Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Bbburke Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 10:58 AM
Who do you all think is gonna win the Super Bowl? Being a loyal University of Kentucky fan and graduate, it pains me to cheer for Peyton Manning. Then again, three former UK players start for Denver. Im gonna take Denver in a slow, extremely boring, complete dud of a game 7 to 6. No field goals and one missed extra point. Weather is going to ruin this game. Cold weather Super Bowl equals boring game. Unless, the good lord manages to drop about 6" of snow on gameday.
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 11:19 AM
I'm for whoever is playing against Peyton. GO SEATTLE
Posted By: Bbburke Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 11:28 AM
Ahhhhhh. A Tom Brady fan.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 12:16 PM
Boy, Seattle is a stout team, but I am going with the Broncos.
Posted By: JimT Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 12:28 PM
I pray Denver has it in the bag until half through the fourth quarter, then loses in improbably fashion near the last few seconds. (Just for John- AKA Horseface) If your a Browns fan-you understand completely.
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 12:33 PM
Wait a minute Jim that's how the lions play.
Posted By: Bbburke Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 12:35 PM
Hey now... Easy on the Lions!!!
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 12:37 PM
Brian, one of the Greatest, if not the Greatest NFL Championship Game was in 1967...

It was called the "Ice Bowl" and was between the Dallas Cowboys and Green Bay.... Game Time temps was a "somewhat chilly" -15 degrees with a -35 Wind Chill in Lambeau Field... That is when the "Nick-name" of the "Frozen Tundra" was given to Green Bay...

Final Score: GB:21 Cowboys:17

So possibly, a "cold weather game" won't ensure that it is a low scoring affair?

Seahawks for me...

Like a lot of the "Old Farts" on Oldgas... I've watched most every NFL Championship Game; Since long before the 1st Super Bowl... I did miss watching live Games, a couple years while Over-Seas in the Military....
Posted By: Bbburke Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 12:41 PM
Im very familiar with the ice bowl. The cold wont factor in as much as the wind. Wind will ruin this game.
Posted By: JimT Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 12:45 PM
IMO Its football not putt-putt golf. Its meant to be played outside Sept- through the end of Jan.
Posted By: Bbburke Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 12:47 PM
Jim you need to tell that to the commish. If he has it his way they will wear flags soon.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 03:53 PM
HELL, if it were baseball, the game would have already been rescheduled due to cold weather.
Posted By: Let er' Buck Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 04:24 PM
GO Broncos by 10 Sea slugs don't stand a chance...
Posted By: BryceG Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 04:31 PM
if you're Seattle, you have to send a message immediately at the get-go... and the message is that Peyton will not get free time to throw like he's used to. you have to get some hits and knockdowns in on Manning and keep that pressure on while limiting the time your defense in on the field. if they dont do that, Manning will control the game and it will be another Broncos methodical victory.

if im a betting man, ill take the broncos to cover the spread.
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 05:12 PM
...anyone can put up big stats standing behind that Patriot O-line, throwing to all of those receivers...even Tommy Bündchen...

...I sincerely hope Manning and the Broncos pick Seattle apart...
Posted By: bustermonty Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 05:20 PM
Rooted for Manning for 14 years, not going to stop now. Go Broncos!
Posted By: katfsh Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 05:24 PM
Got to vote on the Mississippi boy!
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 05:42 PM
Broncos! Score will be high! Regardless of the weather.
Posted By: Bbburke Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 06:13 PM
Of course the guy from Tenn. thinks Peyton is gonna have a huge day.
Posted By: Gas globe guy Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 06:30 PM
Go Broncs! They are a great team, and have been a manning fan as long as I can remember! He is a great guy! And has broken 2 major records this year. But, he is very humble about it. And was under one of the best coaches for awhile at the Colts. So, I hope the Bronco's win. but i like a close game, not a blow out.
Posted By: BryceG Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 06:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Gas globe guy
as long as I can remember!

...so like 5 years ago smile

jk Noah... i just know Manning started playing about when you were born
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 07:32 PM
I am an AFC guy Raiders man. Daryl Lamonica Freddie Bilitnikoff, Marcus Allen, so I should support the AFC however defense wins and Seattle's pass defense is excellent and their run defense is not shoddy either. So unless Moreno can open up the D it will be a tough day for Manning. Seattle has a good offense and Denvers defense is so so. So I predict a Seattle win.
Posted By: Gas globe guy Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 08:00 PM
Originally Posted By: BryceG
Originally Posted By: Gas globe guy
as long as I can remember!

...so like 5 years ago smile

jk Noah... i just know Manning started playing about when you were born

laugh LOL! I started watching football when I was 6... I was a Redskins fan, then been a Manning fan for a long time.
Posted By: Let er' Buck Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 09:14 PM
We may of had to do this...

But what's to fear in this???

LOL.... It's gonna be a great game be safe everyone.

Bob

Posted By: azjockey Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Fri Jan 31 2014 10:52 PM
You know for only 4-mill you guys can make a great commercial, or 500 K we can get a sky box at the game for 30 people .
Seattle may have a great team for many years to come ,But I have to go with Manning only because of the dumn a** Upper management of Indy.

Geno
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sat Feb 01 2014 12:09 AM
Originally Posted By: Bbburke
Hey now... Easy on the Lions!!!

A Lions fan in Kentucky!! Cool!!

Go Lions!!!

I want Bronco's!
Posted By: bustermonty Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sat Feb 01 2014 12:40 AM
Geno, Check back in 10 years and see how dumb\smart they were. It's possible Luck is going to succeed.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sat Feb 01 2014 01:47 AM
Broncos!
Posted By: Bbburke Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sat Feb 01 2014 02:26 AM
Yea Steve C I love me some Lions. Megatron is best player in league. Im going with what I say every year at this time. Next year the Lions are gonna win it all.
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sat Feb 01 2014 02:51 AM
Go Broncos! My son lives there so I have a reason! Hope you all have a great day on Sunday and please be safe. Mark
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sat Feb 01 2014 04:38 AM
Originally Posted By: Homer Simpson
'The Simpsons' predicted Super Bowl XLVIII in 2005
The line on Super Bowl XLVIII is the Broncos by -2.5, with a total score of 48, according to The Linemakers, but let it be known that "The Simpsons" called their shot on this one way back in 2005.
Posted By: Bbburke Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sat Feb 01 2014 11:04 AM
I find it funny that both teams that are playing in the Super Bowl come from states were marijuana is legal. Do you think instead of the traditional post game locker room celebration with everyone chugging champaign. This year they are going to pass around a bunch of huge celebratory doobies.
Posted By: H1HUMMER Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sat Feb 01 2014 02:03 PM
Gotta root for the home team ! crazy

Attached picture hawks.jpg
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sat Feb 01 2014 04:09 PM
I have Manning yelling "OMAHA" 46 times and Sherman getting a pass interference call within the first 15 minutes.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sat Feb 01 2014 05:16 PM
Seahawks, all the way!!!!

remember "the juice"?

Attached picture awesome.jpg
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sat Feb 01 2014 05:21 PM
In related news Nebraska stops sponsoring Peyton and Iowa steps up with the dollars. So you'll hear "Council Bluffs" instead! Or not. At least the crowd will be louder on Denver's offensive possession so you may not hear OMAHA at all.
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sat Feb 01 2014 07:48 PM

I was born and raised in Denver and my Dad was a Broncos season ticket holder for a couple of decades in the old Mile High Stadium. I will never forget the games I attended with him!
The Seahawks are my adopted team and if they were facing ANY other team, I would be rooting for them!
If the most improbable happens and the Broncos loose to them, I will be happy for the Seahawks for getting their first Super bowl trophy but it will sting a lot.
It should be a pretty good game to watch!
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sat Feb 01 2014 09:38 PM
Denver 27-17
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sat Feb 01 2014 09:53 PM
Also to took Denver with the points & the under too & father Archie Manning appearing on camera more then 3X.....and lastly,someone from the winning team awkwardly hugging Erin Andrews during an interview @ the end as my darkhorse.
Posted By: TheCog Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sat Feb 01 2014 11:18 PM
I am a browns fan too sick and I know where JimT is coming from there. But I think Manning is one of the best and go with Denver for the win.
Posted By: JimT Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sun Feb 02 2014 01:09 AM
He absolutely is. And as much as I hate to admit it. Elway wasnt a bad quarterback himself.Truth be told, I believe he was an amazing quarterback. Some fan bases have no idea how fortunate they are to have a team that consistently contends.
Posted By: Bbburke Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sun Feb 02 2014 01:23 AM
I know he doesnt have the resume and hall of fame career that Peyton does. But, i think Russel Wilson is alot of fun to watch. He reminds me of Doug Flutie or even Brett Favre. Dont get me wrong. Peyton could very easily be the best quarterback of all time. Im pretty sure if he wins Sunday, that is what most will consider him to be. I think its gonna be a low scoring game though. Best defense in NFL against the best offense. Only time will tell.
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sun Feb 02 2014 01:38 AM
Jim one of my favorite football memories of Cleveland also involves a winter playoff game and a star QB. In the late 60s Joe Capp of the Vikes lumbers around the end and knocks out the would be tackling linebacker. That set the tone of the game and the Browns were done. He wasn't fast but he was tough. So tough he later became (in)famous again for having a brawl with another aging CFL star on the podium at an awards dinner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrkEROiQsa8
Posted By: Bbburke Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sun Feb 02 2014 01:48 AM
That was a nice over hand right. Landed right on the button.
Posted By: Gargoyle Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Sun Feb 02 2014 08:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Cold Pizza
Sherman getting a pass interference call within the first 15 minutes.

Receivers could file assault charges against that dude for all the stuff he pulls. But oh, yeah....he's the best - and doesn't mind telling you that! smile
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Mon Feb 03 2014 12:53 AM
What a GREAT game so far. GO SEATTLE
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Mon Feb 03 2014 01:02 AM
Originally Posted By: KZ1000
What a GREAT game so far. GO SEATTLE

Unbelievable! Go Seattle !
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Mon Feb 03 2014 01:10 AM
Yup the Denver fans will be talking about the halftime show and Seattle fans about a great game!
It's not quite done yet but for those who remember MNF's Dandy Don Meridith, he is loosening up the vocal cords right about now and getting ready to sing "Turn off the lights the party's over"!
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Mon Feb 03 2014 06:00 AM
I didn't see that coming. Don't think Denver did either. Congrats to the Seahawks! Manning jokes are wide open. Funny how fast some will turn on you.
Posted By: H1HUMMER Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Mon Feb 03 2014 12:59 PM
My oh My ! grin

Attached picture broncos.jpg
Posted By: huskybob Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Mon Feb 03 2014 02:33 PM
The funny thing is that Seattle tried to get Manning when he left the Colts, but he wouldn't even grant them an interview.
Too bad for Manning, but lucky for Seattle as Wilson looks to have an incredible future ahead of him. wink
Posted By: gatorgaspumps Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Mon Feb 03 2014 02:48 PM
Heard on the news last night the 12's that went along with the 12th man. 12 seconds into the game was the safety. Seattle scored there first touchdown 12 minutes into the game. 12 seconds into the second half was the kickoff return touchdown. Richard
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Mon Feb 03 2014 02:55 PM
Not to often do you see a team be so dominant all season,then belly flop so badly like that in the SBowl.
Not even Seattle favored analysts saw them losing by this much.
And that's why they play the game.

Huge Congrats to Seattle Seahawks.
They just played better & wanted it much more then Denver did.
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Mon Feb 03 2014 06:28 PM
Part of the issue is the disparity in the conferences. The AFC is not as strong as the NFC. I would imagine the 49ers are the second best team in the NFL. When a team runs up stats like Denver did the strength of schedule is often glossed over. I think the NFC will dominate the AFC for the next couple of years like they did on the 80s. There are better players and defenses in the NFC now.
Posted By: Gargoyle Re: Who you got in the Super Bowl? - Mon Feb 03 2014 08:40 PM
Originally Posted By: gatorgaspumps
Heard on the news last night the 12's that went along with the 12th man.

Wonder what Texas A&M will charge the Seahawks come 2016 to let them keep using their trademarked "12 Man" smirk
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk