Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#637937 Sat Nov 21 2015 05:01 PM
D
OP Offline
D
We'll I got this off eBay because I am a car guy and I got a soft spot for studebaker and packard cars, I know they owned a.t.p. At one time so my question is age, what era would this be from?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Studebaker-Packard Corporation was the entity created by the purchase of the Studebaker Corporation of South Bend, Indiana, by the Packard Motor Car Company of Detroit, Michigan, in 1954. While Studebaker was the larger of the two companies, Packard's balance sheet and executive team were stronger than that of the South Bend company.. ... cool

RANDY
D
OP Offline
D
Cool! So what time gram was the studebaker packard logo and a.p. Used on stp products? Just trying to narrow down the age a bit

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Danthepontiacman
Cool! So what time gram was the studebaker packard logo and a.p. Used on stp products? Just trying to narrow down the age a bit

that can is between '54 & '62 by the single digit zip code.. ... cool

RANDY
D
OP Offline
D
Alright thanks, good keeper I think.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Just a small addition to the discussion: Studebaker was known for pinching pennies. I think they had to, to stay alive as long as they did. So, they did very little updating of their chemical and appearance product cans in the 1950's and 1960's.

If the factory had a thousand cases of "Miracle Power" still in stock, available to supply the dealerships, they weren't going to worry about updating the can graphics. I imagine, this product, in this same can, was available at Studebaker dealers up to the end of Stude auto production (last cars made in Canada in March, 1966) and beyond. As a matter of fact, there are some Studebaker parts vendors that still have cases upon cases of NOS Stude product cans with these same 1950's-early 1960's graphics available. Not the Miracle Power cans, but Cooling System Cleaner, if I recall correctly. John

D
OP Offline
D
Nice! I'm just glad to have such a unique can, even if it's not rare it still is a original studebaker packard product.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Right on, Dan....that's the connection we get to make with the past and the folks who lived back then, when we collect these goodies. John

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved