Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#615471 Sat May 30 2015 09:17 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well she is going to be hot here at 97 so I went out early to look at some garage sales. Same stuff everywhere: old tools old golf clubs kids toys and cloths. No gas pump like one member scored last year! But you got to look to find one. It seems half the town was out with me and we bumped into the same folks at the next stop up the road.
Have a good day all!
Fred

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow, 97? Is that typical where you are this time of year? Hotter than southern Maryland. We are expecting 85...

Lovely sunny, breezy day here, wish I was out laying in the grass and looking at the puffy clouds...I see one out of my office window that looks like Mickey da mouse's friend Goofy with a long stocking cap. But today I promised myself to catch up on paperwork. O joy....

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by Nicole; Sat May 30 2015 11:04 AM. Reason: Ya all notice I am stalling on my work by checking in here, don't ya'?
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Well Fred, guess we just swapped ends of the world for our r&r. It was a balmy 36 degrees here at the cabin in Ontario this morning but I will take that over 97 any day! Sunny and beautiful though with warmer temps on the way. A little breezy and cool for momma to go fishing with me so we are headed to town for lunch and maybe run to a little town that used to have a flea market on Saturdays. Not sure if it's open today but worth a shot and better than setting in the cabin watching tv. We went out yesterday evening and caught one nice walleye and an bunch of small northern. These cold fronts usually turn off the walleye and turn on the northern for some reason and those things sure are hard on tackle if you're not fishing for them. You need a good supply of jigs to stay in the game when they're hungry. Hope everyone is having a good weekend, wherever you are....GB

Online Cool
Hi Everyone,

Spotty rain here in the mid-70s. More rain on the way with flash flood warnings for our county. We're several hundred feet higher than Main Street in town, so if we get flooded, it's gettin' deep. wink Not trying to make light of the serious problems in Texas and the accompanying region. Hope they have seen the last of the worst.

Have a great weekend in Oldgasland!

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yes 97 is on the upper end of "normal" for the SW of Utah. Phoenix is expecting 100+ weather the next few days. But remember its a DRY heat. Allegedly that makes it more tolerable!
Gary I have hooked a few Northerns in my lifetime and I certainly enjoy their spunk. You know you have a fish on the line. Have great day wherever you are.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yeah...dry heat.

Bob took me on our honeymoon to Big Bend National park in Texas, and it was 110 dry heat!!! Made me some shade by having the hatch back of the station wagon open with a blanket tossed over it, 'cause that dry heat made it feel like my brain was boiling...LOL

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Finally the sun is out and no rain!! at least not yet it's rained everyday for about the last month it's been a weird May for sure...

Bob

Always looking for Frontier and Beeline items.
D
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
D
Hello All...
Late check in for me....I had my great nephew's first Bday party to attend earlier this afternoon and just got back home. I did however see an "old gas" sign out in the wild that I need to try and approach the owner about. Very heavy rains this evening, and the temps have went down substantially from earlier today. That's OK with me. I put my air conditioner in this morning as it finally warmed up enough that I needed it....last night was pretty uncomfortable trying to sleep, very humid!
Enjoy the evening all,
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved