Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: gasmansgp Some interesting news. - Sat Oct 11 2014 08:32 PM
By now, everyone has seen or gotten the new $100. bills. While at Hershey this week, we had a few through the booth. Yesterday I sold a lighted sign to a gentleman who retired from the Oil Industry. He was paying for the sign with new $100's. He pointed out the gold ink bottle with the Liberty Bell inside. Then he told me a little story about a close friend of his who was travelling up I 83 to Carlisle, last week to the car show. He was pulled over in Virginia by a State Trooper. The officer told him he was speeding. Then he asked the man how many guns he had on board? The driver said none, as was the truth. The officer then asked why he had so much cash in his truck? The guy was shocked that the police knew he had cash but thought it best to explain that he was on his way to a swap meet to buy and sell car parts. The money was for that. Then he questioned the officer about how he knew? The Trooper said that there is a chip in the Liberty Bell which can be tracked by air and targeted if the need arises. That is the real reason he was stopped. Now, I do not have any personal knowledge of this but I would not be at all surprised if it was all fact? Has anyone else heard anything about this? If true, it is very disturbing. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: porcelain-neon Re: Some interesting news. - Sat Oct 11 2014 08:42 PM
I believe it. I think it targets drug transactions, but, of course, no one escapes. Another step in taking away our freedoms.
Posted By: mcguffeyd1 Re: Some interesting news. - Sat Oct 11 2014 08:52 PM
Yes I believe it. The new bills like the 20 have RFID chips in them just like your passports do. Lots of countries are doing things like this. Scary...
Posted By: moore798 Re: Some interesting news. - Sat Oct 11 2014 10:06 PM
WHAT!! Surely NOT!!
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Some interesting news. - Sat Oct 11 2014 11:09 PM
Even if there were secret RFID tags inside of $100 bills, they could not have a significant battery. RFID tags used in toll road devices can be detected up to 300 feet in good conditions because they have a battery. RFID tags used in the thick "smartcard" credit cards can only be read within 3 feet, usually much less. Not by an aircraft.

http://www.rfidjournal.com/faq/show?139

http://www.newmoney.gov/newmoney/flash/interactive100/index.html

It is common practice for law enforcement to ask "loaded" questions, not only to get an answer, but mainly to read the reaction of the person in non-verbal actions. Asking about guns, explosives, drugs or cash will often make a perp noticeably uncomfortable.
Posted By: Dave Richey Re: Some interesting news. - Sun Oct 12 2014 12:03 AM
Thank you, Jim, for a voice of reason. I've also had my share the past couple of days of pictures depicting various individuals holding up perfect bodied 10' rattlesnakes they had killed. Evidently had scared them to death since there were no marks on them.
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Some interesting news. - Sun Oct 12 2014 12:18 AM
Thank you Jim, I was getting ready to swap all my 100's for 50's
Posted By: really Re: Some interesting news. - Sun Oct 12 2014 12:50 AM
Possibly some tin foil hats being worn by a few member here! lol.
Posted By: Neil Gerrard Re: Some interesting news. - Sun Oct 12 2014 03:39 AM
99% of everything on the internet is a complete and total lie, except for Oldgas which is 99% true, thanks for adding the 1% laugh
Posted By: mcguffeyd1 Re: Some interesting news. - Sun Oct 12 2014 04:08 AM
Jim is 100% correct on the distance. That is why retail stores use them in items to see when they get stolen.
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Some interesting news. - Sun Oct 12 2014 09:20 AM
I appreciate the correct information. That is why I posted it here in the forum. I expected to get a more reasonable side to the story. Thanks, Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: Some interesting news. - Sun Oct 12 2014 09:49 AM
Originally Posted By: Neil Gerrard
99% of everything on the internet is a complete and total lie, except for Oldgas which is 99% true, thanks for adding the 1% laugh
Thats funny Neal . I too have heard this same rumor for awhile now , those bills sure do have a lot going on with them . Interesting topic.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Some interesting news. - Sun Oct 12 2014 12:28 PM

...and Dick Bennett was spotted in Las Vegas this week playing craps,holding 100 dollar bills.
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Some interesting news. - Sun Oct 12 2014 12:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Cold Pizza

...and Dick Bennett was spotted in Las Vegas this week playing craps,holding 100 dollar bills.
Oh, if that were only true! I for one, really miss his input here. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: Some interesting news. - Sun Oct 12 2014 01:32 PM
It's interesting what people will believe.

It use to be in the way of joking that such stories were told, now it's seems the intent is to spread real rumors.

And anyone who thinks a police officer isn't going to use social engineering on you, well we see the results now don't we.
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Some interesting news. - Sun Oct 12 2014 03:11 PM
And there is the old stand by. Trying to say your ABC backwards will earn you a night in the pokey. The correct answer is you go first. LOL.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk