Print Thread
#632874 Sun Oct 11 2015 06:48 PM
M
Mikegoe Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Seeking some opinions on my Standard sign. The sign itself is in very good condition as you can see from the pics with only a few very small rust spots such as left of the S and above the N. I did a quick wipedown on the top half just to show that it will clean up. The back side looks just as good. The porcelain globe holder has some dings but fair. The sign frame is the weak point as it is pretty rusty and looks to have been cut off of the pole with a torch. My concern is that if I leave the sign in the frame, the rust may spread to the sign. Would it be smart to try to remove the sign and try to restore the frame? Also, I have a plastic flame globe that is a little busted up and assumed these signs originally had glass ones? Any input as to current value and thoughts on preserving or restoring this sign would be helpful. Thanks

standard1.JPG standard2.JPG standard3.JPG standard4.JPG
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Mikegoe #634023 Thu Oct 22 2015 07:20 AM
K
K
Recently, I've seen these in the $1200 area. I would not restore it and leave the questions about the frame to the future sign owner.

Koby Vinokor
516-353-2440

OLD LICENSE PLATE WANTED (Porcelain, Leather, Early Plates, Specializing in New York)

www.facebook.com/kmvantiques
Mikegoe #634031 Thu Oct 22 2015 08:26 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Around here the Standard brand is a strong brand and with the globe holder, sign condition with ring it would be at least $1500.00. As mentioned I would just clean it up and let it be.

Have gas all the time

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved