still needs assistance but he ended up finishing the entire race and more. Thank you to Jesus Christ for being our Lord and Savior.
May our lives glorify God,
Michael
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Prayers for My Son, David Ray CARSON - Sat May 10 2014 03:38 AM
Thanks for this update Mike.

Through God all things are possible.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk