Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Craig Osbeck
Has anyone had any previous experience with any one of the hotels listed or distances?
Thanks

Comfort Inn is 3/10 of a mile from the auction house.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
M
Mattgas Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
We have so many people calling to reserve a seat at the auction on October 5, we have decided to do the following.

A Note To Our Customers

Entrance to our auction facility to preview auction items is free of charge.
However, to reserve a seat in the auction room you will be required to pay a $500 deposit on each seat. This will be refunded to you upon a successful bid. If no bids are successful, it will be refunded to you within 30 days.
Seats are limited
Contact us today at 877-968-8880 to reserve your seat.

Updated preview hours:
Our auction facility will be opened for extended preview on Saturday, October 3rd and Sunday, October 4th until 7:00 PM.
Auction day preview will open on Monday, October 5th at 7:30 AM.
The auction will begin promptly at 9:00 AM

Any questions? Please call 877-968-8880.
Morphy Auctions
2000 N. Reading Road
Denver, PA 17517
www.MorphyAuctions.com

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
are lawn chairs allowed? lol

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Do you have to pay to stand in the room ? Not lol

Craig
T
TC Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I would think that an auction house holding an auction of this magnitude would hold it in a facility large enough to accommodate everyone. Totally unbelievable and not LOL.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Great idea Dan. It'll negate those who are only wanting to spectate and allows those who are planing to bid to actually have a seat.

Earl

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Oil King
Great idea Dan. It'll negate those who are only wanting to spectate and allows those who are planing to bid to actually have a seat.

Earl

My wife usually accompanies me when I go to auctions like this. So we'll have to pay $1000 in reserved seat deposits. It looks like I'll get one of the $500 deposits back when I check out at the end of the auction but I'll have to wait up to 30 days to get the other $500 deposit back since only one of us will be a registered bidder?

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By TC
I would think that an auction house holding an auction of this magnitude would hold it in a facility large enough to accommodate everyone. Totally unbelievable and not LOL.

The Interstate Center in Bloomington, IL would be an excellent venue for auctions like these.

W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
I think an admission charge should be at all auctions,, so many non buyers ( kids and family) go just because they are curious or are wanting to put some time in drinking coffee and taking up seats and meeting old friends. I see it all the time.. it's irritating not being able to find a seat.

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think the deposit is a great idea, it does get crowded with seat fillers, and if you can't afford to put $500 for 30 days you probably shouldn't be trying to buy anything at this auction.

W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
My thoughts exactly !!!

Wes.......
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I do not think that it is affordability, rather its another way to get more money out of the bidders. People see things different, for who would want to travel 3000 miles just to watch and not buy. That must be the way Barrett Jackson is, the main bidders are on the floor and the spectators are in the stands around it.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Neil Gerrard
I think the deposit is a great idea, it does get crowded with seat fillers, and if you can't afford to put $500 for 30 days you probably shouldn't be trying to buy anything at this auction.

I didn't see where anyone said they couldn't afford it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just have your wife bid on something and you don't have to wait the 30 days, might be more fun for her than just sitting there anyway.
Originally Posted By Lastgas15

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just have your wife bid on something and you don't have to wait the 30 days, might be more fun for her than just sitting there anyway.
Originally Posted By Lastgas15

I guess you misunderstood my original post.... "My wife usually accompanies me when I go to auctions like this. So we'll have to pay $1000 in reserved seat deposits. It looks like I'll get one of the $500 deposits back when I check out at the end of the auction but I'll have to wait up to 30 days to get the other $500 deposit back since only one of us will be a registered bidder?"
My post was not a complaint about the deposit requirement. My post was not a budget concern.
Perhaps it was poorly worded, but it was a question about how they'll handle couple's deposits. I posted it here hoping Dan would clarify as I'm sure there will be others in the same situation.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved