Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#638827 Sun Nov 29 2015 03:04 PM
D
OP Offline
D
These are my friends pumps, he is going to keep some but agreed to sell me one, my question is what are they worth in this condition? Like what should I pay? The white pump my hand is on is the one I'd like to try to get, is it a good pick or would one of the others be better?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Last edited by Oldgas; Sun Nov 29 2015 03:46 PM. Reason: edit to put item name in title
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
OP Offline
D
Another one of the pump I want to try to get

image.jpg
D
OP Offline
D
Also when ones redone what are they worth

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Generally less than what you put into them. That's from my experience. Mitch

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Looks like a load of pump parts to me ! Start with a better foundation in my opinion.
Been there done that. Replacement parts add up quickly.

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .
D
OP Offline
D
Really? Even with them being solid and no rust through? Several are just surface rust and a few dents, not to sound like a newbie but isn't that the main thing? Not being full of holes?

G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
It's hard to give a price while looking at pumps in the wild. It depends on your area and what you plan on doing with the pump. A complete short straight G&B pump in my area list for about $500. I don't know how fast they are moving though. If the pump is missing parts you need to figure out how much they will cost and subtract them from the price. Used parts are usually higher priced than you might think. If you are going to keep it for your self it doesn't matter. If you are planning to flip it or restore it and then sell it that's a different story. I've seen nice short restored pumps sit in antique stores for 1,500 for years. Richard

G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
I have been to Mississippi and drug pumps back which looked just like this batch. As I recall, the area gets a bit of rain and then the humidity in the summer. My point is that the weather helps with rust growing on anything metallic. I have found that surface rust can get worse once you try to take it apart. Gilbarco pumps are famous for having the top rust out beneath the rectangle cover plate. If you need a top, they can be difficult to find and are pricey. I just bought a Gilbarco pump, exactly like this, this afternoon from a guy in your state. It is in considerably better condition than the one pictured and I paid $250. I do have to have it shipped here but you can't have everything. Good luck with your find. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

D
OP Offline
D
Ok thanks y'all, I just needed a bias for what to pay so. Can haggle a bit, I may be better off with one of the other pumps because he only has one like what I want but he has several of the others and several parts.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Get the tokhiem 39 short (the red one) more desirable than the Gilbarco IMO. But only buy it if it has both doors.

Rob

Last edited by Gas Pump Rob; Wed Dec 09 2015 08:42 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Better yet buy them all package deal $200.00 each and resell the ones you don't want at a local car show to fund the ones you want to keep! That is what I would do. Finding a group of pumps like that in the woods these days is getting to be rare.
If you don't you will be sorry later. Looks like a great opportunity to me!

Rob

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved