Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Steven C. #628624 Sun Sep 06 2015 06:24 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
God be with you guys and so will our prayers. Stay focused Steve and strong for your wife who needs now more than ever. God bless you two.

Have gas all the time
Steven C. #628634 Sun Sep 06 2015 08:02 AM
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Thoughts and Prayers to your Family

Steven C. #628674 Sun Sep 06 2015 02:46 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Damn, not the news anyone wants to hear or deal with...

Hopefully the Cancer; has been detected early enough that minimal surgery will have to be preformed. I also pray that it has been detected early enough; that a treatment regiment that will not be too aggressive to your Wife's overall health can be used!

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Bob Richards #628722 Mon Sep 07 2015 04:32 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
So sorry to hear this Steve. Be assured you and yours are in many of our prayers.

Steven C. #628728 Mon Sep 07 2015 06:15 AM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
So sorry to read about this Steve.
Prayers sent..

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Steven C. #628879 Tue Sep 08 2015 05:35 AM
I dont know you personally Steve, but if you need anything at all, please speak up. I cannot imagine what you guys are going through right now. Stay strong and try your best to keep a positive attitude.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Steven C. #628893 Tue Sep 08 2015 07:59 AM
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Thank you Ryan, and I can't say thank you enough to everyone!! At hospital for test right now. Its the worst feeling in the world knowing I can't do anything for her!! I'm doing my best to be encouraging and positive, we both are, and although you dont talk about it, in our heads, we both know that it all falls short as soon as the reality hits your mind. For those who have been here, you know what I mean. For those who haven't, I truly pray you never are.
Please keep the prayers coming!!!!

Steve

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Steven C. #629032 Wed Sep 09 2015 04:24 AM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Best wishes

Steven C. #629039 Wed Sep 09 2015 06:07 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Steve-- My wife and I are very close, and there isn't a day goes by that I don't think about the two of you and pray for the best! I am sure that this has totally consumed the two of you and has become your life for the time being.
I hope that knowing we are all concerned about this situation, has given you a touch of relief. Knowing that a whole lot of people are praying for her, and are concerned about the outcome, can really help a lot. Sharing of life's burdens makes for a lighter load, and lord knows you have a major one you're dealing with right now!
I sure hope our prayers have helped in some small way, and remember, we may be scattered about the nation, but we're thinking about you daily. God Bless your wife, and I wish you both the best!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Steven C. #629046 Wed Sep 09 2015 07:43 AM
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Kevin, as with everyone, your words and prayers certainly do bring a level of comfort. I've told my wife of this thread and all the comments, and it does bring a warm feeling to her. So I thank you all very much!!
Tomorrow we meet with the Dr. to get the whole story on what we're dealing with. If the news is bad, I fear there will be nothing left of her emotionally. Although she is fighting emotionally to stay on top of this, she is already so devastated. I'm just praying for God to be merciful!! The Bible says he wont give us more than we can handle. Well, we'll see.

I've always enjoyed and appreciated the Oldgas community, but at times like this it brings on a special meaning. So again, thank you all very much and God bless!!!

Steve

Steve Coppens
Steven C. #629051 Wed Sep 09 2015 08:52 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
So sorry you are going thru this . Thinking of you both .

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Steven C. #629057 Wed Sep 09 2015 10:41 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sending your wife and you my most Positive thoughts and Wishes!!!!
I don't know either of you on a personal level but from our limited interactions on here over the past 3 or so years, I have observed that you and your wife have a fun and amazing relationship and that will be a great source of strength and relief for both of you during difficult times.

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Steven C. #629119 Wed Sep 09 2015 07:25 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Steve I've only talked to you a couple times on here but read your posts all the time. I can tell you are a genuine person with always something positive to say.
I hope nothing but the best for your wife and you and I hope your positive perspective will help you both through this

Steven C. #629788 Tue Sep 15 2015 03:57 AM
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Good morning all, and again, thank you all very much for your concerns and prayers!!!

I just thought I would let you all know how things were going.

There hasn't been a whole lot of change as mostly we're just waiting for our Dr. appointments. Medical Oncology (Chemo) & Radiology Oncology (Radiation). I'm actually up this morning, not for work, but because we have our first appointment at 9am with a Radiology Oncologist to see what type and path of radiation we are going to do. Med Oncology appointment is next Thursday.
Crazy little side note on the Med Oncologist. My dad died from cancer in 2001 after a 7 year fight and my mom has been dealing with a treatable form of bladder cancer for the last several years. When we met last Thursday with our main Pulmonary (lung) Dr. on this whole thing, and he set us up with the Oncologist, it ends up being the same Dr. who treated my dad and is currently treating my mom. Small world I guess!!

Anyway, they had done what is called a PET scan on Melissa last Tuesday. This is to see if things have spread at all. They did find one other small spot on the Adrenal gland. Which is part of the kidney. At first they were scheduling a needle biopsy of this spot to check it out. But then the Radiology people said it wasn't necessary. Or at least that's what the Pulmonary Dr. told us. So I guess they just assume it is a spreading of the original cancer. I'll ask about that this morning at our appointment. That is one thing we have learned. Ask questions!! So because of this one spot spreading, they call this stage 4 cancer. It is a little discomforting to hear that. It just seems strange that you could have 1 spot or 10 with additional tumors, and it's all still called stage 4. But it is what it is. It could have been much worse.

On the personal side of things, well that part is tough. We have been through the emotional ringer to say the least!! I can't even put that part into words!! It is literally hell!! The ups and mostly downs of course. Just trying to get through the day without falling off the emotional cliff. But we are starting to come out of it a little. We both at first were afraid to even look on line for any information but we are starting to check some things out. You have to! You have to educate yourself. But I'll tell you, it is completely overwhelming all the information that is out there!! But like I said, we are starting to pull out of the dive. I am doing all I can to keep things up beat and positive!! I know how important that is. And I've been starting to push as much as is reasonable for us to continue with normal life. I know she has a tough side to her that will show up here soon enough. She's just still freaking out on the inside so bad that it's tough for her to be positive on the outside. But it will come. It's going to be a tough road, no doubt!!! But we are going to beat this!! We are going to beat this!!!

Well that's the short of it. Please keep the thoughts and prayers flowing!!!!

With many thanks to all,
Steve

Steve Coppens
Steven C. #629796 Tue Sep 15 2015 05:05 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
We appreciate your keeping us updated Steve. I know you probably get tired of answering everyone's questions and rehashing the situation but when someone you care about is hurting you just want to help and know what's going on with them. I am amazed every day at the number of people that you talk to that have had or are dealing with a cancer issue and are beating it to live a normal life. A few years ago it was rare when someone would get better but now they have made such drastic strides in cancer treatment that it is common for stage 4 patients to bounce back and beat the odds that used to be insurmountable. You just can't give up and a strong will gets you a long way in a personal fight like this. Hang tough my friend, and never underestimate the power of prayer and positive thinking!....Gary

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved