Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Dave's Garage My cars... - Tue Sep 17 2013 06:27 AM
I went to pick up a few signs last month and took my 57 Chevy for the trip into Washington State. Long story short, I ended up selling my truck. Had no intentions of selling it. Here's a photo of the truck from that last trip.

Attached picture rsz_57_chevy_pu-3a.jpg
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Tue Sep 17 2013 06:43 AM
Last week, I stopped by a friends place and ended up buying his car. Again, had no intentions of buying a car. Brought it home yesterday. 1972 Nova 350, 700R, 12bolt 4.10 posi.

Attached picture rsz_72_nova-3.jpg
Attached picture rsz_72_nova-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_72_nova-2.jpg
Attached picture rsz_72_nova-4.jpg
Posted By: redindianguy Re: My cars... - Tue Sep 17 2013 10:50 AM
very cool . keeps it exciting lol
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: My cars... - Tue Sep 17 2013 11:19 AM
I really like that truck. Car is cool too!
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Mon Sep 23 2013 06:06 AM
Found this 1967 Barracuda conv. in a heated underground parkade. It had been parked there for the past 8 years. I was able to track down the owner and I made an offer he was unable to turn down. It was my daughters birthday...luckily we both got presents.

Attached picture rsz_005.jpg
Attached picture rsz_67_bh27-1_.jpg
Attached picture rsz_67_bh27-2.jpg
Attached picture rsz_67_bh27-8.jpg
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Mon Sep 23 2013 06:08 AM
Now I have two 67 Cuda conv's.

Attached picture rsz_67_bh27-11.jpg
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Mon Sep 23 2013 06:19 AM
Here's a few pic'c of the other one. Now, I just gotta find the time to work on it and get it finished. It has 49" of tire stuffed underneath the back.

Attached picture rsz_dsc03939.jpg
Attached picture rsz_dsc03943.jpg
Posted By: 1 BAD ZR1 Re: My cars... - Mon Sep 23 2013 10:48 AM
Dave;
Nice cars, now a "hemi" to top it of :0. I have two complete late 60s hemis on pallets in my warehouse but have plans for them. They are like gold in the bank - right now. Nova is sharp looking and cool. Have to get up that way sometime when I am out in Oregon at the brother in laws and take a drive! Rob
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Mon Sep 23 2013 03:30 PM
Rob, next time you're in the area stop by.

I look after a high end car collection for a friend. We were able to pick-up a 1969 Hemi 4spd Charger 500. The Charger 500's paved the way for the Dodge Daytona's and Plymouth Superbirds. Charger 500's had a flush grille (from a 69 Coronet) and the rear window area was filled in and a flush window was put in to make the body slippery for the Nascar ovals. Chrysler was suppose to build 500 of them and sell them to the public, in order to be able to enter them in Nascar racing. However, Chrysler only built 394. This Charger 500 is 1 of 24 hemi 4 spd's built. It scored 97.4 points at Carlisle.

This Charger 500 came equipped with the ultra rare Kelsey Hayes aluminum recall wheels. The wheels were recalled by Chrysler as the lug nuts had a tendency to loosen. Because all cars ordered with these wheels were recalled, most owners took their cars in and had steel wheels put on. Very few wheels survived the recall.

Original Hemi's are getting scarce to find. You're lucky to have a few complete engines.

Attached picture rsz_69_hemi_wh_500-1.jpg
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: My cars... - Tue Sep 24 2013 01:35 AM
I'm not really a Mopar guy but always liked the early Cudas. My buddy in high school had a 66 that he thought was the coolest car in school! The rest of us didn't want to tell him otherwise, lol! That Charger 500 is a pretty rare bird, especially in that condition. I just arranged a deal for a couple of friends of mine to get together on restoring a 70 Challenger 340 Six Pack car. One friend owned it and the other is now restoring it for him. He paints some pumps for me and has been doing high end restorations for years, off and on. The Challenger was a nice car to start with so should be a super nice finished product. I will try to remember to post a pic of it in a few months wen it's done....GB
Posted By: tyler Re: My cars... - Tue Sep 24 2013 01:41 AM
Is it a T/A? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know the only Challenger to come with a 340 6 pack was the T/A
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Tue Sep 24 2013 03:47 AM
Would love to see pictures of your friends T/A Challenger .

The only two Mopars to come with the 340-6 were T/A Challenger's and AAR Cuda's and only in 1970. Pretty rare and wicked fast when properly tuned and built.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Tue Sep 24 2013 03:51 AM
Sold this one off, earlier this year.

Attached picture 92 AC Cobra-1.jpg
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: My cars... - Wed Sep 25 2013 02:32 AM
I will definitely post some shots of the Challenger later on. Yes, its a T/A. We are supposed to get our new rotisserie this week and he has the car down to the shell and ready for media blasting. I can't remember the exact number of the 340-6 T/A Challengers made but I think it was around the 500 mark? Didn't know that it and the 70 AAR Cudas were the only cars/years for that engine. Like I said, I'm not really a Mopar guy per se. We bought the new rotisserie together as I was going to build one to do the 72 Bronco I've had for awhile and since we usually don't have cars in progress at the same time it made sense to share one if we could. Did you build the Shelby?
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Wed Sep 25 2013 07:01 AM
1970 T/A Challengers total production 2400, 1411 automatics, 989 4spds. 1970 AAR Cuda's total production 2724, 1604 automatics, 1120 4 spds. The Shelby was bought.

Here's another one sold off earlier this year. 1966 Chevelle Conv. 427, AT, dual 4's.

Attached picture rsz_66_chevelle-5.jpg
Attached picture rsz_66_chevelle_top_down-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_66_chevelle_interior-8.jpg
Attached picture rsz_66_chevelle_engine-4.jpg
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: My cars... - Wed Sep 25 2013 10:17 PM
Hey Dave

I attended the auction that the 1969 Charger was sold at. I believe it was said to have been appraised at $220,000

I posted information on the car and final auction price on another website to feel out reactions.
Here are three of the replies I received.

"I think the color was holding it back. Green on green is probably the worst color combo you could order, maybe brown on brown could tie it. The right color could fetch another 30-40k IMO."

"Wrong auction, wrong colour, wrong location, market correction...............how much is the economy influencing prices ?

How much is demographics influencing Mopar and other muscle car prices ??? "

"And wrong appraisal................. "
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Thu Sep 26 2013 05:27 AM
Trent, none of those are valid arguments. Plain and simple it was the wrong city and auction for that car. We had four cars in the auction, those vehicles were only bid up to about 30% of the reserves we had in place. Our reserves were realistic.

I had advised my friend to buy the Charger 500. I know the owner of the shop that the car was restored at the owner of the car at the time was into the car for a little over $400,000.00. Car was restored using nos and original parts only. All parts are correct part numbers and date codes. All assembly line and inspection paint dabs and markings and on the car. The 2.6 points it lost were for the wrong date code alternator fan belt and side door cat whiskers.

Car was previously sold for more then the $220,000.00 you've listed above.

Reserve wasn't met on the car and bidding stalled...auctioneer revealed the reserve and asked if we would bid against ourselves to meet the reserve.

Restorations and cars of this caliber are recession and economy proof. Better than keeping your money in the bank. Color doesn't hurt it because Chrysler released the high impact colors (Plum Crazy, Hemi Orange, Lime Green, Tor Red ect...) in 1970.

Here's another one we sold off earlier this year. 1967 Corvette Roadster 435hp, 427cid, 68,000 original miles. This was one of my favorite cars, a pleasure to drive.

Attached picture rsz_67_corvette_roadster_435hp_427cid-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_67_corvette_roadster_435hp_427cid-2.jpg
Attached picture rsz_67_corvette_roadster_435hp_427cid-3.jpg
Attached picture rsz_67_corvette_roadster_435hp_427cid-4.jpg
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: My cars... - Fri Sep 27 2013 12:56 AM
I grew up in a Mopar family. My brothers friends owned or maybe still own some of the most desirable Mopars in Canada. I made annual trips to the New Hamburg Ontario Mopar show during the 1990's. The friends would attend the Carlisle PA Chrysler Nationals every year.
I have learned that $100,000 for a true original rare muscle car is peanuts.
I thought the car would bring minimum $150K since it was not only a local auction. I understand the auction was open to internet and phone bidders.
I think the location was the biggest issue. Maybe lack of advertising in the United States played a part in this.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Wed Oct 16 2013 03:46 PM
Don't know where or how this photo came to be, but it's a cool concept. Hopefully Chrysler is paying attention. I would buy one!

Attached picture Challenger based Superbird-1.jpg
Posted By: GILMORE Re: My cars... - Wed Oct 16 2013 04:05 PM
HPP ... they offer kits to convert your Challenger into the Superbird or Daytona...

http://www.hppcars.com/images/pdf/1_retailcard_superbird_daytona2011.pdf%20

Attached picture white_red_SB_589.jpg
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: My cars... - Wed Oct 16 2013 08:28 PM
OMG, Dave is the GREASE MONKEY of The North! laugh
Posted By: Gas globe guy Re: My cars... - Thu Oct 17 2013 12:56 AM
DANG! I love that car!! One of my favorite cars is the Challenger.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Thu Oct 17 2013 05:18 AM
DB, I'm a gearhead and wrench on all my cars.

Here's one that got sold off unfinished. A 1958 Buick Special Convertible.

Attached picture rsz_016.jpg
Attached picture rsz_1958_buick_special_conv-3.jpg
Attached picture rsz_1958_buick_special_conv-4.jpg
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: My cars... - Thu Oct 17 2013 07:23 AM
You sure have some nice cars Dave , where is the picture of that pretty red chevy cab over ? I like that one too.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: My cars... - Fri Oct 18 2013 01:12 AM
I love cars too Dave! We own a 1971 mach 1mustang, a 1967 GT 390 fastback mustang, and a 67 coupe. We love all old cars. And Im in the process of buying a 1970 charger.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Fri Oct 18 2013 03:38 AM
Nice collection of Mustangs. I have owned three 70 Charger R/T's over the years. I sold an nos 70 Charger grille in the box and two nos headlight doors (hideaway lights) for $5000.00US in 2004 on e-Bay.

Here's a few pictures of the 1949 COE. It's on a newer GMC chassis with a modified, late 60's sleeper.

Attached picture rsz_009.jpg
Attached picture rsz_021.jpg
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: My cars... - Fri Oct 18 2013 09:08 PM
Nice!
Posted By: toychaser2005 Re: My cars... - Fri Oct 18 2013 11:09 PM
i love that gmc
Posted By: redindianguy Re: My cars... - Sat Oct 19 2013 02:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage
1970 T/A Challengers total production 2400, 1411 automatics, 989 4spds. 1970 AAR Cuda's total production 2724, 1604 automatics, 1120 4 spds. The Shelby was bought.

Here's another one sold off earlier this year. 1966 Chevelle Conv. 427, AT, dual 4's.

Dave that thing is awesome . If you ever come to Carlisle or Hershey you could be dangerous lol
Posted By: redindianguy Re: My cars... - Sat Oct 19 2013 02:44 PM
Originally Posted By: hri_2008
I grew up in a Mopar family. My brothers friends owned or maybe still own some of the most desirable Mopars in Canada. I made annual trips to the New Hamburg Ontario Mopar show during the 1990's. The friends would attend the Carlisle PA Chrysler Nationals every year.
I have learned that $100,000 for a true original rare muscle car is peanuts.
I thought the car would bring minimum $150K since it was not only a local auction. I understand the auction was open to internet and phone bidders.
I think the location was the biggest issue. Maybe lack of advertising in the United States played a part in this.

I am not a mopar guy but for a town of about maybe 3000 that New Hamburg moparfest is amazing !!!!!
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Sat Nov 30 2013 09:02 PM
It's that time of year when I have to winterize all the cars. Add fuel stabilizer, check anti-freeze strength, hook up the electronic battery tenders and ect.

Didn't drive this 1966, 427, 425hp, 4-spd, Vette this summer. Was stored above a 1956 2dr Ford Victoria.

Due to more cars then space I was going to order 4 more of these hoists to double park the cars. This hoist has three large plastic drip trays that slide on the rails. A tray is placed below the engine, the transmission and the rear differential. If you have any fluid leaks the trays catch them to prevent the fluids from dripping on the car below.

As luck would have it; unknown to me, sometimes during the past 2 months the rear right brake started to leak on the Vette. The brake fluid ran down the tire and onto the ramp (circumventing the drip trays) and onto the 56 Ford. We all know that brake fluid and paint don't mix well together.

Attached picture rsz_1966_corvette-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_1956_ford_victoria-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_1956_ford_victoria-2.jpg
Attached picture rsz_1956_ford_victoria-5.jpg
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Sat Nov 30 2013 09:02 PM
Needless to say a few changes in the shop today.

1.) The 56 Ford is off to the body shop for a complete paint job.
2.) The Corvette is no longer allowed on the top.

and Mick thought he was having a bad day yesterday...

Attached picture rsz_1956_ford_victoria-4.jpg
Attached picture rsz_rsz_2008_challenger_srt-1.jpg
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: My cars... - Sat Nov 30 2013 09:09 PM
Wow--that's a sad thing to see Dave! That paint on the ford looked really nice too. That would really make me sick to discover a situation like that!
Now that the vette is on the ground floor, you'll have to drive it a little!
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Sat Nov 30 2013 09:13 PM
1956 Ford had very few miles on a 10 year old restoration. Will be doing the brakes on the Vette and replacing all brake lines with stainless steel lines.
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: My cars... - Sat Nov 30 2013 09:25 PM
great cars you have their Dave,,sad story on the ford,hard way to learn when something happens like that..love the Nova,when I got out of the service I had ordered a brand new 69 nova
with 396 375hp turbo 400..man that thing was quick.drove the wheels off of it when I got home that first month...wish I still had it,trouble when you get married at a young age,didn`t realize I should of kept it...
Alan

ps love the vette right combo for sure...
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: My cars... - Sun Dec 01 2013 01:02 AM
Bummer on the 56 ford deal . You have some nice stuff Dave. Post us a pick of the old 56 when she is repainted .
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: My cars... - Sun Dec 01 2013 01:36 PM
Sad to see the damage to the Ford, Dave. Car collections are one of the hardest things to keep without things like that happening. I have never had a large collection but even trying to keep two or three cars nice while they set unused is a challenge. I have thought about stacking cars with the lifts before and always thought about the car on the bottom being vulnerable to such accidents. Guess you could put covers over the bottom cars, but they would have to be impervious to things like brake fluid and then they become really out of sight and out of mind. I have sold a lot of cars over the years that I really wanted to keep simply because when I would get them out to drive it would take a day to fix deteriorated parts or inop systems that were that way just from non use. At least I don't have to worry about driving a gas pump that has sat for a year!.....Gary
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Sun Dec 01 2013 04:52 PM
I agree. I have to remove the gas tanks and replace the fuel lines and fuel pumps in three cars because the additives in the new gasoline has softened up the fuel lines. The new ethanol based gasoline's are garbage (in my opinion). They absorb moisture and cause corrosion in the fuel tanks if left to sit and deteriorate.
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: My cars... - Mon Dec 02 2013 04:13 AM
I try to keep fuel treatment in mine if I think about it when I drive them. I don't know if it really helps though. I only burn premium that doesn't contain ethanol (supposedly) in my Mustang and add Lucas octane boost to that as it is supposed to have a stabilizer in it. The other problem I have run in to with this ethanol based, highly oxygenated gas is how fast it will evaporate out of carburetors when the car sits for even a week or two. I have a Corvair Corsa with the turbo engine and it has the old carter YH side draft carb. I had to put an inline electric pump on it just to get it started after setting as the fuel is gone in the carb in a few days. The old fuel pumps on those Corvairs won't hardly pump enough fuel to refill a dry carb. I put the same inline electric pump on my Mustang with a bypass circuit so you can just hit the switch to refill the empty carb to get quick starts after it sets for a while. It's a constant battle....
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Thu Jun 19 2014 08:33 PM
Chrysler has confirmed the 2015 Challenger "Hellcat" will be going into production. Will have a price tag in the $70,000.00 range.

Challenger SRT with a Hellcat engine is propelled by the new supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V-8. Its 600-plus horsepower, and 575 ft lbs of torque rating will be the highest of any V-8 engine in Chrysler Group's celebrated history. The all-new V-8 engine can be mated with an upgraded six-speed manual transmission or a beefy, new TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic – the first such gearbox ever offered in the Dodge Challenger SRT's time-honored segment.

Rumor has it, Chrysler wants to have the final horsepower number in at 640HP to tie the Viper V-10 engine numbers.

http://www.drivesrt.com/2015/challenger-srt-hellcat/
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Thu Jun 19 2014 08:44 PM
If you are wondering why Dodge chose the Hellcat name for the supercharged HEMI engine. It appears the engine is actually named after a Grumman World War II fighter plane that had its engines built by Nash. Nash later joined Hudson to form AMC (American Motors), which Chrysler acquired in 1987.

It’s not clear whether or not the said trademark lived on under AMC and Chrysler, but the Hellcat fighter plane was of great importance to the U.S. army during World War II, which would explain naming the engine after it. With more than 5,000 enemy aircrafts destroyed and a kill-to-loss ratio of around 19:1, the Hellcats were the most efficient fighter planes the Allies used above the Pacific.

Attached picture 2015-dodge-challenger-srt.jpg
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: My cars... - Thu Jun 19 2014 11:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage
Chrysler has confirmed the 2015 Challenger "Hellcat" will be going into production. Will have a price tag in the $70,000.00 range.

Challenger SRT with a Hellcat engine is propelled by the new supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V-8. Its 600-plus horsepower, and 575 ft lbs of torque rating will be the highest of any V-8 engine in Chrysler Group's celebrated history. The all-new V-8 engine can be mated with an upgraded six-speed manual transmission or a beefy, new TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic – the first such gearbox ever offered in the Dodge Challenger SRT's time-honored segment.

Rumor has it, Chrysler wants to have the final horsepower number in at 640HP to tie the Viper V-10 engine numbers.

http://www.drivesrt.com/2015/challenger-srt-hellcat/

Wonder if it will do 200 out of the showroom like the new GT500 coupes? I would have thought they would have tried to top the GT500 662 H.P. Those Challengers are good looking cars though.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: My cars... - Fri Jun 20 2014 02:36 AM
Awesome cars…. Best looking muscle car on the market today, and Im a Ford Guy!
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Sat Jun 21 2014 08:13 AM
It was a fun day of driving in the sun...
57 Pontiac & 2006 Ford GT40 (835HP dyno'd at the rear wheels).

Attached picture rsz_57_pontiac_conv-5.jpg
Attached picture rsz_57_pontiac_conv-3.jpg
Attached picture rsz_2006_ford_gt40-4.jpg
Attached picture rsz_2006_ford_gt40-11.jpg
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: My cars... - Sat Jun 21 2014 07:08 PM
Dave

You once posted that you look after a large car collection for someone.

Are these part of that owners collection?

He must need a full time mechanic like Jay Leno has to properly maintain so many automobiles?
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Sat Jun 21 2014 08:01 PM
Trent,

Yes, I got them ready and transported to the Vancouver collector car auction on this weekend. The GT40, 57 Pontiac, 1940 street rod are main feature cars and are parked in the main auction hall. Also have a 1956 Thunderbird there. All have reserves.

I'm the mechanic that wrenches on them. The best part is transporting and driving them to keep them in operating and top notch maintained condition.

This thread started as pictures of only my cars but then I started posting his and mine cars in here.
Posted By: hancock-oil Re: My cars... - Sun Jun 22 2014 12:16 PM
Dave
Not to be a Dick butt that's a GT and the Gt40 64,65,66!!!
Not to say they are not all Killer Cars but the 40 Stands Alone!!!
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Sun Jun 22 2014 03:08 PM
Yes, you are correct.

When Ford built the concept car in 2002 for this it was called a GT40. (Ford no longer had rights to the term "GT40" they paid royalties).

Ford wanted to call these cars GT40's as these GT's were built to commemorate the GT40's wins 40 years earlier sadly Ford was not able to negotiate the rights to the use of the name.

A British company, Safir Engineering, who built continuation GT40s in the 1980s, owned the "GT40" trademark at that time. When they completed production, they sold the excess parts, tooling, design, and trademark to a small Ohio company called Safir GT40 Spares. This company licensed the use of the "GT40" trademark to Ford for the initial 2002 show car. When Ford decided to make the production vehicle, negotiations between the two firms failed. The production cars do not wear the GT40 badge.

Anyways, I know that I'm wrong when I call it a GT40, but that's what I like calling it as Ford also would have liked to call it a GT40.
Posted By: huskybob Re: My cars... - Thu Jul 03 2014 05:05 AM
Looks like the HellCat will have more than 600+ HorsePower..... more like 707. wink

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/...-203805750.html
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Thu Jul 03 2014 07:34 AM
Wow, 707 HP and 650 ft lbs of torque!!! Thanks for posting that link.

"Dodge's most powerful V-8 ever, and the most powerful muscle car ever. (So you don’t have to look it up, Ford’s previous-generation lighter, smaller Mustang GT500 currently boasts a huge 662 hp and 631 lb-ft of torque, while the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 makes a comparatively wimpy 580 hp and 580 lb-ft of torque. Yep, they’ve been served.)"

Well, I talked my friend into buying one; No matter what the cost is...we are going to get one. Can't wait to drive it home.

An update on the Ford GT.
My friend wanted to race the Ford GT. Mission Raceway is less then 5 minutes from my house. Have since decided against that.

Ford Gt went straight from the Ford Dealer to Hennessey Performance to be fitted with the GT850 pkg. That was done by the Ford dealership and added to the sale price of the car. The car makes 850 horsepower. Here's a link to the upgrade pkg.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/gt850.html

It's time to sell the Ford GT, if anyone is interested. PM me.
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: My cars... - Thu Jul 03 2014 11:27 AM
I thought it seemed strange that they wouldn't try and out due the GT500, but Ford or Chevy will realese something more powerful as soon as Dodge rolls them out. Gotta love these Modern Horse Power Wars.
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: My cars... - Sat Jul 12 2014 04:45 AM
Richard Rawlings from Gas Monkey Garage posted this today:

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is THE fastest production muscle car EVER. I drove it 1/4 mile in 10.8 SECONDS

http://youtu.be/iYol7m3WjGQ
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Sat Jul 12 2014 06:16 AM
We have a deposit down on a Hellcat and the dealership promised that we will get one. They took the deposit despite the fact that they had no further information about it.
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: My cars... - Sat Jul 12 2014 02:23 PM
Originally Posted By: hri_2008
Richard Rawlings from Gas Monkey Garage posted this today:

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is THE fastest production muscle car EVER. I drove it 1/4 mile in 10.8 SECONDS

http://youtu.be/iYol7m3WjGQ

It will be topped.... It Always happens, Ford or Chevy will come out with something as soon as dodge starts shipping them.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: My cars... - Wed Jul 16 2014 07:44 PM
Just announced,$59,995 is the starting price for the new Hellcat.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/10933...price-tag-video
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Wed Jul 16 2014 09:11 PM
Wow, that's reasonable; people were speculating $70,000.00 US.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: My cars... - Wed Jul 16 2014 10:22 PM
Really like the interior too.

Attached picture hellcat (420x279).jpg
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: My cars... - Wed Jul 16 2014 11:42 PM
Already Heard the Ally Cat A$$ whiper is in the works!!!! And it ain't got a Bow Tie!!

What's top speed on the Hell Cat?
Posted By: JUNK KING Re: My cars... - Thu Jul 17 2014 01:35 AM
the base price on both my Shelbys was about $10,000 less that what I actually paid. It don't take long when you start adding goodies to bump that price up to $70,000.
Posted By: archer2 Re: My cars... - Thu Jul 17 2014 03:22 AM
[quote=Esse's Garage]Already Heard the Ally Cat A$$ whiper is in the works!!!! And it ain't got a Bow Tie!!

I guess until then, keep your kleenex handy. grin
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: My cars... - Thu Jul 17 2014 11:50 PM
I see the Top speed on the Hell Cat is a Est. 199 mph??? What nobody at Dodge had the balls to see so they estimated??? LOL!! It is a Great Looking Car.
Posted By: JUNK KING Re: My cars... - Fri Jul 18 2014 10:05 PM
Top speed set at Nuremberg for the 2013 Shelby is 202 mph. Im 52 and had it to155 cant imagine going 200+.
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: My cars... - Sat Sep 13 2014 07:50 PM
Dave,
My friend just finished up the '70 Challenger and the owner is picking it up tomorrow. Turned out beautiful. The only thing we weren't too fond of was the engine rebuild the owner had done on it. They put a little bigger cam in it than original and it doesn't even clean up and run smooth til almost 3000 rpm. It was delivered supposedly ready to drop in and "ready to run" and he ended up fixing leaks and tuning on it for a week to get it right. Guy that built it us a drag racer so that explains the cam.......All in all a beautiful finished product, wish it was going in my garage!....Gary

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Sat Sep 13 2014 09:19 PM
Gary, nice car that looks great!
Posted By: GILMORE Re: My cars... - Sat Sep 13 2014 09:24 PM
Nice!!!
Posted By: redindianguy Re: My cars... - Sun Sep 14 2014 01:20 PM
perfect
Posted By: PlainBroke Re: My cars... - Sun Sep 14 2014 05:22 PM
Originally Posted By: JUNK KING
Top speed set at Nuremberg for the 2013 Shelby is 202 mph. Im 52 and had it to155 cant imagine going 200+.

You've got more ***** than I do Jefferson. I'm 62 and haven't had mine over 100mph. I know, its a sin, but it wouldn't take much to put these things in the ditch if you get on them. Back in my younger years I would be all over it but at my age you live and learn to respect the horsepower. Who the hell really needs 662 hp anyway??? Lol

Attached picture Shelby2.jpg
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: My cars... - Sun Sep 14 2014 05:35 PM
Steve--Its like I told the Warden--Its not that you "NEED" that much horsepower, its just that its there, and you know it!!
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: My cars... - Sun Sep 14 2014 06:18 PM
Very nice 70 challenger! And love the Shelby's!
Posted By: PlainBroke Re: My cars... - Sun Sep 14 2014 09:07 PM
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH
Steve--Its like I told the Warden--Its not that you "NEED" that much horsepower, its just that its there, and you know it!!

That's true Kevin. I still run it through the gears just to hear the supercharger kick in - love to hear it howl.
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: My cars... - Wed Sep 17 2014 04:53 AM
Jay Leno speaks up about the 2015 Hellcat

http://youtu.be/MWMjR3r-nsI
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: My cars... - Tue Oct 07 2014 03:03 AM
Dave

Any update for us on the Hellcat?

I lived in Windsor Ontario up until 2004. A good fiend of mine drives a car carrier for Chrysler Canada and took these pics this past weekend. Looks like they are going out. Notice the ship mode on the dash.

Attached picture cat4.JPG
Attached picture cat.JPG
Attached picture cat2.JPG
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: My cars... - Wed Oct 08 2014 01:44 AM
Awesome pictures!
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Sun Oct 12 2014 05:07 AM
Nice pic's Trent.

Ours is green, we were told end of October for delivery date.
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: My cars... - Sun Oct 12 2014 05:26 AM
Hmmm...340, is that MPH or KPH? LOL.
Small instrument cluster for all that horsepower.
October is almost half way over Dave. Can you wait another 2 weeks?
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Sun Oct 12 2014 05:48 AM
Looking forward to the first burn out and dusting a few sacrificial Chevy's and Fords.

Fred, working on learning to de-hoard. Just sold this 68 Dart GT convertible. I owned it for 23 years...was tough seeing it go.

Clean little car, One repaint, all original except for the rallye wheels (which are incorrect as they first came out in 1970) and I upgraded the rear diff to a 8 3/4" posi. Factory red car with black buckets and console. Pwr steering and pwr brake car...was a great driver. I was 24 years old when I bought it...wow, time flies when your having fun!

Attached picture rsz_017.jpg
Attached picture rsz_018.jpg
Attached picture rsz_021.jpg
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: My cars... - Sun Oct 12 2014 06:23 AM
Dave you're just replacing an old MOPAR for a new one-hardly decluttering.
Now how about the new e-car Elon Musk has announced the new all wheel drive, dual motor Tesla going to 60 in 3.2 sec. No roar, no tire burn or lane hopping either. All for $120K
http://time.com/3491046/tesla-model-s-elon-musk/
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: My cars... - Sun Oct 12 2014 06:33 AM
I see Tesla cars on the road weekly around here.
I have a couple customers who have them.
A free power charge station was installed in Whistler this past summer.
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: My cars... - Sun Oct 12 2014 06:00 PM
Trent the new model is the P85. You are seeing the current model "S" type that is available driving around Van. With the new stations strung along the west coast a local buddy with a S model is planning on doing a trip from Calgary to LA this spring/summer. I wished him good luck and patience.
Dave you'll need to check the P85 out. It should compete, speed wise, with your new Hell Cat
Posted By: rbonitz Re: My cars... - Sun Oct 12 2014 07:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Gasman84470
Trent the new model is the P85. You are seeing the current model "S" type that is available driving around Van. With the new stations strung along the west coast a local buddy with a S model is planning on doing a trip from Calgary to LA this spring/summer. I wished him good luck and patience.
Dave you'll need to check the P85 out. It should compete, speed wise, with your new Hell Cat

New model is the P85D - The P85 has been out for a while (I have had one for over a year). Great cars - incredibly quick. The P85D is pretty close to HellCat with 690 HP - 3.2 seconds to 60 and 11.8 quarter mile - And made in America!
Posted By: carson Re: My cars... - Mon Oct 13 2014 11:21 AM
I got my ZL1 up too 143 before i backed off. Run out of highway
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Mon Oct 13 2014 04:57 PM
First 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Auctioned For $825,000.00 (The car actually raised $1.65 million for charity as the high bid was matched dollar for dollar by another donor.)

The last 50th anniversary Mustang was auctioned off at the same auction and it could only muster up a $170,000.00 high bid.

Seems like the Mopars are pulling in the money again...(most expensive 70's muscle at $3.4 million 71 Hemi Cuda conv. at Mecum).

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/ne...ed-for-825000/?
Posted By: Ohio Oil Re: My cars... - Mon Oct 13 2014 07:59 PM
I see I'm gonna have to post up some pics of my Shelby GT500KR before I put it away for storeage. smile
Posted By: Arrington Re: My cars... - Wed Nov 12 2014 02:50 PM
Nice rides.
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: My cars... - Sun Nov 16 2014 11:43 AM
My car carrier friend in Windsor Ontario Canada just posted this video he was involved with.
http://youtu.be/nu_O1wH91SA

Attached picture hell.JPG
Posted By: redindianguy Re: My cars... - Sun Nov 16 2014 12:07 PM
I'm not a Dodge man and it made the hair on my arms stand up wicked cool
Posted By: JUNK KING Re: My cars... - Sun Nov 16 2014 03:58 PM
My friend who owns the Dodge store said he'd give me his alocation at sticker if I'd just buy the Viper he has too.
Posted By: redindianguy Re: My cars... - Sun Nov 16 2014 10:48 PM
lol that's a pair
Vipers could be hard to move now
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: My cars... - Mon Nov 17 2014 04:12 AM
Just looked at this thread for the first time and for me the best car in this whole thread is the 57 Pontiac.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Tue Apr 21 2015 04:35 PM
This is the most insane car…I have ever driven. I’ve owned and driven some pretty fast cars….or so I had thought.

This is a scary car…no man likes to admit this, but, it tamed me…I was intimidated. I jumped in it, pulled out of my driveway built up the speed to about 70 KM and stomped on it and it spun the wheels loose and fish tailed. From that moment on, I had the perfect combination of adrenaline rush and fear in my heart and it had earned my respect. There’s a traffic light at the end of my street , there was no way I was going to push it hard around that turn. I cleared the turn and floored it, or should I say it floored me. From that light to the next light I had it up to 260 KM just like that from one red light to the next.

It is unbelievably quick. I find it hard to believe that anyone can walk into a Chrysler dealership and buy one…scary thought.

Best $100,000.00 anyone will ever spend on a car.

Attached picture rsz_hellcat-6.jpg
Attached picture rsz_hellcat-3.jpg
Attached picture rsz_hellcat-4.jpg
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Tue Apr 21 2015 04:36 PM

Attached picture rsz_hellcat-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_hellcat-2.jpg
Attached picture rsz_hellcat-5.jpg
Posted By: rbonitz Re: My cars... - Tue Apr 21 2015 06:12 PM
Awesome Dave -- You won't lose that in a parking lot.

I have to believe that we're seeing a peak in performance right now (like the late 60s).

It may be sacrilege to say it on OldGas, but I think my Tesla would give it a good run for its money.

Ray
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Tue Apr 21 2015 06:53 PM
Telsa`s are amazing cars with performance that is out of this world.

I guess Chrysler will let anyone have these cars. Talk about driving it like you stole it....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wOQe1hWvX_c
Posted By: JUNK KING Re: My cars... - Tue Apr 21 2015 07:19 PM
I'll stick with my Shelbys for another year. Drove a Hellcat black sweet looking and fastttt ! But for 25K over sticker I don't see it .
Got both Shelby for less than sticker.
2011 555 hp. 2013 665 hp.
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: My cars... - Tue Apr 21 2015 08:01 PM
Cool car Dave , I like that color !
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: My cars... - Wed Apr 22 2015 12:08 AM
Wow!! $100K......... That's crazy!!!
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: My cars... - Thu Apr 23 2015 02:05 AM
Nice HellCat!
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Fri Apr 24 2015 02:03 PM
I've restored/built over 50 cars since the mid 80's.

Here's what has been cluttering my shop; 1967 Barracuda with a 340. Took it apart 3 years ago. I want to have it back together by this fall. Wasn't a rusty car but changed both quarters, trunk floor, trunk pan extensions and the outer wheel houses...that's the only way to do them right.

Mopars are unibodies so this is as far as a Mopar gets stripped down. No such thing as a frame off resto for a Mopar.

I'll post more pic's as I make progress.

Attached picture rsz_bh-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_bh-2.jpg
Attached picture rsz_bh-3.jpg
Attached picture rsz_bh-4.jpg
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Fri Apr 24 2015 02:05 PM
This is what I do, as wind down time is wrench on cars. I try to have as much fun as I can while restoring a car. I've been swamped by life and haven't had as much play time...but I'm going to change that!

Attached picture rsz_bh-5.jpg
Attached picture rsz_bh-6.jpg
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: My cars... - Fri Apr 24 2015 02:25 PM
Cuda's looking good Dave. I enjoy doing restorations too and have done too many to count over the years. Seems like they take longer and longer to do now but that's because I don't fight it nearly as hard as I used to to get one finished. I've had a '72 Bronco that I want to restore for three years now and just keep putting it off because I don't want it all over the shop for two years! Now that I'm retired it seems like I have less time to do these projects but that's because I'm gone so much doing other things we want to do. Priorities change as we get older, that's for sure!....GB
Posted By: cancollector Re: My cars... - Fri Apr 24 2015 03:47 PM
I don't usually like these new futuristic lookin' cars, but this one is awesome Dave! You are right. Scary thought that a guy like me could walk into a store and buy one of these things. My 2000 Ford Explorer will only hit 160, on a good day!
Posted By: Ohio Oil Re: My cars... - Sat Apr 25 2015 12:53 PM
Looking good Dave....I loves cars and petro equally.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Sun Oct 23 2016 05:41 PM
Some of you may recall, that, I had located a Studebaker Avanti and was going to buy it. Well, I did go and buy it. It's a 1963 Studebaker Avanti (first year of production) and is a factory equipped Paxton Supercharged 289 V8 "R2" (290 HP) car.

An Avanti with a supercharged V-8 was one of the fastest early 1960s autos, with a top speed of 160+ mph. Avanti's were only made for 2 years. Studebaker went out of business in 1964 although they continued to make cars for a few more years. 1963 and 1964 Avanti's each had a $4,445 base price, while a Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray two-seat coupe cost $4,252. Avanti's are a full fiberglass bodied car like the Corvettes.
My Avanti has a fresh paint job and needs the final assembly. The engine has been totally rebuilt and broken in on a dyno. The engine is totally stock in appearance. All that stainless steel and chrome is original.
As a bonus, I've added a few pic's of a few other cars in my collection parked along side the Avanti.

Attached picture rsz_1962_avanti-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_1962_avanti-2.jpg
Attached picture rsz_1962_avanti-3.jpg
Attached picture rsz_multi_display-11.jpg
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Sun Oct 23 2016 05:43 PM
How about a few more pic's?

Attached picture 14502687_1807427059501526_8229587242028500345_n.jpg
Attached picture rsz_multi_display-7.jpg
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: My cars... - Sun Oct 23 2016 07:26 PM
Is that a commercial building or what Dave? Looks like a parking garage.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Sun Oct 23 2016 09:13 PM
It's the building that houses my collection in my back yard. It's 81' wide and 250' deep. 50' by 220' I'm using to display and store cars. 25' by 220' I'm using for displaying my gas & oil collection.
Posted By: Bill jr Re: My cars... - Sun Oct 23 2016 10:41 PM
Very nice cars Dave
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: My cars... - Mon Oct 24 2016 01:41 AM
Nice stuff Dave!!
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Fri Oct 28 2016 04:52 PM
Not a muscle car, but, in this original, one owner condition it is pretty cool. wink

I got this 1965 Suzuki from the 69 year old original owner in February. I finally got a chance after finishing the move to wash it. It is all original and unrestored, it has only 803 original miles on it. It has been parked since 1983.

Attached picture rsz_1965_suzuki-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_1965_suzuki-2.jpg
Attached picture rsz_1965_suzuki-3.jpg
Attached picture rsz_1965_suzuki-4.jpg
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Mon Oct 31 2016 04:18 AM
A friend of a friends, bought this 1941 Chevrolet Master Deluxe in 1996. He recently retired and decided it was time to sell it as he hadn't found the time to finish it during the past 20 years of ownership. It came with a Heidts subframe installed by a well known and experienced local chassis shop. It came with a 1965 Chevy 327 275 horse rebuilt stock engine. Rear end is done with new leaf springs, mounts and brakes.

Don't ask me; why I bought it. Only reason, I can think of is that, I like the look of early 1940's fat fendered cars. Actually, this is the first 1940's car that I have bought.

Last photo shows this car surrounded by another 20 cars/projects waiting their turn.

Attached picture rsz_41_chev_master_deluxe-14.jpg
Attached picture rsz_141_chev_master_deluxe-3.jpg
Attached picture rsz_41_chev_master_deluxe-4.jpg
Attached picture rsz_41_chev_master_deluxe-5.jpg
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Mon Oct 31 2016 04:21 AM
These Heidts subframes are pretty cool.

Attached picture MUSTANGII.jpg
Attached picture rsz_41_chev_master_deluxe-10.jpg
Attached picture rsz_41_chev_master_deluxe-11.jpg
Attached picture rsz_41_chev_master_deluxe-12.jpg
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Mon Oct 31 2016 04:23 AM
Amongst all the other projects. I think I'm going to have to start knocking some of these off. Or, at the least start buying completed cars.

Attached picture rsz_41_chev_master_deluxe-7.jpg
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: My cars... - Thu Nov 03 2016 11:45 PM
Amazing Dave!
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Tue Nov 22 2016 07:54 AM
Bought another car today. This love affair dates back to the late 1980`s. I`ve always had a crush on the 2nd generation LeBaron convertibles.

I bought a 1989 Chrysler TC built by Maserati in Milan, Italy. These were jointly developed by Chrysler and Maserati, as a two-passenger luxury grand touring convertible. This is a first year production car. All the parts were stamped and assembled In Italy, the largely handcrafted bodies were then shipped as complete cars back to the U.S. for sale only by selected Chrysler-Plymouth dealerships, not available in Canada. The dash, door panels, seats, armrest rear fascia are all covered in hand stitched Italian leather. Almost all body panels and exterior trim items, as well as most of the interior furnishings are unique to the TC. These are not LeBaron’s.

This is a one owner, 48,000 mile, original paint survivor car. It had collector plates on it. TC`s came with a plate mounted inside the interior naming the original owner and the production number of the car. This is car number 1626 of 3764 TC’s made in 1989. TC’s were made for three years (1989-1991) with a total of 7300 being built.

Attached picture rsz_89_maserati_tc-2.jpg
Attached picture rsz_89_maserati_tc-4.jpg
Attached picture rsz_89_maserati_tc-3.jpg
Attached picture rsz_89_maserati_tc-5.jpg
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Tue Nov 22 2016 07:55 AM

Attached picture rsz_89_maserati_tc-6.jpg
Attached picture rsz_89_maserati_tc-7.jpg
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Fri Jan 13 2017 08:18 AM
Latest from Chrysler...they will be making a 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon. The Hellcats were originally dynoed at 850HP before being detuned to a more streetable 707HP. The demonized supercharged hemis will be between 850HP and north of 900HP. They will be limited production cars...not like the Hellcat make as many as are ordered.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: My cars... - Fri Jan 13 2017 01:54 PM
http://www.hotrod.com/articles/the-2018-...380FBDD88415FA6
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Wed Apr 05 2017 03:50 PM
Latest addition to the car collection. I bought a 1962 Studebaker Lark Daytona convertible this morning. Factory V8 car with a fresh high end restoration. Looks like, my 5 year daughter likes it as much as I do.

Attached picture FB_IMG_1491410392638.jpg
Attached picture FB_IMG_1491410399274.jpg
Attached picture FB_IMG_1491410405309.jpg
Attached picture FB_IMG_1491410409601.jpg
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Wed Apr 05 2017 03:51 PM
Few more pic's.

Attached picture FB_IMG_1491410414823.jpg
Attached picture FB_IMG_1491410419753.jpg
Attached picture FB_IMG_1491410424005.jpg
Attached picture FB_IMG_1491410428312.jpg
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Wed Apr 05 2017 03:53 PM
Last pic...I really like this car. Although, I believe my daughter has laid claim to this one.

Attached picture FB_IMG_1491410434161.jpg
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Wed Apr 12 2017 03:14 PM
Latest from Chrysler...the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon will be unlike anything ever offered by any North American auto manufacturer. Street legal, full warranty, 840HP, 770 ftlbs torque, 9.65 second quarter mile at 140 mph and pulling 1.8 g forces. 0-30 mph in 1 second. 0-60 mph 2.3 seconds. 0-100 mph in 5.1 seconds. All this in a 4250 lb car. To the Mopar guys this is crazy fast. For the Chevy and Ford guys these are impossible to imagine numbers.
The Demon set a Guinness world record, pulling the front wheels off of the ground for 2.92 feet; the first ever done by a stock production car.
The NHRA is back to their old tricks of penalizing the Dodge boys. NHRA certified the 9.65 second run, but immediately banned it from their tracks. Stating that running that fast it needs a lot of certification to run on their tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiF54pLOoKw

Attached picture SRT Demon.jpg
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: My cars... - Thu Apr 13 2017 01:17 AM
Pretty sweet! As a Ford guy personally I'd rather have a new Cobra Jet mustang lol.
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: My cars... - Thu Apr 13 2017 12:25 PM
Is yours ordered yet Dave?.......
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: My cars... - Thu Apr 13 2017 02:27 PM
I was reading USA today last night about the Demon. Doubt many will option to not have a passenger front seat or a back seat but it comes this way. They are options that only cost a buck a piece. With it already being banned from NHRA I think I would spend the two bucks. My brother bought a new demon and I a duster mine a 73 his was probably 71 or 72. Don't think I could afford this one. Waiting list are probably full with only 3000 sch. for the U.S.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Thu Apr 13 2017 10:02 PM
Gary, I spent all of this years car money on the Studebaker's and the Maseratti. Time to sell some projects.

Lyod, I think a fair amount of these will end up on the track. They'll need roll bars and ect...and will have to meet the NHRA requirements that any other 9 second car has to. The 9.65 was on street tires. It won't take much to get these into the low 9's or even 8's. An all out insane car!
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Sun Jul 02 2017 01:38 AM
I bought this 1983 Cougar lowrider car with full hydraulics. It was built in 1984 and since then has only been driven 13,000 KMs. I was told that the cost of the build exceeded $50,000. Lowriders have been around since the 1940's. This one holds true to it's pedigree and came complete with a very customized and intricate body paint and interior. The underside of the car is also all painted in metal flake paint with a lot of chrome suspension pieces. The Cougar mural is on the hood of the car and it has graphics and stripes painted throughout the entire paint job. I think, it's cool and allows me to display and showcase another class/style of customized vehicles in my growing collection.

Attached picture IMG_0384.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0386.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0387.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0388.JPG
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Sun Jul 02 2017 01:42 AM

Attached picture rsz_img_0385.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0389.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0390.JPG
Attached picture rsz_img_0391.jpg
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Sun Jul 02 2017 01:47 AM

Attached picture rsz_img_0392.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0393.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0394.JPG
Attached picture rsz_img_0395.jpg
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: My cars... - Sun Jul 02 2017 11:02 PM
Big bucks there Dave, glad you have plenty of storage.
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: My cars... - Mon Jul 03 2017 09:52 PM
Dave you'll need to clean out a few pumps for the space the new cars will take up. I can help😎.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Mon Jul 03 2017 11:32 PM
Craig, I'm really trying my hardest to not clutter it up.

Thanks Fred, you're such a considerate friend!!
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: My cars... - Wed Jul 05 2017 03:42 AM
You are filling that place up fast. What kind of building is it? The ceiling seems low for such a big place.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Wed Jul 12 2017 06:28 PM
Matt, they were poultry barns. The ceiling is 7'4".
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Wed Jul 12 2017 06:32 PM
Cars have a way of finding me; and then following me home. Bought this 1969 Cadillac DeVille convertible yesterday. It has been parked since the mid 90's. In 1969, there was only one engine available in Cadillac's; a 472 cubic inch V8 rated at 375 HP and 525 foot lbs of torque. The only transmission available was a Turbo-Matic Automatic (TH400). 0-60 in 8.1 sec, 15.9 sec quarter mile. Not bad for a 4590 lb car. At 19 feet long this car/land yacht is a beast.

Total production for 1969 was 223,237 Cadillac's built, out of which 16,445 were DeVille convertibles. That's less than 7% of total production.

They were expensive cars in their time, this convertible would have had a sticker price of $5905.00. Keep in mind that, the average annual income in 1969 was $8,550, and the median cost of a house was $15,550! Best of all, a gallon of gas was 35 cents in 1969. The 26 gallon gas tank was $9.10 to fill. It's $150.00 to fill the same tank today.

It was the ultimate American luxury car to own. Caddy's were hot and each year gaining in popularity. In 1969 Cadillac would build its 4 millionth car. A bit of history; Cadillac took 47 years to build its first million cars (1952), the second million took nine years (1960), the three million mark came just six years later (1965), and only five years to then build the four millionth car (1969).

I may have to keep this one and paint it pink. Aysha has me beat. In that, she got a pink convertible, a Viper and an electric car all before me. Beat me to those three milestones. I think, she's going to be a car enthusiast just like her daddy.

Here's my favorite Pink Cadillac song.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVpxPjPxyQU

Attached picture rsz_img_0475.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0479.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0480.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0488.JPG
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Wed Jul 12 2017 06:35 PM
Few more pics.

Attached picture IMG_0497.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0499.JPG
Attached picture rsz_1img_0493.jpg
Attached picture rsz_img_0495.jpg
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: My cars... - Wed Jul 12 2017 09:36 PM
Mopar Caddie? Hmmmm
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My cars... - Wed Jul 12 2017 11:01 PM
I appreciate cars, irregardless of the manufacturer. This one is in really condition. The interior is very clean and minty. When I resized the pic's the dark shading appeared? Makes the carpets and seats appear like they are stained.
The seats in this car are super comfortable the ostrich grain leather is super soft. Much nicer then the cow leather in my new Mercedes. The instrumentation, seats and the general feel of the interior is very advanced and modern for 1969. Especially, in comparison to the Mopar's of the day that I am use to.
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: My cars... - Tue Jul 18 2017 08:30 PM
Nice!!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk