Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Cec Offline OP
OP Offline
Earlier this year I picked a Lion Oils Imperial quart. Fairly common and I would assume familiar with most Oil Can collectors in Canada and maybe US? I think one just sold at Shackeltons for $300 CDN.

Only after I bought it I was told it was sealed but had some kind of solid contents. At the time I was very close to asking for a refund. The seller claimed it was soil from a well. I can't tell if its been re lidded or not and its full of something? When you shake it sounds like lose dirt.
This week two different eBay sellers have one and both have the same Lion Oils can full of something. Both describe a sealed can with some solids inside.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Why did someone put these cans out there with solids in them?

I was going to attach a pic of my can but its been awhile and I failed.
Is it Randy that is a pro at attaching images? Randy would you mind attaching one?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Cec
Earlier this year I picked a Lion Oils Imperial
I was going to attach a pic of my can but its been awhile and I failed.
Is it Randy that is a pro at attaching images? Randy would you mind attaching one?

email me your image:.. ... cool
advertologist@yahoo.com

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
image of Chris's can of subject:

nice looking can.. ... cool

IMG_1781[1].JPG

RANDY
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This can is from an old Alberta Based company named Lion Oils that were drilling in southern Alberta during the thirties. A supply of cans were found years back and many of those were filled with core samples which is what is in them. They are not relid cans and are getting much harder to find now days.

I read that the company was gone by the late thirties and think they had a few stations during that time?

Earl

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved