Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: gulfiend! ...That Good Gulf Gasoline sign on eBay... - Tue Dec 04 2012 09:02 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181037869155

...what do y'all think?
Posted By: towbizz33 Re: ...That Good Gulf Gasoline sign on eBay... - Tue Dec 04 2012 09:32 PM
very hard to tell from pictures. if the glove don't fit,you must a quit!!
Posted By: katfsh Re: ...That Good Gulf Gasoline sign on eBay... - Tue Dec 04 2012 10:23 PM
Looks fishy to me. All those colors on the back. And can't really see any shelving all of mine have good shelving.
Posted By: jwood7 Re: ...That Good Gulf Gasoline sign on eBay... - Tue Dec 04 2012 10:23 PM
The top left corner of the G in gulf has white from the background but the G in good does not which makes me wonder if it is fake.
Posted By: LOWright Re: ...That Good Gulf Gasoline sign on eBay... - Tue Dec 04 2012 10:48 PM
Mark,
I would say fake by looking at the back and when you zoom in on the word gasoline, it looks to sloppy. The back on mine is greenish gray. I can post a pic if you need it.
Posted By: JimT Re: ...That Good Gulf Gasoline sign on eBay... - Tue Dec 04 2012 11:53 PM
Man I hope its not a repop-at that size. Script looks wimpy. I dont know if I've seen a black backed one either.
Seems to match up to mine (purchased from Mark). Looks awful clean to me. I thought the font was wimpy too, but as I said, it matches.
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: ...That Good Gulf Gasoline sign on eBay... - Wed Dec 05 2012 07:08 PM
...I pretty much had made my mind up, but wanted input before I posted...

...the border is irregular, and isn't nearly wide enough...ALL of the lettering is crude..and the black back is something I've never seen on a 10.5" TGGG plate...I think the $#@& in Mumbai is responsible - it sure looks like his handiwork...
Posted By: Metro69 Re: ...That Good Gulf Gasoline sign on eBay... - Thu Dec 06 2012 01:47 AM
Hard to tell if it's A fake or if someone had a bad day at work 65 years ago. Not worth the risk to me. Here's a picture of some with 3 different color backs brown,green and white. All 3 came out of a Gulf bulk plant.

Chris

Attached picture photo (11).JPG
Attached picture photo (12).JPG
Posted By: JimT Re: ...That Good Gulf Gasoline sign on eBay... - Thu Dec 06 2012 10:06 AM
Eddy-could you post a picture of the front and back of your? Thanks The one on ebay definitely does not look proper. It looks weak-lame.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk