Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#617365 Thu Jun 11 2015 06:36 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Morning all! Yesterday was a perfect day for fishing here in North Dakota! Low 70's with no wind and overcast to keep the sun from cooking you! My neighbor Mark and I decided to play hookey from our projects, and we headed out fishing about 1PM. We were on a kind of exploratory trip, looking for new "fishy" areas.
We caught a few small walleyes and northerns everywhere we went, but we were hunting bigger prey, and wanted some excitement thrown into the mix! About 4PM we started slowly cruising through some old flooded timber that had deadfall and stumps scattered throughout. Since it was a calm day, you could see the fallen logs and stumps below the water, and slowly go around everything! It was one of those days just made for exploring this area. It wasn't long before we had a couple larger northerns and were excited at watching them follow the lures back to the boat. Suddenly Mark hooked into something "really big" and was hollering as he fought to keep it out of the downed trees!
He ended up netting this 28 inch monster walleye, the type that you rarely get to catch! We continued on and it wasn't long before I hooked into something big, and it turned out to be this really nice 24 incher. Not as nice as Marks, but a great fish anyway! Both fish were really fat and in great shape! We released them both and caught a couple more northerns and headed for home!
Great fishing--Great hockey game--how much better day could a man ask for!! I'm still giggling over the fishing!!
Have a great day on me!!--KEVIN

Hump Day Marks Walleye.jpg Hump Day Walleye.jpg

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice catch Kevin! Those are a couple of nice ones. Looks like you figured out a new spot and pattern to try for sure. I always think it's fun to find new places even though the old standby spots can come in handy some days. We usually don't catch the bigger 24"+ walleye up north until the August reef fishing gets going. At least that's the easiest time to catch them consistently. You just never know where one will be lurking, that's for sure. Another hot day here. I figured out the tile pattern for my display room finally yesterday and need to get that ordered today and start cleaning and prepping the floor so I can get in down when it comes in. I decided to go with vct tile in black and white checkered pattern with red border. Kinda ordinary but I couldn't come up with anything I liked better and I have a cool bar that goes in there that has the same colors of ceramic tile on it. Should look good when it's all done. Better get to it, have a great day everyone.....GB

Online Content
Good morning gang!

I am jealous Kevin, I wish that our lake had walleye in it like that! Busy day around here, finishing up a few cars and getting ready to head out to the lake. I am thinking about heading to a different lake this weekend that is supposed to have HUGE sunfish in it. We will see.

Have a good day everybody!

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great catch there looks like a blast.

Always looking for grizzly gasoline stuff, or any Montana gas and oil stuff.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice !!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
we call em Pickerel up here . Beauty fish and some of the best eating anywhere

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks like you had a great time Kevin .

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved